Attorneys fees

jt12

Registered Users (C)
Anybody have any idea about an average attorney’s fees for citizenship litigation (federal district court) Texas

I’m still looking for representation on my citizenship denial case also is it good idea to hire a lawyer out of state?

I just need a figure to see if they are charging me correctly

I believe attorney fees will depend on your condition and reasons for denial. Do not try to find an attorney based on the fees but experience because if you do not win this case just because of incompetent attorney then the result of this case will impact your future citizenship application.

My case is very simple (no felonies, no convictions ,no police record) nothing that will result on losing LPR or deportation

In what way do you think that it will affect it if I don’t win the case?

I’m looking for someone with experience but I need a ballpark figure so I’ll be financially prepared because I dont have any idea
2000.00 dll or 20000.00 dll

It's a relatively simple case. Fee should be in 2-4k range.
You need to file admin appeal first though (form N-336) within 30 days.

Yes I filed the n-336 and had the interview and USCIS reaffirmed the decision
And in the letter said that I can file in district court

Go to Ron Gotcher's web site. He is very quick in responding. I've on east coast and he is on west coast and I'm planning to hire myself. Just because of his ethics and quick and knowledagble response. He doies not take case unless he can not win and charge very resaonable.

I'd be more concerned with what your defense will be for not providing travel dates on your N-400 and at interview instead of trying to find a lawyer to defend you. If USCIS denied your application and subsequent appeal, what new evidence do you have that will demonstrate their decision was wrong and should be reversed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hired one for naturalization interview for $2400 but it will end to 3000 with other cost. my case is naturalization with not revealing all the trips and my interview is approaching. he was agree for instalment payment and he will be with me at interview.I am assuming yours should be same or up to $5000. Keep in mind that all depends on complexity of the case.
Good luck

The OP already had interview and case was denied based on not providing travel dates at interview. You in the other case will have ability to provide updated travel dates at interview. Why did you hire a lawyer?

I interview 3 layers and said my answer is not malicious and is not material to obtain citizenship