Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi glrao,

Normally it will reach with in 2 weeks. But there was one case in this forum took just more than a month.

Mine Labor from NC was transmitted to Atlanta on May 6th and Atlanta Updated thiers and said its May 8th. I was able to hear the notification on May 9th. It alldepends on when u State LC transfers and how soon those people update it.

I am not sure I understand what H1BUser said. BY the way someone mentioned to me, that because TXS service center was delaying everything so to get all centers on similar processing dates they are pushing it to process faster.
Can anybody confirm this????

Labor Certified

My labor got forwarded to federal in July. According to the AVM it was received by the federal labor department on September 25th and I got certified on September 27.

DOT code: 003.061-010
Case Number: 04408XXX

Best of luck to you all.

GC_4_life,
Can you please tell me where is your office location ?
My case no. and dot code is almost same as yours.
case # 04408573 and DOT 003.061.010
ATL DOL received on 9th Sept, 2003.
I wonder how long it will take for me.

Congrats.
rim

Believe it!

I checked with some random case number which is forwarded on Oct'2003. Most of the case has been certified within 2 days. I found one software title too. Chech this out!

Case number :04408649
DOT : 030-162-014
Received On : Oct'8th
Certified on : Oct'9th.

Out of all random case certifications in atlanta dol--- this one is the most UNBELIAVABLE!!!!

programmer analyst...1 day at atlanta dol

Earlier I was thinking there are dumb, mad and lazy people only work for Indian government's job. But seems like US is not different from that. I think these are 5th graders, who are working on cases which belong to highly qualified and skilled workers like us. I know it doesn't make any sense to spit these comments on this forum, but could not stop myself.

Remanded to Employer

Hi Everybody,

My case was received by the DOL on 12/23/2002 & was remanded to employer on 10/08/03 .The basis for remand is insufficient advertisement. (The employer's single advertisment does not show that the employer has conducted a pattern of recruitment) It is a RIR case. My company had 1 months of print ad in a national professional magazine.
Now DOL ask my employer to show that they have conducted some form of additional recruitment efforts (Internet, Americas's job bank, College and University listings).

I would like to know what is the exact requirement for the advertisement ,has anybody had similar requirements from DOL.

Does somebody know how I can respond to DOL's request.

I would truly appreciate everybody's input and help in this matter.

Thanks

Rim

My office is located in Alpharetta, GA. According to the postings it seems like that a lot of cases received in Aug - Oct time frame are getting certified in very short time. I would say keep checking on the AVM and hope for the best.

Good Luck

joemama,

I know some one who is in similar situation. His caase was remanded to employer for insufficient advertisement. His job code is related with Management. Now they have give another Ad for 1 month. Once the Ad period is over they will submit the results to Atlanta DOL.

Actually in March 2003 DOL has changed their criteria for RIR cases. Now they want 2 Ad's one as primary and other as secondary. I think your Attorney should be able to take care of this.

Please tell whats your job code???

I will update the forum with further developements.

aksmks

Mine forwarded to US DOL on 8/28/03, still not yet updated on their system (AVM), anybody have any clue how long does it take?
almost 6 week over!

powerman,

Are you checking your case status by employer phone number? Most of the time, the system may not recognize your employer phone. But they should have assigned the case number and updated their AVM. I could see the cases on AVM which is forwarded until Oct'12 2003. Ask your lawyer or employer to get your case number.

Remanded to employer

aksmks

Thank you for your reply.

My DOT Code is 019.167-014 (Project Engineer Construction)

Could you please give me some more details on your friends case and if his lawyer thinks the additional advertisment will satisfy the DOLs request.

Is his case now treated as a NON-RIR case?

Please give me an update on your friends case.

Did anybody had similar problems with the DOL advertising requirements.

Thank you.

Thanks TAMIL_GC,

I have made inquiry thru my Lawyer, DOL Lady told that it has not yet been put into the database. She said it typically takes 6-8 weeks to show up on the system, so she recommended calling back in 2 weeks if it still has not shown up on the automated case line.

It is so frustrating, we seen some of quick approval on July/Aug/Sept cases, and mine is not even updated to the system, it seems like not even touched yet. I got fear..do they lost my file?

Did anybody had similar problems? Please share experience.

joemama,

In my friends case they have given an additional Ad for a month and have submitted the results. I DOL is still treating it as RIR case.

I will update forum once we hear more from atlanta DOL.

aksmks

Status
Not open for further replies.