Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
atlgc_guy, mysterious_gc
no probs guys, i know the frustation, i was in the same boat till 1 month ago completed six yrs, on 7th year, had approved labor and 1-140 but company field for bakruptcy, had to start over all again,filed from friend company in june2001 from altanta still waiting, applied for labor from current employer and got cleared this month but meanwhile i bought a approved labor and applied 1-140 and 1-485 from a friends company in south dakota
then i get a approval of my own labor in 2 weeks from atlanta
i am in dilemma whether to apply 1-140 from current employer and wait till it clears and apply for 1-485 but i am sure my employer wont agree since i am already on 7th year, i talked to jim mills yesterday he said to withdraw the 1-485 from my friends company, guys believe i am in very frustated state
i am not sure what to do
i may apply CP from my current employer
if you can give your opinion i will appreciate
my current employer is very very big company
thanks a lot

Atlanta Lost my Case

Guys.. After a lot of waiting and frustration and unable to find my case number in the AVM my employer called the Atlanta DOL. The person who spoke said they cannot locate my file. I have a letter from Fl mentioning my petition was transmitted on Dec 19th but atlanta denies receiving it.

Any suggestions? Such a thing ever happened to anyone here?

Thanks

I had similiar problem. My state is Florida. The officer said my file was lost in an air plane crash to Atlanta. I had to fax and have lawyer and HR called Florida SESA to find out what happened.

Finally Florida SESA resent my file to Atlanta DOL.

So maybe you can ask your SESA to resend the file again.

Lost file

Hello Akira,
Thanks for the email. Does that mean its our problem and the waiting time starts from now ? or will it be expedited to reflect the original transmission way back in december? What has been your progress?

Thanks,
Ash

No, Atlanta DOL didn't expedite my case. My prority date is the date they received the my file, which is Jan 2003.

Although I didn't call Atlando DOL to complaint, maybe they would readjust the priority date if I did.

atlgc_guy and mysteriousgc guy
guys all i have on my final determination is
p2003-nc-04401884

atlgc_guy
i didnt get the copy of the labor application
my attorney only sent me the cover letter of approval
but dot code is 030.162 , project lead
date of acceptance in atlanta july 07 2003
date of approval july 20 2003

Thanks Yada007,
I called Automated number and looks like your app reached regional office on may 11th or something...but its still a great turnaround time.
does your lawyer explain whats special with this approval?

atlgc_guy
nope man, he has no idea and since we go through coroporate attorney we dont talk to them, we get mail if anything gets approved, he didnt even send my state labor clearance
due to which i went with my friends company to substitute me for 1-140 and 1-485
only mine and other application was cleared , they are other who are waiting from oct, sep 2002
hope you will get yours soon

DOT Code

Hello Experts!!!!

I was looking at my LCA when applied for the Approval.. it says the Occupation code as 030.300 Is this a valid Code??? iam not sure...

Also when I call up the Atlanta VM when I give my Employers Ph no.... It says no Application found in the last 30 days... netiehr by Employers Tax ID number... Is there somthing wrong????

My Job Title says Senior Programmer Analyst.... Does anyone know what the DOT code will be ???

Please help me understand

Something superlogical

Atlanta DOL has always been saying that they work on first-come-first-serve basis but the recent approvals show that is not the case.

There is no surprise that yada007 got certified as most of the applicants got certified whose receipt date was 12th May'03.

AVM told that several others got certified with the same receipt date and I only checked random numbers with IT Dot codes of programmer or software engineer.

Here are some who all got certified with DOT Description :
030.162-014 Programmer Analyst
030.062-010 Software Engineer
-------------------------------------------------------
04401884 (yada007)
--------------------------------------------------------
and there could be several others to check who also got certified but I couldn't hold the line for long.

There's something that DOL has to explain why they processed these 100+ applications that are in a row, far before thousands of pending.

I'm definitely happy for these people who got their approvals quick but Atlanta DOL is not acting fair and equal !

I got my Atlanta DOL approval certificate

My lawer told me that My Atlanta DOL has been approved and moved to Regional DOL,I filed on may 15 and got approval on Aug 04.

The good news is even i have a friend who filed in the month of may, even he got approval.

Can you guys tell me normally how many days it will take to clear regional DOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Kasid,

Congrats Man!! I would suggest you to check DOL processing time on this website. it is open to everyone. By the way ATL is process Sep02 end cases right now on paper (Don't know reality)

Welcome on board

Dear kasid,

If you are one of the fortunate ones, you might get approval in couple of weeks. But if you are one of the unfortunate ones (like most of us here in this forum), then it might take over a year for you to get your case approved by ATL regional.

Best of luck man.

Atlando DOL website says they are now processing September, 2002 cases. So you might have to wait 1 year or so before they get to your case, unless you are one of the lucky ones. They skip cases sometimes.

Hey thanks a lot guys

Yes guys it depends on our neseeb and luck,

my friends have applied and waiting for long time, really i feel so bad about this system.

any how wish you best of luck guys,

let me know if any one of you in this list has been approved in the regional dol if you have applied after may, or if you know someone who has applied and got approved

Thanks a lot guys
kasidib
Originally posted by mhsoor
Dear kasid,

If you are one of the fortunate ones, you might get approval in couple of weeks. But if you are one of the unfortunate ones (like most of us here in this forum), then it might take over a year for you to get your case approved by ATL regional.

Best of luck man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regional Labor Approved

Its really a surprise!!!! Mine was transferred from NC to Atlanta on May 6th 2003, I was not getting any info on the AVM system at all even now.... Iam a senior programmer analyst... my lawyer called me today in the morning saying that the Regional labor was approved!!!! I cannot beleive this and I don't have the paperowrk for me... don't know how this all happened... Now I140 is in TEXAS.... this is another BIG BIG hurdle!!!!

Good Luck Guys

Re: Regional Labor Approved

can you tell me when did your file go to regional and when did it get approved.

Originally posted by H1Buser2002
Its really a surprise!!!! Mine was transferred from NC to Atlanta on May 6th 2003, I was not getting any info on the AVM system at all even now.... Iam a senior programmer analyst... my lawyer called me today in the morning saying that the Regional labor was approved!!!! I cannot beleive this and I don't have the paperowrk for me... don't know how this all happened... Now I140 is in TEXAS.... this is another BIG BIG hurdle!!!!

Good Luck Guys

can you tell me when did your atlanta dol got approved, you mean to say your federal got approved or state

because my atlanta dol got approved on aug 4, and sent to regional on 4th aug.i filed on may 15th.

Originally posted by H1Buser2002
Went to Atlanta on May 6th... thats all I know approved yesterday Aug 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.