August Filers Post Here

Hi guys I went to the Social security Office and they said my EAD is not in the system and I have to wait a couple of weeks for it show up in the system or they will have to send the application to DHS to verify the EAD and it could take upto 6 weeks. These guys are unbelievable.

This is the most meaningless document I have ever held How can uscis send me an EAD and not be able to verify it. I called USCIS they said they have no way of verifying it for me I has to fill out another form and mail it in and it will take upto 8 weeks to be verified. I think they can do better.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks Guys

Daniel

Hi guys I went to the Social security Office and they said my EAD is not in the system and I have to wait a couple of weeks for it show up in the system or they will have to send the application to DHS to verify the EAD and it could take upto 6 weeks. These guys are unbelievable.

This is the most meaningless document I have ever held How can uscis send me an EAD and not be able to verify it. I called USCIS they said they have no way of verifying it for me I has to fill out another form and mail it in and it will take upto 8 weeks to be verified. I think they can do better.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks Guys

Daniel

That is how the system works. Just be patient. I have had my SSN since 2001, when I went for a name change, they told me it will take 4-6 wks to verify my EAD but my EAD is not new - I've had it for a while. I guess that is just the way it is.

Any news from Aug? Many Sept filers have their ILs! Is there anyone doomed like me, i.e. VSC?

Many of August filers still await ...so be patient..
Some october filers actually got their ILs..
Hang on..

and oh..wife's EAD has an LUD of 11/25/08
So the the I-765 has 3 LUDs with same message
11/19
11/24
11/25
Card Production Ordered

All with ILs must be CSCs. Any VSC with an IL? I doubt. They are still processing feb08! I am trying to be patient.

I just want to say, despite all the non-stop waiting, it's time to pause and recognize everything that we should all be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here!

(Next week, we can resume tormenting ourselves again -- yay!)

Hopefully this week is one we start seeing some ILs coming..
Amazingly, Sep and Oct people are getting ILs already.

Hopefully this week is one we start seeing some ILs coming..
Amazingly, Sep and Oct people are getting ILs already.

We will get our ILs "in a few weeks" whatever that means. I called USCIS for sthing else and decided to ask as a by-the-way about my case. The guy told me I should be scheduled for an interview "in a few weeks". Is that 4, 15, 20? Who knows? I don't.

Well I did that too this morning and she told me the exact same thing "in few weeks" but I wasn't satisfied with such answer so I asked her if she could give me an estimate of how many weeks, but she said she doesn't know exactly, probably from 4-8 weeks if every thing go well.

Good job calling them guys! That means more weeks of waiting, or not (if we're all lucky). I'm trying to keep myself busy with the holidays so I don't dwell. Good luck to us all. Let's keep each other posted. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news.
Initial Interview letter was received today.
Interview set for 1/26.
However, the list of documents listed to bring to the interview is so huge...
Most of them I already submitted but...will have to double check..

Hopefully all of you will get yours soon...

Great news.
Initial Interview letter was received today.
Interview set for 1/26.
However, the list of documents listed to bring to the interview is so huge...
Most of them I already submitted but...will have to double check..

Hopefully all of you will get yours soon...

CONGRATS ProudPal! Even though your EAD took longer than others, your IL is one of the earliest. Good for you! Wishing you the best.