Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Hi SSL443,

Don't you have your case number ? If not ask either your attorney or employer they might help you.

BTW your labor was filed from which state ?

-smbasha

I think my case was similar. Your attorney should fight this if she/he has a letter from DOL stating that the date of receipt was june 9th 2003 and not 2004 date. My case number also starts with the same sequence as yours. But My case is still in Atlanta DOL. Attorney can call DOL and ask them correct this.

uhha6

Not sure if that will help but you could try.
My state sent the LC to ATL DOL on August 25th'03. But ATL entered the data on Sept 9th'03 so my received date is Sept 9th'03 [what a punishment it became!]

>Originally Posted by uhha6
>State sent a letter to my attorny on 6/9/03, saying that my case was >forwarded to the U.S. Department of Labor's Regional Certifying Officer.

>Is 6/9/03 my received date at DOL? Can I use this letter to correct the >mistake at DOL?

Hi Rim,
I think that is a different scenario, it is not uncommon to have 1-2 weeks difference in State "sent" date and ATL "rcvd" date. But in uhha6's case, there is a difference of 1 year, clearly something has gone wrong.
- Dru

Legal Action against DOL

Hi Guys,

I think we all agree that DOL is unfair in making us wait for atleast another year but getting ready to approve the PERM applications filed after March 28th. Some of us think that legal action is the only way to let DOL know that this is unfair and they would have to process the backlogged applications before they start processing the PERM ones. May be the DOL thought that once PERM is in place lot of us would convert to PERM but my attorney told me that its not a good idea to do it especially if its filed under EB3.

All I am asking is think about this for a moment. We need lot of support to get this going. I am thinking we atleast have 100000 people waiting for their labor and if we each contribute $100, we could raise a million dollars. That should be suffiicient to hire an attorney and start the legal proceedings. If I am totally wrong and I am missing something, please do let me know and I would be the happiest person on the Earth if I am gonna get this thing done without any fuss.

I have started a new thread at http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=160354 for this purpose. I created a poll to gauge the interest of the fellow forum members in this matter. Please take a moment to vote so that we would know how many people are interested.

ga2003

Are you sure your case is in Atlanta DOL. Did your attorney confirmed this. Please update me, my case also similar to you. I waiting on my attorney about my case.

Thanks,
ATL0624

Legal Action against DOL

Hi Guys,

I think we all agree that DOL is unfair in making us wait for atleast another year but getting ready to approve the PERM applications filed after March 28th. Some of us think that legal action is the only way to let DOL know that this is unfair and they would have to process the backlogged applications before they start processing the PERM ones. May be the DOL thought that once PERM is in place lot of us would convert to PERM but my attorney told me that its not a good idea to do it especially if its filed under EB3.

All I am asking is think about this for a moment. We need lot of support to get this going. I am thinking we atleast have 100000 people waiting for their labor and if we each contribute $100, we could raise a million dollars. That should be suffiicient to hire an attorney and start the legal proceedings. If I am totally wrong and I am missing something, please do let me know and I would be the happiest person on the Earth if I am gonna get this thing done without any fuss.

I have started a new thread at http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=160354 for this purpose. I created a poll to gauge the interest of the fellow forum members in this matter. Please take a moment to vote so that we would know how many people are interested.

gc_dude,

Please creat a seperate website for this purpose.
There are lots of free webhosting service on internet. We can all donate in that website.

Hi Rim,
I agree with dru. Mine lasted almost 3 years to get to Atlanta due the the 245i flooding FL SWA.

UrgentV
FL State jan 2002
Atlanta Dec 2004 (Or BEC/BRC who knows)

to uhha6

Where did you lawyer get the information about your case number and the receipt date?

uhha6 said:
GA2003,

My LC was filed to State in Jan 2003 and then it was approved on 6/9/03. Today my attorney told me my case was received in 06/04 and my case number is 04417###...

I don't understand why it take one year for DOL to receive it...confused.

Is the same situation you have expericed?

help needed

guys , my case as per state of florida web site was tranmitted to atlanta dol on aug.2004.
PD 4/2004 RIR
i asked my paralegal to check status , she said case transmitted to philly and i don,t have a case number ( as it is not entered into system),
but i think she has not specifically asked for my info .
how do i make sure to know when it reached atl dol and when if it was sent to philly brc( i have no receipt number)
can i call any number ?do i say i am calling as employer ??? i am really anxious to know
thanks

Lalalala,
I've got the same problem. Mine was transferred from florida to Atlanta in Dec 2004. But I do not seem to have a case # or anything. I called the Atlanta DOL to find out more, but the guy told me "morelikely" you case was transferred to Philly. I asked my lawyer if she investigate whether or not my case is in Philly for sure.....off course, I have not heard from them.
Does anybody know how Lalala, myself, other in our situation can find out "FOR SURE" where our papers are?.
By the way, congrats to those who've been certified already :)
Thanks........UrgentV

Lalalala,
I've got the same problem. Mine was transferred from florida to Atlanta in Dec 2004. But I do not seem to have a case # or anything. I called the Atlanta DOL to find out more, but the guy told me "morelikely" you case was transferred to Philly. I asked my lawyer if she investigate whether or not my case is in Philly for sure.....off course, I have not heard from them.
Does anybody know how Lalala, myself, other in our situation can find out "FOR SURE" where our papers are?.
By the way, congrats to those who've been certified already Thanks........UrgentV

lalalala said:
guys , my case as per state of florida web site was tranmitted to atlanta dol on aug.2004.
PD 4/2004 RIR
i asked my paralegal to check status , she said case transmitted to philly and i don,t have a case number ( as it is not entered into system),
but i think she has not specifically asked for my info .
how do i make sure to know when it reached atl dol and when if it was sent to philly brc( i have no receipt number)
can i call any number ?do i say i am calling as employer ??? i am really anxious to know
thanks

We don't have any letter from DOL about the received date in DOL, but we have a letter from State saying that my case was transferred to DOL on 06/03. How can get a letter from DOL? My attorney told me we didn't receive any letter from DOL.

ga2003 said:
I think my case was similar. Your attorney should fight this if she/he has a letter from DOL stating that the date of receipt was june 9th 2003 and not 2004 date. My case number also starts with the same sequence as yours. But My case is still in Atlanta DOL. Attorney can call DOL and ask them correct this.

guys anyone whose case went to atlanta dol on and after aug2004 and has a case number or knows the status of the case please let us know
please keep in touch

Uhha6,
My case was misplaced I guess. So when I applied for my 7th year extension my attorney asked for the receipt information and thus got a fax from stating that it got received on June 4 th 2004 which happened to be the date in which our inquiry went to them.SO I guess they misplaced the case file and when they found assigned the case number and updated the date of receipt as the date when they found it.
But my attorney got a notification from DOL when it was moved to atlanta DOL ..I am not sure about the details of it. So she contacted them to correct the mistake and they did and now it has a received date of June 23 2003. That is why I said your lawyer has to contact them to correct this. I am sure they have notified them when your case was moved to Atlanta DOL.