Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mhsoor

my lawyers, www.fragomen.com, have stated that you can change jobs as long as your 140/485 has been pending for more than 180 days. the law may be a little gray as i've heard differing responses.

i think we all need to do what our lawyers advise us. if my lawyer tells me i can change jobs within the company then i will....shit man i have been waiting for a promotion for over 2 years now....this green card process has screwed everything in my life.

PASHWIN......Best Wishes...

Good Luck with your marriage bros....

AFTER ALL " HAPPINESS " IS NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE !!!
:)
Chalo

Good Luck

Pashwin,

Wish you all the best for your marriage.

I am sure that new bride will bring lots of good luck in your life & by the time you go for honeymoon, you will be well under way for the next step of your GC process.

In Advance, Welcome to the marriagehood.....

Re: Certified

Originally posted by GA0501
Guys,

GA SESA: May ?? , 2001
ATL DOL Receipt date: Feb 06, 2003
DOL Certified on Feb 24, 2004

EB3 RIR, System Analyst

Guess what!! My labor got approved on 24 FEB. I just came back from vacation and I was going thru my emails at work and there was this email from Attorney. Long wait 34 months.

Good Luck to ALL.

The last LC approval message was on 13th March.
We have not had a single LC certified after that date.
How sad ?

H1-B 1 year Extension

Gurus,

Not sure whether this post needs to go the H1-B forum, but the question is a result of all the wait-time frustration that all of us re experiencing.

Ok here goes:
When applying for the 1 year H1-B extn after completion of 6 years, does one have to reapply for LCA, even if the job title and description has not changed since getting the H1B?

The reason I ask is that if the prevailing wage is more than Salary at the current moment, could the h1B extn be rejected?

Thanks in advance,

ognep

Re: H1-B 1 year Extension

Originally posted by ognep
Gurus,

Not sure whether this post needs to go the H1-B forum, but the question is a result of all the wait-time frustration that all of us re experiencing.

Ok here goes:
When applying for the 1 year H1-B extn after completion of 6 years, does one have to reapply for LCA, even if the job title and description has not changed since getting the H1B?

The reason I ask is that if the prevailing wage is more than Salary at the current moment, could the h1B extn be rejected?

Thanks in advance,

ognep

No. I dont think there should be a problem for extension.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above comment is for information purpose only.Use at your own risk.

Medical Examintaion

A question for guys waiting for their LC.

Is it alright to get the medical examination done even if the LC is pending?

The only reason I am asking is,we can get our papers ready for 140/485 instead of wasting time to think about the slow processing of ATL DOL.

kewlsans,
The validity of medicals is 1 yr. So you should be able to file your I-485 within 1 year of taking your medicals. 7-8 months ago i was thinking my labor should be approved anytime now and i was gonna do my medicals. Luckily I did not do it, else i would have spend about $250 for nothing as i would have had to do the medicals again.

Getting an appt for BCIS medical examination is not that bad, they spend sometime in examination and charge about $200 to $350 depending on what vaccinations you need. I got my vaccinations from my Family doctor and have the records.

Good luck and thanks to all those who wished me for my wedding.

Anyone wanna FOOL(April 1st) by sharing their approvals in the board today?

Congrats to Pashwin and some answer for med exam

Pashwin, congrats on your marriage. Wish you all the best.

I think I can contribute a little regarding the med exam because I am at this stage now.

Don't get your med exam done too early because of the reason Pashwin stated earlier. But if you know you are very close to get have your LC approved, you can at least get your vaccinations done. Because some vaccin(like chickenpox) requires two shots and 30 days apart. Just keep the records and once you have your LC approved, you just need bring it to your immigration doctor(your attoney will give you the list of doctor you can go).

If you 100% sure you had chickenpox, then you can even wait until you have your LC approved and go get the vaccinations and med exam done at the same day.

p.s. get vaccins at your local health department is much cheaper:))))

from garol cont....

If you have medical insurance just get the vaccines from your primary care physician. Just had to co-pay.

Hi.
I had problem with activating my user id in this site.
Here is my information

Received on Feb 19 2003 at Atlanta regional.
I added me into the list attached

Hope DOL works harder!!!

For ppl with RFE responses pending, if your analyst's name is ESJ or something similar, he is out of the office till april 19th.

DESIDON777,

How did you came to know about the analyst ?.

BTW, I called Atlanta and the lady told me that my RFE is handled by the Analyst working from home. I don't know who is she and what is her name. As I mensioned before, my lawyer is not transperant.

Any good news from ---

only1left Jan 06 2003
ognep Jan 13 2003
atl-la-bore Jan 29 2003
PainCard Jan 30 2003

Pashwin

Hope it's not too late to extend my congratulations on your coming wedding. I gather you know about the "three rings" ceremony. First it's the engagement ring, second comes the wedding ring and finally, the SUFFER-RING".

Have a good one, bro!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.