Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi powerman & kandy_iyer,

I haven't got my case number yet. My lawyer has requested the USDOL by fax. He did not receive it back from them. One of my collegue's case was also forwarded on mid of July 2003. Still he hasn't get the case number. And he has no idea that whether they updated with the system or not. Don't worry about your case number issue and automated system. You will be fine, as long you got confirmation that your cases were forwarded to USDOL and they have it.

Why this site is not being updated with latest DOL processing time. Admin, please update as of DOL website.

labor approved...

recvd in DOL : Oct 8th (actually it was transmitted end of July but AVM says oct 8th)

Certified : Oct 9th

DOT Code : 030-162-014

Case : 04408XXX

Congrats AtlGC_Guy.

I just called Atlanta DOL and find out how processing works. Currently they are updating the AVM only when case officer take the particular case to work. So what ever AVM's new case's receive date is not exactly correct.

more approvals

Here is the list of few more software approval cases which says received around Oct'7th to Oct'10th. Seems like they also work on new cases which is applied on June-July 2003.

Case no DOT code
04408603 030-162-010

04408605 030-162-010

04408649 030-162-014

04408651 030-162-014

04408653 030-062-010

Seems like all these cases which got approved so early belongs to LRP (limited review processing). When SESA sends case to ATL DOL, it puts the comment for LRP ot NON-LRP. If the case is LRP, it would not go through the long queue and the case will be handeled in a different queue.

Please let me know if any of you has more better idea on this?

Hi prosix,

Seems to be valid reason. Do you have any idea, on what basis they will decide whether it is LRP or non-LRP?

Limited Review Processing allows for a speedier processing of a labor certification. A case can be filed as a limited review processing case if the Alien Labor Certification Application meets the following requirements: (1) it does not have special requirements, (2) it does not exceed the Specific Vocational Preparation level assigned to the job, (3) it does not have unusual job duties, (4) it offers the prevailing wage, and (5) there was no applicant availability or a few applicants who clearly do not meet the job's requirements.

An employer must complete recruitment before the case can be designated for Limited Review Processing. The SESA then designates whether or not a case can be filed as a Limited Review case. Although Limited Review Processing allows for a speedier date for the review of the application, it is uncertain exactly how much quicker the case will be reviewed.

Nice document

Please see attched document. Its gives you detail about increasing efficiency in the LC process with detailed explanation of LRP.

Called up DOL today to find out my case number. She said, they have entered cases received until Sep'19th in the AVM. The last case number they entered is 04408882.

Tamil_GC

Thanks for your info. I would like to know whether they will give the case number to us or attorney need to call them and find out.

Here is latest update about Perm from Murthy Bulletin.

PERM Now Expected by End of 2003

For quite some time, one of the most frequent questions asked by clients and immigration practitioners alike has been, "When is PERM going to start?" As regular MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers know, PERM is a complete revision of the labor certification process. More information about PERM is available in our articles, PERM Projected for July 2003 (Dec 27, 2002) and PERM: Panacea or Problem? (Feb 21, 2003).

In a teleconference between the Department of Labor-Employment and Training Administration (DOL) and the DOL liaison of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the minutes of which were released in August 2003, the DOL confirmed that PERM regulations, as well as labor certification backlog reduction, are top items on their agenda. They projected that the final PERM regulations would be published in late fall 2003. The implementation of the regulation and the PERM program would then occur at the end of calendar year 2003.

It is difficult to be sure of the timing since, originally, PERM was to have started fall 2002, then in April 2003, and then was postponed to an expected date in August or October 2003, and now by December 2003. This December 2003 timeframe is just a prediction. DOL has indicated that the implementation of PERM will depend upon the funding for labor certification backlog reduction. Additionally, the budget process and timing with respect to funding issues is difficult to predict.

DOL stated that PERM will continue to progress even if the backlog reduction process is stalled. They have a timeline for perfecting the PERM technology and will be beta testing. Details of the timeline were not released. We may be able to obtain some additional insight into this aspect of the process, as they will be requesting assistance in the beta testing. Therefore, there should be some information available once beta testing is imminent.

Although the start date for PERM remains unclear, it does appear that the PERM program is still a priority for DOL. Given that the predictions involve timeframes that are only a few months away, the answer to the question of "when" is hopefully closer. We will continue to inform MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers of PERM developments as more information becomes available.

kandy_iyer,

Its depends on the person who attends your call. Some of them, they don't talk to beneficiary. They will ask you to contact through your employer or attorney.

TAMIL_GC

I am thinking to make a written (fax) inquiry with US DOL for my case number thru my employer, what do you say? is it worth? will it work?

As you know my case forwarded on 8/28/03 and didn't updated yet!

Hi powerman,

Our company attorney filed a fax request for one of my colleague a month ago. He did not receive the case number for that. His case was forwarded to USDOL on mid of July. That's the typical way of govt. agency working. But nothing wrong in trying that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.