August 2009 family based filers post here

hey guys , do u get any kind of LUD on ur I 485 when uscis sends IL? or u just receive the Interview appt without any LUD on the I 485
I can't recall if I got an LUD on my 485 before I got my IL. But usually it's a pleasant surprise. ;)

Regarding changing your name on the green card, I believe you can ask the IO to change it. Good luck!

So I finally received my interview letter today. My hubby and I just opened the envelope and just shook our heads. The interview date is December 2. That is the same week that he has law school exams, in fact, he has two exams on December 2.

There is no way for him to postpone or take his exams early, so I am forced to call USCIS to reschedule the interview.

I am seriously bummed out. I would cancel work, vacations, I would drive 8 hours to the interview location to make the interview, but in this case, I have no choice but to reschedule.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Please don't state the obvious and tell me not to reschedule the interview.

Now I'm off to eat a good amount of chocolate ice cream to help lighten my mood...
Don't worry bellalondon, I believe you'll be fine re-scheduling your interview. It's just one of those things you can't control. Just chillax with your chocolate ice cream :D

So I finally received my interview letter today. My hubby and I just opened the envelope and just shook our heads. The interview date is December 2. That is the same week that he has law school exams, in fact, he has two exams on December 2.

There is no way for him to postpone or take his exams early, so I am forced to call USCIS to reschedule the interview.

I am seriously bummed out. I would cancel work, vacations, I would drive 8 hours to the interview location to make the interview, but in this case, I have no choice but to reschedule.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Please don't state the obvious and tell me not to reschedule the interview.

Now I'm off to eat a good amount of chocolate ice cream to help lighten my mood...
Sorry to hear that, try to relax, and enjoy your ice cream! Love chocolate ice cream!!!!! Yummm
Yeah I belive you should be fine rescheduling.. I would advise you to do it in person though.. make an INFOPASS appointment and do it personally... the USCIS phone service is NOT great on rescheduling ( I hear not so good stories).
Good Luck!

hey guys , do u get any kind of LUD on ur I 485 when uscis sends IL? or u just receive the Interview appt without any LUD on the I 485

I didn't get any LUD on I485, but my interview letter is dated 10/23, that's when I got my EAD card production ordered 2nd update.

Thanks KVS26, swtblcn23 and BribeAl for your support.

I just rescheduled the interview by phone this morning. I have the referral number and was told to expect a new interview date within 45 days.

I'm a little nervous after reading your post, Bribeal, but I'm trying not to be a worry wart, so I'm putting my faith in the universe and hope I have some good karma stored away.

Will keep you all posted. Keep those successful interview stories coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO Kvs26

I have the exact same case as you. I had my interview in Orlando on 10/27 through marriage to a US Citizen...Everything seemed to be fine. When we arrived the IO mentioned that he would not be able to approve my case that day because I had a pending I-485 through employment. We proceeded with the interview, we answer all the questions and he did asked me some questions about my Employer and if I knew why my I-140 was denied since we appeled two years ago, therefor my I*-485 is pending through aproval of I-140. I explained to him that it was denied because they could not count my two years experience as equivalent and he seemed to agreed with that.
At the end of the interview, he returned my passport and all documents, but he kept my I-94 when I entered back in 2003 and stapled it to my file. He said in 7 weeks I should get a letter letting me know if it was aproved or denied...I did give me a letter that my lawyer wrote for me withdrawing my pending application for employment, because INS does not like when you have more than one petition...But I am praying that I get news soon and positive...People say that when they take your I-94 is a good sign...so I am just waiting

that sucks!

bella, that totally sucks! sorry you have to reschedule but it sounds like it'll work out fine =)

1 more day until the interview. i'm already in the city for work, which is completely physically and mentally taxing - which is good because it's keeping me from obsessing over the interview! LOL! now, to kkep from falling asleep during the interview.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just kidding!

Hi all,

Here are the updates on my parents cases. I130 for my father has been approved and we revieved approval notice on 11/2. But my mother's I130 is not approvaed yet. Online status changed yesterday to RFE. Not sure what is the RFE for?

I don't see much of the updates on parent's cases in this thread. Please post the latest on the parent's cases also.

Thanks,

I got a mail from USCIS an hour back that my father's I485 is approved and card production is ordered. :)

approved!

Thanks swtblcn23 and everyone else on here. Our interview was this morning and I was approved!

We arrived 40 minutes early and were out of the building within a half hour, nice and speedy. Ladies, go light on the accessories because you have to take them off to go through the metal detector, men same thing with belts. And be prepared to pull your pant legs up to show the tops of your boots! The Dallas office hands out pagers and we only had to wait for 10 minutes before ours went off.

The interview was short and sweet. The IO asked very few questions. Had we been married before? Do we have any kids? When did I last enter the US? What documentation did I show at the border? Then he had me confirm my full name, birth date, address and cell number. He wanted to see the originals of our birth certificates and marriage certificate, passports, social security cards and driver's licenses, and copies of our joint bills. He took 4 photos from an album I'd put together and that was it! Then the IO said, "I'm going to approve you today and you should receive your card in the mail in 3 weeks." He added the disclaimer about the green card being conditional and told me not to leave the US until I had the card in hand.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!:D

Thanks swtblcn23 and everyone else on here. Our interview was this morning and I was approved!

We arrived 40 minutes early and were out of the building within a half hour, nice and speedy. Ladies, go light on the accessories because you have to take them off to go through the metal detector, men same thing with belts. And be prepared to pull your pant legs up to show the tops of your boots! The Dallas office hands out pagers and we only had to wait for 10 minutes before ours went off.

The interview was short and sweet. The IO asked very few questions. Had we been married before? Do we have any kids? When did I last enter the US? What documentation did I show at the border? Then he had me confirm my full name, birth date, address and cell number. He wanted to see the originals of our birth certificates and marriage certificate, passports, social security cards and driver's licenses, and copies of our joint bills. He took 4 photos from an album I'd put together and that was it! Then the IO said, "I'm going to approve you today and you should receive your card in the mail in 3 weeks." He added the disclaimer about the green card being conditional and told me not to leave the US until I had the card in hand.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!:D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
!

Does anyone have experience with 2 AOS files open? How do you deail with this? I read elseswhere that even though people withdraw their application, its not reflected in the system for a long time. I am so close, but feel so far in getting my greencard. I haven't gone home for 7 years now, so really anxious.

Can you update your time line in signature so. I geuss there are very few people for Newark DO. I just want to have a rough idea of the processing time in NEwark, NJ

finally I am done with the GC application

The interview officer is from my country so everything went much smoother than we expected. He only asked where we met and how our relationship developed and wanted to see some photos to confirm our marriage.

Wish all of you good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
The interview officer is from my country so everything went much smoother than we expected. He only asked where we met and how our relationship developed and wanted to see some photos to confirm our marriage.

Wish all of you good luck!

Congratulations mapleleaf!

hey guys ,i received IL for 15th December and i am a little bit worried. Me and my husband have no joint health insurance as we have no insurance, car insurance-they told him we cant have it joint unless i have US driving licence and i still have not such.He moved the apartment before me ,so the lease is only on his name,the utilities also. All we have is joint bank account which we opened back in may and our family plan on cell phones.But we had big wedding with many pictures and friends ,we keep our cards we sent to each other in the past when i was back to my country and we can print out his ticket when he came to visit me in europe ,also tickets that we went together to Rome, Do you think this will be enough for the interview as a proof of our true marriage?

Today, I was approved on interview at the Chicago, IL DO. Everything went smooth, few regular questions and documentation review, that's it! Wish the same to everybody!
Good Luck!