August 2009 family based filers post here

I'm officially an August filer!

Spouse of a USC

8/27/09 - Mailed package to USCIS - I-130, I485, I765

sanename, you were right. NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765 arrived in today's mail.

shigaell, did your missing I-130 NOA show up yet?

The cases for each NOA are all showing up online. I'd checked yesterday using the number stamped on the back of our cheques but those numbers came up empty. The last 2 digits on my case numbers were 1, 3 and 4 digits off of the highest number on our I-130 and I-485 cheques.

Dumb question: there's only 1 biometrics appointment, right? Both the I-485 and I-765 NOA forms list the next step as a biometrics appointment.

Welcome new August filers!

I130 NOA came yesterday, still waiting for the I765, but with a litte more hope :)

Does anyone know if the NOAs means that the forms were pre-validated?? or it just means they got it and could cash it??

Best regards and good luck for everyone!

That's a relief!

I think these NOAs mean there were no obvious errors in the application package and are receipts for cashing our cheques...

Hello August 09 filers!

Hello everyone,

I sent my application (spouse of US citizen) on 08/24. Lets hope every one of us has a smooth sailing. As for myself, I am currently on H-1B and I already had an employment based I-485 pending... so dont really know how they deal with parallel applications. Is there anyone else in the same boat?

It would be really great if everyone can fill out their info in the Google spreadsheet thats listed in my signature....this way we dont have to keep on scrolling to see what everyone's case status is. Let me know if there are any problems accessing/updating this spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance :D
kvs26

Hi all,

Where can I find my district office?? Mine say it is NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER, is it the district office??

Anyone got an update after receiving the NOAs?? In my portfolio they all are in status "receipt notice mailed and case pending"

Greetings!

No Shigaell, that's not your district office. You can locate your district office by entering your zipcode on the Field Office Locator page found through the uscis homepage>Services and Benefits>Field Office Locator. I tried to post the URL but apparently we need to post 15x before posting a URL on this forum (who knew?).

kvs26, I'm not an H1-B but there's plenty out there, hopefully they'll respond

Aug 2009 - CP for Parents / Delhi Consulate

I have applied for my parents (Mother & Father).
I have received the notice, but I am not able to find the status on the USCIS website. :confused:

Following are the details
I-130 sent : 08/17/2009
I-130 Receipt Date: 08/20/2009 / Notice Date: 08/25/2009
Check Cashed: 08/26/2009
NOA1 for I-130: 08/29/2009

Last edited by a moderator:
This August thread seems really quiet compared to the other months.

Anyways just received my biometrics notice 10 days after my NOA1, scheduled for the end of September, not sure I want to try and do a walk in, but it's over three weeks away so its tempting. For those who have been waiting on the ASC appointment, it should be in any day now, it seems as if they are taking a little longer than usual to send these notices out as most August filers on other boards have been waiting more than a week.

Bummer! Thanks for the heads up on the slower timeline captainG. USCIS must be off on summer vacation ;)

sank72, my cases were online as soon as I received NOAs but I've read others' experiences that there was some lag time between receiving NOA and the case showing up online.

Update on filing

Received Biometrics Appt Letter - 8/31/2009
US Citizen filing for mother
(Filed I-130 and I485 concurrently)

8/12/2009 - Receipt Date
8/18/2009 - Checks Cashed
8/18/2009 - Notice Date
8/31/2009 - Biometrics Appt Letter

Please add your information to the spreadsheet

Hello All:

I have created a simple spreadsheet to keep track of updates from August 2009 Filers.

RFE received

This is a Big BS. I received an RFE 'request for initial evidence' saying that i need to submit an english translation of my foreign language birth certificate. I am 100 % sure that I included it in my AOS package and also mentioned it on the cover letter. So I submitted one more time the same documents and lost 2 weeks in the process already ):

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! I just filled up your spreadsheet. BTW, we submitted the application on the same day. But my money orders still haven't been cashed yet.

Hello everyone,

I sent my application (spouse of US citizen) on 08/24. Lets hope every one of us has a smooth sailing. As for myself, I am currently on H-1B and I already had an employment based I-485 pending... so dont really know how they deal with parallel applications. Is there anyone else in the same boat?

It would be really great if everyone can fill out their info in the Google spreadsheet thats listed in my signature....this way we dont have to keep on scrolling to see what everyone's case status is. Let me know if there are any problems accessing/updating this spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance :D
kvs26

Hello All:

I have created a simple spreadsheet to keep track of updates from August 2009 Filers.

Hello sd63,

I had previously posted a Google spreadsheet for this purpose and a few people have already filled it. Can we please stick to that one..... I don't have Excel on my computer ......and Google spreadsheets work just as fine.

Thanks!

I am having a strange issue. I received NOA for I-130, but I am not able to find the case online for both the parents.

It says case # invalid. Please check the Receipt Number. Is this normal

Great! I just filled up your spreadsheet. BTW, we submitted the application on the same day. But my money orders still haven't been cashed yet.

Hi Mapleleaf16,

My check hasn't been cashed yet either. From looking at the others, I estimate that it would take about 9 days from the day they received the application. So it should be around this Thursday for you and hopefully Friday for me.

By the way, does anyone know of the approximate timeline involved for the whole process. I read somewhere in the forums that after they receive the app and the NOAs/fingerprint are sent, these apps wait in a queue for about 3 months and are then sent to the District Office. When is the I130 decided (for USC spouse)? Is that also done during Interview time?

Thanks,
kvs26

No but my Checks have been cashed.

Following are the details
I-130 sent : 08/17/2009
I-130 Receipt Date: 08/20/2009 / Notice Date: 08/25/2009
Check Cashed: 08/26/2009
NOA1 for I-130: 08/29/2009

But case status is not available on USCIS website.

I am having a strange issue. I received NOA for I-130, but I am not able to find the case online for both the parents.

It says case # invalid. Please check the Receipt Number. Is this normal

Sorry!! I don't have a google ID and was not able to enter the data.

Hello sd63,

I had previously posted a Google spreadsheet for this purpose and a few people have already filled it. Can we please stick to that one..... I don't have Excel on my computer ......and Google spreadsheets work just as fine.

Thanks!