Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can call AVM and find out your case number. If you call the DOL office, they will ask you to call AVM and check the status.

Seannc said:
Can we all write a letter to Mr Floyd goodman(certifying officer) and ask him why this is happening? I mean we pay taxes too and have a right to know.....right?

Also......if i know the case number, is it a good idea to call dol to check status or it will just spoil things for me?

Reddy,
How to find from AVM, how many cases they have received for a month???

Reddy20 said:
I checked AVM yesterday and I found that about 150 cases on March 04 received date, any one of you guys know how many cases they will be processing per day on average.

"Sent to regional" and "Received by regional" dates??

Is the date on which the state office forwards the application to regional office, the same date when the regional receives it??? Or is there a few days lag??

Thank you in advance

There will be time lag between state office forward and regional office receival... Mine had 10 days difference.

Atlanta_Apr_04 said:
Is the date on which the state office forwards the application to regional office, the same date when the regional receives it??? Or is there a few days lag??

Thank you in advance

Yeah but AVM I dont think is reliable. It does not update frequently.

Atlanta_Apr_04 said:
You can call AVM and find out your case number. If you call the DOL office, they will ask you to call AVM and check the status.

Atlanta_Apr_04 said:
Reddy,
How to find from AVM, how many cases they have received for a month???

Atlanta_Apr_04, If you know your case number and patience you can find the number of cases received in one month also, I tried to enter 100 numbers before and after my case and I figured out that 150 cases were received on that particular day.

DOT Code and Case#

Hi,

What does DOT code stand for? Are the case# given by regional office in sequence by when the application was received or randomly?

thankyou

question to Swarnapuri

mine and yours labor forwarded to ATLDOL on same date,my question is did u get receipt number, i called many times i didn't find any news updated news.
where can we find employeer phone number (we have so manyoffices in USA) which phone number should we enter..

Another March Approval

I found out from my employer that one of our employee got Labour Certification from ATL DOL. His DOL Received date is March 17th. He got approval Recently.
He did not get any details regarding mine [ DOL RD MAR 26]...

Thought to share this news with the forum.....
scbatl

Seems like AVM got updated very often

At least it has been updated yesterday since it ACKed resceiving response from my company about my case.

atldolwait said:
Swarnapuri ,

Also note that on 364 th day , Atlanta guys take up someone's LC file and reject them for some reason , his/her 7 th year extension will become invalid. This post was recently in murthy website . CSC guys made it clear that 7 th year extension was only for pending labor and not denied labor.

Txs,
ramnath S.

Ramnath, Thanks for letting me know.

That sounds scary :( What do we need to do if this happens? Did this happen to many people?

jcreddy said:
mine and yours labor forwarded to ATLDOL on same date,my question is did u get receipt number, i called many times i didn't find any news updated news.
where can we find employeer phone number (we have so manyoffices in USA) which phone number should we enter..

jcreddy, this is the process that i followed :

1) Went to AVM website and pulled all the records for my employer.
2) As I knew the person from my company who is the contact for my case, I searched the list for the phone # where the contact name matches the contact for my case.
3) Fortunately for me there were not many cases forwarded to the Atlanta DOL during the time period. Based on the approximate date when FL office forwarded my case to Atlanta, I could find my case.

Please look at some of the previous posts seems that there is one more way to figure out your case if you dont know your case #.

Hope this helps.

Remanded to employer!!

After a long wait of 3 yeard I heard that my case is remanded to employer.

I just checked AVM couple of minutes back and I found that all the cases received from my company on Mar 04, 2003 have remanded and the status is posted on Jun 14, 2004.

Can you guys please help me what are the results of Remand..

Guys,
As Reddy20 mentioned earlier, I've called AVM to estimate the case distribution per day. My case # is 04402243. It reached ATL DOL on 5 May 2003. Interestingly (sure also disappointing) #04402244 reached ATL on 12th May 2003 and got approved on 27 May 2003. It took just 15 days. Also these case numbers are not assigned on FCFS basis. This makes it difficult to figure out where you are relative to the applicants adjacent. Cases with numbers after 04402243 seem to have ATL DOL receipt date earlier to 5th May. So in one word its done when it is done. Thats it.

-Bronco

Reddy20.
remands, NOF, RFE's....

most petitions at the ATL DOL have seen them all.

I have heard from reliable sources that there were some officers at the ATL-DOL who would as a matter of routine invoke RFE's on all applications which reach their desks. This would mostly involve then clarifications from the company about recruitment efforts in lieu of economic changes.

keep the faith. its a matter of time. if the application is strong and legal in all respects, grounds for actual rejection are few.

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reddy20-

RFE/NOF/Remand become common practice for ATL DOL now. We never get a chance to see where the case is gets rejected, as I am following this thread more than a year. Don't worry and you will be fine. Also you forgot take your case from pending in status list. Here is the updated list.

Status
Not open for further replies.