August 2003 I-140/I-488 Concurrent Tracker

Got FP notice

Got FP notice yesterday evening. Scheduled for Oct 29th.

Any idea how long it takes on an average for I485 to be approved after the FP is done.

I140/I485 (EB3)- ND- 8/19/03
I140 - AP - 6/25/04
FP - schd 10/29/04
I485 - ????

umeshv said:
Got FP notice yesterday evening. Scheduled for Oct 29th.

Any idea how long it takes on an average for I485 to be approved after the FP is done.

I140/I485 (EB3)- ND- 8/19/03
I140 - AP - 6/25/04
FP - schd 10/29/04
I485 - ????

With your ND, anywhere from 1 - 12+ months (I'm in a similar situation with a 10/23/03 ND). If you are lucky the leading "wave" (currently at / around Jul/Aug 2003 cases) will process you, otherwise the next wave (currently at / around Oct/Nov 2002 cases) might catch you. Hopefully...

ETA

Whats the criteria for July Aug 2003 wave for approval

I was wondering if anyone knows the criteria of the application selection for July August 2003 I-485.
:rolleyes:

If we don't get sweep in J-A 03 way then when do you think we will be processed?

thanks
Abhi

abhichicago said:
I was wondering if anyone knows the criteria of the application selection for July August 2003 I-485.
:rolleyes:

If we don't get sweep in J-A 03 way then when do you think we will be processed?

thanks
Abhi

I don't think anyone really understands / knows for sure how the VSC is deciding to process cases these days. The "wave" theory is a possible explanation where (possibly) "easier" cases are being approved in earlier waves. As to what constitutes an "easy" case I'm not sure but this could be related to the country of origin for the applicant, the EB catagory, whether the applicant filed AC-21 etc. On the other hand, it could be completely random where the VSC is simply trying to approve some % of more recently filed cases in order to drive the average backlog time down.

It's also possible that this is related to staffing issues -- maybe they are using newer, less experienced staff to search ahead for these "easy" cases while the "pros" are dealing with more complex cases in the 2nd or later waves.

My guess at this point is that if the Jul/Aug wave passes you, then the next wave is about 8-9 months behind (currently at Oct/Nov 2002). And if the second wave passes you then things start to get very random.

This is all complicated by the fact that the USCIS is trying to reduce the average backlog to < 6 months by some point in 2005. They are also changing their process, e.g. by issuing FP only once if possible and by adjucating the I-140 and I-485 together if possible (although this hasn't really started to happen a lot yet).

This makes it really hard to speculate about future processing times / patterns with any accuracy -- the above theory could end up being completely wrong a few months from now but it seems to be holding up for now.

Note: see also the excellent stats that nemessis has put together (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=922995#post922995), the tracker at rupnet.com and the I-140 tracker in the I-140 thread (which I'm updating to show I-485 approvals as people in that tracker get them).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
485 Approved

:) :D :eek: HELLO EVERYBODY.....

TODAY AM ALL OVER THE MOON.... I JUST FOUND ON INS SITE THAT MY 485 HAS BEEN APPROVED...

I-485 AD (09/30/2004) no RFE
I 140 AD (08/18/2004) after RFE...
EAD AD (03/05/2004) after RFE
I 140 / I 485 Concurrent filing (08/18/2003)

SO COULD ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT NEXT?

When i started this thread i really didnt know that there would be so many people who will get involved with this thread.... again thanks for all your involvement and dont worry one day you guys will wake up like me to find that your 485 has been approved.....

bye and all the best for you guys....

got the FP notice

Finally got the FP notice . FP scheduled on 10/27 for ND in Aug 2003.

satpreet said:
I 485 ND - 08/19/03
FP Notice today on 10/04 for last week of Oct.

satpreet, I am around the same date. Do you think any particular action of yours triggered this? How about any renewel of EAD or anything?

Status of my case

Does this mean anything positive ? :rolleyes: :confused: I hope :p
My case status at VSC:
"On September 20, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

AT VSC:
I140/485 ND AUG 22 2003
I140 APPROVED JUNE 3 2004
FP ON SEP 14 2004
CURRENTLY ON EAD / ADVANCED PAROLE

Congrats techie 3000

techie3000 said:
:) :D :eek: HELLO EVERYBODY.....

TODAY AM ALL OVER THE MOON.... I JUST FOUND ON INS SITE THAT MY 485 HAS BEEN APPROVED...

I-485 AD (09/30/2004) no RFE
I 140 AD (08/18/2004) after RFE...
EAD AD (03/05/2004) after RFE
I 140 / I 485 Concurrent filing (08/18/2003)

SO COULD ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT NEXT?

When i started this thread i really didnt know that there would be so many people who will get involved with this thread.... again thanks for all your involvement and dont worry one day you guys will wake up like me to find that your 485 has been approved.....

bye and all the best for you guys....

Great, Congratulations !!!techie3000, hope you look back into this forum for congratulatory notes...you started this thread....and yours is the first to get approved.....GOD really exists....somewhere...someplace.....All the best for your future endeavors....

thanks

Thanks I485stage...... i myself am so surprised with my approval... till date am not able to digest it.... cuz the whole GC process just took little more than an year and half starting from my advertising (for labour) till the approval....

dont worry even i had the same status for 2 weeks after INS received my FP... so my guess is you should get an approval in next two or three weeks... enjoy and all the best dude...

gka

nothing i did recently which could have triggered this. Renewed EAD in June end. Hopefully yours will come soon.

FP1 Complete Waiting for Approval

FP1 Complete Waiting for Approval

EB2 RIR
VSC 485 Aug 27 03
FP Oct 7 04
No LUD changes
AD ????

No email, No LUD change, No status Update

Did Early Fp on Sept 25th (originally scheduled for Nov 4th),

No change at all.

ND Aug 22, 2003 , concurrent
EB2 RIR , Labour substitution
140 approved on Apr 15, 2004
485 AD ?????

LUD Changed

today LUD changed for me and my wife case.

No Change in Message.

???

ND Aug 22, 2003 , concurrent
EB2 RIR , Labour substitution
140 approved on Apr 15, 2004
485 AD ?????

ND 8/1/03 FP1 on 10/19/04 LUD is 10/21/04

How long more before Aug 2003 starts seeing some action ....

Any guesses.....estimates......