August Concurrent filed EB2 category California

I made a phone inquiry to 1-800 number two months ago and was promised by the representative that I could get a response in a month by mail. Nothing happened so far.

My spouse made a phone inquiry yesterday and the representative gave the same answer - "I will initiate an inquiry and you should be receiving a written response within a month".
Somehow that sounds like just another way to get make us shut-up for the moment.
Has anybody ever received any better responses ?
Or has anyone ever received the promised letter after 1 month ?

Thanks
gcsfo.

hope_Nov said:
I made a phone inquiry to 1-800 number two months ago and was promised by the representative that I could get a response in a month by mail. Nothing happened so far.

gcsfo

I got the same answer. Some desi guy picked up the phone at the USCIS service center. The disappointing thing was that there wasn't even a LUD on my 485 since that inquiry.

Do let us know if you get an LUD.

-buzz
gcsfo said:
My spouse made a phone inquiry yesterday and the representative gave the same answer - "I will initiate an inquiry and you should be receiving a written response within a month".
Somehow that sounds like just another way to get make us shut-up for the moment.
Has anybody ever received any better responses ?
Or has anyone ever received the promised letter after 1 month ?

Thanks
gcsfo.

Made a phone inquiry

I made a phone inquiry yesterday using the 800 375 number, the lady mentioned she had no case details, but she got all my details (case number, name, address, phone, was there a change of address, was there an rfe on the case, what other cases have been filed that are in pending status, receipt date of the application, my birth date) and said she will send in the query, and that I should hear from the USCIS by written mail in 30 days. I checked this morning, but there is no last update date change for my application. :confused:

No LUDs after making phone inquiry

Hi buzzingbee,

There were no LUDs on my I-485 after I made the inquiry.

On Monday, I am going to call again - my spouse had asked only for her case.
I read somewhere that each person needs to call themselves. Is that true ?

I will let you know if I hear anything different.

Thanks
gcsfo

That's true. In my case I called up and spoke with the person and also told him that my wife's case is pending too.

Since my wife was around - we gave him the info in the same phone call.

-buzz

gcsfo said:
Hi buzzingbee,

There were no LUDs on my I-485 after I made the inquiry.

On Monday, I am going to call again - my spouse had asked only for her case.
I read somewhere that each person needs to call themselves. Is that true ?

I will let you know if I hear anything different.

Thanks
gcsfo

Scary to see this Forum DeaD Silent....

Folks, Hope THEY R NOT on Spring vaccation...No movement on 485 s anywhere...Does anyone know whats going on? It is real scary to see this Forum this silent. Even if your friend's case gets approved pls post. Atleast we know something is happening inside the BLACK BOX. ..... Regards...... :confused:

Enquiry with USCIS

Hi All

I just spoke with my lawyer regarding an enquiry they had made with USCIS. They responded saying that my case is undergoing security checks and that the next enquiry shouldn't be made until after 60 days.

That was about my case. Now, on the Nov 2004 forum I saw that someone's I-485 got approved on May 12 (and his/her I-140 was approved almost a month back).

Could it be that they are backtracking to re-look at all the pending cases ?

That's my hope. Fingers crossed.

-buzz

Case Approved

Good news at last. Got my card in the mail yesterday. Wife's case pending on security checks. Good luck to everyone waiting!

140/485/EAD/AP RD - 08/2004
FP, EAD/AP AD - 09/2004
140 AD - 03/2005
485 AD - 05/2005

Congrats Vram

Can you pls share if yours was a EB2/EB3 and was it filed at the California Service center? Also what was the Priority date and can you share the first 5 digits of the WAC receipt number for the I-485?
thx
:)

artusa

My case was filed with CSC as EB2. Priority date was 01/2002. WAC was 04236xxxxx. I had a similar LUD on 01/12/05. You might get an approval soon. Wish you all the best.

vramarapu said:
My case was filed with CSC as EB2. Priority date was 01/2002. WAC was 04236xxxxx. I had a similar LUD on 01/12/05. You might get an approval soon. Wish you all the best.

vramarapu - can you tell us exact dates of all RD/ND/AP ? BTW, you said
you received your card. when did you get I-485 approved. ?

outletvolt1

My RD was in the last week of 08/2004. I do not have the exact dates with me. I did not get any approval notice. The card was mailed to me directly. An interesting thing is that the card has "Permanent Resident Since" as 12/2004 and "Expiration Date" as 05/2015. I believe that either USCIS approves our applications and waits for name checks to clear or they did not notice the approval until my lawyer sent them an inquiry. Good luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vram

vramarapu said:

Great - thanks for the info and the good wishes. Enjoy your freedom!! :)

vramarapu said:
My RD was in the last week of 08/2004. I do not have the exact dates with me. I did not get any approval notice. The card was mailed to me directly. An interesting thing is that the card has "Permanent Resident Since" as 12/2004 and "Expiration Date" as 05/2015. I believe that either USCIS approves our applications and waits for name checks to clear or they did not notice the approval until my lawyer sent them an inquiry. Good luck to you.

Hi vramarapu...
Congratulations on this!!!
Did you see the Approval Update in the online case status page? If it changed to approved, do you mind sharing what it says?
Also, atleast, did ur attorney get the 485 approval notice?
Sorry for tons of questions, all of us r anxiously waiting for our approvals.

Regards
KGW

KillingGCWait

The online message changed the day after I got my card! It now says "This case has been approved. On May 14, 2005, an approval notice was mailed......". My attorney did not get the notice. I guess this is a result of USCIS mailing the card directly instead of the approval notice. Good luck to you.

vramarapu ,

Congratulations!

Did you undergo biometric FingerPrinting (instead of the regular fingerprinting) where they also take your photograph? Usually people who have done this get the card directly. Or did you get your passport stamped and then receive the card? Will appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

gc_eb2_conc

When I went for fingerprinting in 09/2004 @ the SF office, the personnel looked at our notices and said "Oh! This is XXXX". I do not exactly remember what they said but it was scary! They did take our photographs and fingerprints. I did not get my passport stamped. Good luck to you.

More Hits to Postal Mail Box Now!!! :)

vramarapu said:
The online message changed the day after I got my card! It now says "This case has been approved. On May 14, 2005, an approval notice was mailed......". My attorney did not get the notice. I guess this is a result of USCIS mailing the card directly instead of the approval notice. Good luck to you.

Guys ,
According to what happened here, I guess all of us now should have more HITs the postal Mail boxes (for Green Cards ) than our E-Mail inboxes. :)

Thank you vramarapu for sharing the info.

Regards,
KGW