Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well mine is an expensive one than

B1 extension was $1000 (me and my wife each $500)
H1B was about $3000
approximately $2000 for one trip to Juarez (Mexico) where I almost got stuck and got no visa but quite a few questions instead…
$1000 for change status form B to H instead of trying to get a visa at another consulate
ETA750 was another $3500

None of the above includes INS charges. I have always told my Boss (small company) that we should get another lawyer. But since the company has picked up the costs I wasn't pushing it. Now they can't pick it up anymore. But the thing is that I am kind of afraid to transfer all the files to another (cheaper) office because although the current one is expensive I am right before the I140 to finish the LC and I would like to have the same lawyer at least finishing the LC, but than if I want to file simultaneously the I485 than I would have 2 lawyers at the same time which certainly would lead to confusions and miscommunications etc…

I am kind of stuck with this guy now, although other than the trip ot Mexico I washappy with him... I wonder about his numbers which I will find out in 2 hours…

7th year H1B extension Help!!!

Norman, why do you have to travel to Mexico, may I ask?

Does anyone know if one has to file I-140 in order to file the 7th year H1B extension without being able to clear out LC? My H1B maximum 6-yr will end this Dec. 2002. LC filed with GA SESA since May, 2001. There is no way for me to clear up with LC by the end of this year. It has been pending for more than 1.4 year now.

Do I have to leave the country when I run out of 6-yr H status? Please help.

Labor Card Certified!!!!!!!!!1

Hi Guys,

Finally my LC has been certified. Today I heard the AVM and the message says my case has been certified and status posted on Aug 16th. Sometimes I guess it takes long time to update AVM because couple of days before ,I heard AVM and still it was not updated.

Well I am happy ! I need to call my attorney whether he received my certified labor or not.

PD - July 17, 2001
Labor Certified - Aug 16th (I think because thats what AVM says)

ATL101--

I was in exactly same situation as you do , my H1-B is expiring in Dec 2002 . I filed for missed time ( Total time spend outside US during H-1B period, because I spent significant amount of time- 6 months -during my H1-B) .Talk to your attorney and may be you can file extension on the basis for missed time on H-1B.

Re: 7th year H1B extension Help!!!

Originally posted by atl01
Norman, why do you have to travel to Mexico, may I ask?

I had to travel to Mexico because when we came here we came with a B2 visa. When I got my H1 approved, the quickest way seemed to be to leave the country, go to a consulate and get the visa rather than adjusting status... so I went to Mexico and I was glad at the end that I made it back. I got no visa there, they werent' happy that I came with a B2 and I want to stay now... at the end I decided to adjust status rather give another try at a different consulate. So as it is right now we don't have a phisical H visa in our passport. Right now I am thinking weather it will be safe to travel on the AP once I will get it... probably not... so I glue my butt to USA for now... I have lost straight 5 months on the dumb Mexico thingy...

Trend - 9/3/02

Trend:
RD AD
__ ___

boynton 1/30/02 6/28/02
gcseeker101 2/19/02 8/16/02
suflalae 2/26/02 8/15/02
VRFLORIDA 2/25/02 8/15/02
mdhariwal 2/27/02 8/16/02
Norman 3/7/02 8/22/02

eAJay 3/22/02 Waiting.
jonelee 3/28/02 Waiting.
GC412 4/10/02 Waiting
loka 5/13/02 Waiting.
rdb 7/3/02 Waiting.

Now they are processing "Late March"!!!

Hello friends

My file was sended to ATL DOL on 4/9/02 from FL SESA.
received at ATL DOL on 4/11/02.

This morning my employer called up ATL and he told me that they are now processing "Late March" !!! Applications, and we can expect mine in a month or so....

So, I am still waiting.... I dont know how long!!!.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they r moving ....

Hi guys,

Do u know any dates ....? i see March 7th is latest approval on this forum ?

Please add my information to the tracker
EB2/RIR
PD 04/30/2001
Forwarded to Atlanta Federal DOL- 06/06/2002

Re: my case is Approved

Srini,
I have received NOF from ATL Regional office. I'm yet to find out the reason. My question is, Did you have to put an AD again in the news paper ?

Thanks

Originally posted by schoudary
Hi guys finally my case is Approved

The Analyst Approved it same day

my case reached Atlanta on Nove 24

Atlanta issued Intent to dent on March 17

we sent responce on April 17

Case Approved on April 18th

p.s: I was talking to the analyst during this period and she was extremlt nice and helpfull she told me what all I should submit and do I just did as she said and she approved it

by the way I don ahve a Lawyer (waste of money)

thanks for all u guys help and I am glad the thread I opened helped me and all this ppl

sri

I am gonna apply for Expedited proceedings for 140 il see u ppl in

thanks
and God bless you all

Sri

Srinu Choudary

news of Atl DOL

Heard from my lawyer that atl DOL has a plan to speed up processing starting Oct. 1st.

hello,
How to check the current status in ATL DOL. If I try by AVM I can reach only my status, If I want to know which month they are processing how should I go about it?

Thanks in advance.

By calling AVM

By calling AVM

You can call AVM system 1-404-562-2131 press 1 for permenent application and press 1 for 'if you know the case number'
Then suppose you case number is 043873xx or any imagenary number, start reduceing 100/200 number and enter 043872XX and listen to the status if that one is approved then add 50 number and listen to status, pick some number randomly and do trial and error method until you reach to appoval date as recent one.

It's not scientific method, but you can be more methodogical and start writing down number with detail and then you can do educated guess for next apporval date or/ and number.

I hope this will help.

Thanks for the reply GC412.

The reason I ‘m curious b’cose, looking at the discussions in the board it looks like they are still processing cases received as of March 2002, but my case was forwarded to ATL DOL on 08/12/02 and they issued NOF on 09/04/02. Has to reply before 10/09/02.

Looks to me like

1. Either they have speed up the process
OR
2. They glance at recently received applications to decide to issue an NOF or RFE and then take their normal time to process?

Any updates/comments on this is appreciated

RE:savitha_76

see my previous post, my lawyer did tell me that ATL DOL is officially speeding up. Is it a prelude for PERM? Does anyone know when PERM will come into effect?

When DOL issued a RFE / NOF, do they ask you to run another ad. or you only need to respond to their specific questions?

Are there any cases forwarded from GA SESA? I am stuck there for one year and three months already. No progress. Thanks.

PERM may not get implement sooner than first quater of 2003

Hi,

As for my understanding, PERM may not get implemented sooner than first quarter of 2003.

Atlanta received lot of applications in NOV, JAN. Those two months pushed processing time substantially. Now they r processing March cases. i did not have any idea how many applications they received in March ? as for Savitha case, may be she is lucky enough to get her application randomly.

I found out that my salary is less than the prevailing wage in the LC application. They have recently increased the prevailing wages (I came to know about this through my lawyer). They have sent the application back to the employer to see if they can increase my salary.
At this time, its not required to place another AD.

boynton 1/30/02 6/28/02
gcseeker101 2/19/02 8/16/02
suflalae 2/26/02 8/15/02
VRFLORIDA 2/25/02 8/15/02
mdhariwal 2/27/02 8/16/02
Norman 3/7/02 8/22/02

eAJay 3/22/02 Waiting.
jonelee 3/28/02 Waiting.
GC412 4/10/02 Waiting
loka 5/13/02 Waiting.
KSar 06/15/02 --- RFE -- Ad (Tier Sheet) missing.....
rdb 7/3/02 Waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.