Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRAFT 2 - Rajeevnair32 and Mickey_32 take note

Okay Guys - my two cents worth this time. Rejeevnair32 has agreed to coordinate this and Mickey_32 will review the sentence structure/tenses. I have reviewed Rajeev's first draft and incorporated it within. I hope I have covered all grounds. Please review text attached.

I was thinking that the editorial pages of the local newspapers (Georgia)should get a copy. To make it more credible we could probably have our aliases, and country location to show support for the letter such as NI, Florida. - the more the better. I do not want our real names down as I do not want anybody to be penalized, if that happens.

I heard over the radio last night that DOL is wanting to raise all immigration fees . DOL's reason for this is that they want to improve their services. That's a laugh.

All the best, guys.

should we customeze the letter to audiences ?

NII, rajeevnair32 , Micky_32, msatl and ALL,

Should we not customize this document to suit different audiences ?

The people who read news papers, most of them may not even know what DOL is, so it might need a short explanation about what DOL is and where it stands in terms of residency etc.

Same goes with lawmakers, what part of immigration application processing do they know already, who will explain them the context ?

How can we present it to different people so they clearly understand the personal/psychological, career/professional
dilemmas we face ? How the application for this piece of paper "GC", controls/restricts what we do as a person in this
society.

Who else are our audiences, are they arleady familiar with this stuff ?

regards,

Re: should we customeze the letter to audiences ?

Originally posted by vinodatldol
NII, rajeevnair32 , Micky_32, msatl and ALL,

Should we not customize this document to suit different audiences ?

The people who read news papers, most of them may not even know what DOL is, so it might need a short explanation about what DOL is and where it stands in terms of residency etc.

regards,

The earlier part of the letter, refers to ATL DOL as Atlanta Department of Labor. From thereon, the abbreviation is utilized. The whole immigration process, though not explained in it's entirety, is referred to in the bullets. I agree with Mickey_32, that we should not have too long a letter, keep it short and concise and structure it to an extent where the highlights can be singled out. For busy politicians, we will be really lucky if we can even get five minutes of their time. I also agree to keep emotions out of it and try to uphold professionalism at all cost. In order for the contents to be taken seriously, the letter must be written in good English, mind the p's and the q's as well as the tenses.

As for customizing, I leave it in the good hands of the coordinators.
:D

Check this out!

Check the web-site: http://uscis.gov/graphics/

USCIS Proposes Fee Adjustment to Enhance Service

USCIS Prioritizes Backlog Reduction in FY2005 Budget

Since this is USCIS, would this affect DOL? Just a thought. Anyway, those who are pending labor now would probably be affected later.

Dear Brothers and Sis,

You are the first whom I am informing this news, even I didn't call my wife yet at home.

So now you might have guessed what happened yessss:D yea

CERTIFIED !!! CERTIFIED !!! CERTIFIED !!! CERTIFIED !!!

on 01/28/2004 an dtoday my employer got letter from ATL DOL, but I am wondering why did they sent to my employer. I didn't hear anything from my attorney, I will email him today.

:D :D Best part of the whole story is AVM still says "Your cas has been recieved on blah blah blah...." sucks

I can say if my they certified my case, then all of you would get certified for sure. Coz I place one Ad for only one day and waited only for 15 days to file. Thats why I was worried about readvertisements.

Good luck and best wishes and don't rely on AVM. this is my 2 cents advice.

Hooray

Originally posted by prosix
Dear Brothers and Sis,

You are the first whom I am informing this news, even I didn't call my wife yet at home.

So now you might have guessed what happened yessss:D yea

CERTIFIED !!! CERTIFIED !!! CERTIFIED !!! CERTIFIED !!!

Hooray, prosix is off the list!!!! Good luck to you.

I am sure you all are happy for me going off from the list got some satisfaction. I can not tell you in words how much happy I am, but you would realize that joy once your day would come soon.

Prosix

Bud...
Just think back about the time you gave me a " hard time " coz of my attempts at laughing at the whole process.

Journey can be good, bad or ugly but optimist have more fun along the way...

Congartulation....

What are your plans now? Do you wanna go for concurrent filing?

Chalo...

Hi prosix,

I am feeling sooooooooooo happy as like I got my LC certified. Great news dude! Wish you all good luck with further long waiting stages. Don't forget to call your wife.

:D

Congrats Prosix

Prosix,

It is really good to hear of your approval. My date is the 6th of Jan 2003 and I am hoping to hear something by the end of this month. It has been almost 3 years since my application was filed and I am hoping that this misery will end soon.

Good luck on the I-485 stage. Hope to see you on that forum in the coming months.

regards,

saras76

I take pride in updating the status. AVM sucks.... DOL has been advising employers & attorneys too to check the status on AVM.

Prosix - did you mean it was approved on 01-28 or your employer recd it on 01-28 . hearty congrataulations btw.

DesiDon --- hope you can kick like adam vinaiteri.

prosix December 17,2002 - Approved - 01/28/04
DESIDON777 December 23,2002
pashwin December 27,2002
saras76 January 06, 2003
hudakchullu January 07, 2003
ognep, January 13, 2003
NII, January 23, 2003
pinoy69, January 23, 2003
atl-la-bore Jan 29, 2003
PainCard January 30, 2003
GC2ME Feb06,2003
GA0501 Feb 06, 2003
ADOL, Feb06, 2003
ATL01, Feb06, 2003
vangaru Feb 6 2003
waters, Feb10, 2003
sthirumal Feb 24, 2003
mhsoor, March 10, 2003
adibazz March 23, 2003
singh244 march 11 , 2003
ATL03 March 24, 2003
aksmks march26, 2003
sunny_sm April 14, 2003
gcsucks 23rd April 2003
rxr May 2003
H1Buser2002 May 6th 2003
satishshetty5 May12 , 2003
smbasha July 1, 2003
Some_GreenCard July 11, 2003
powerman August 28,2003
rim September 8, 2003
TAMIL_GC September 29, 2003
kandy_iyer OCT 27, 2003

It was certified on 28-JAN-04 and at present my mind is setup for CP coz I don't want to wait forever for texas-485 process and facing problems EAD, AP renewals. I don't know whether I can save my job upto CP interview time, but I am going to gamble for better life and pick the CP.

Re: Check this out!

Congralations Prosix !!!

It was silent before the storm kinds of. You have not posted anything since few days and suddenly this news of approval. WOW!!!. For few second I though I got certified.

ALL THE BEST. Hope rest of the process will be smooth for you.

Hudakchullu.

concurrent vs. regular filing

Could someone give a quick recap of concurrent filing vs. regular?
Or can you direct me to some sort of source summarizing advantages, disadvantages and risks of each option?

Thank you in advance.

Hi prosix,

Very happy to hear that you are off the list. :D I have been hearing similar messages from other forums.

May be this month they started working. Last month, I didnot hear even a single case certified on this forum or any other forum.

Let us see how far they go with certification before they get paralyzed again.

Congrats to you again!

I dont know whether it is a good idea to go for CP, because for CP you have to wait till your i-140 gets certified, which is approx 14 months or more, then only you can file for CP. In case of i-485 you can file them concurrently.

Also, on the top of that, CP will take additional 4-6 months, so atleast 18 months in best case.

If any of us has some luck, meet you after some months.

Status
Not open for further replies.