Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: processing through different state

i. c.

apparently, they have offices in new jersey and chicago as well.

can you please advice me if its worth considering chicago option?

if yes, can you also address my client's concerns posted earlier..

thanks

Re: Re: processing through different state

I really think you should consult a laywer for those questions. My labor is filled in Atlanta so I know Atlanta is slow. :)

Originally posted by tryin4gc
i. c.

apparently, they have offices in new jersey and chicago as well.

can you please advice me if its worth considering chicago option?

if yes, can you also address my client's concerns posted earlier..

thanks

Need help/advise on Labor substitution

Guys,

One of my friend has joined a company who promised him to file GC based on labor substitution. Now company and its Lawyer are saying that labor substitution will take 2-3 months at least
before they file 140/485. They are saying that they will send the application for labor substitution to Labor department and it takes around 3 months to get a response from Labor departemnt and only after this response 140/485 would be filed.

Is it true that it needs to send some application to Labor department? I was under impression
that I-140/485 could be filed using the certified labor without any wait or Labor department's
intervention. My friend's profile is exactly matching to the labor approval this company holds.
what is the process for Labor substitution.

Please help. Any help or adivse is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Need help/advise on Labor substitution

I called Atlanta labor today, She told me they are now processing cases of October !!!.

Labor in 1 one month from Atlanta

I heard from many people from TN labors got apporved in one month.What could be the reason and still there are working so fast for all the cases or just limited cases?

I am also trying, seems like every1 there is dead or may be they made this also a long weekend :D

They probably need some programmers like us to maintain the AVM and email info systems and oh yeah .... mark the petitions 'Certified' ASAP. Sorry ... some humor in this serious forum does not hurt ;-)

Recieved the labor approval notice today

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you guys that my attorney has received the labor cert. approval notice today.

Good Day.

Can you give little more info when did you file and how many days it took for you to get certified

hit on search button on TNSEA's message, you will get all of his posts. He already posted his details on this board as below

Thank God ! My Labor has been certified.
Alas, my case has been certified too on August 30th. I called AVM and I was shocked and excited to listen that my case has been certified.

Filed at TN SESA : May 7th, 2001
PD : October 4th, 2002
Certified : August 30th, 2003
Case Type : EB2 RIR

Some folks sure are very lucky to get certified in 1 to 4 months while people like me have to wait for 2.5 years. I know that sucks but what can we do other than keep our fingers crossed. Anyway, hope to see you all soon under I140/485 forums.

Goodluck y'all.

does promotion effect labor cert

Hello All,

My application reached Atlanta DOL on Feb'2003. (Programmar/Analyst)
Still waiting.... :-(

If I get a promotion before the labor gets certified does
this pose any problem for labor or the rest of the GC process?
I will have the same job responsibilities but will have
a increase in salary and title will change from Developer to Senior Developer.

FYI: I tried the AVM several times but it is still not working.

Thanks

I don't think you can change your job title. If you do, you may need go through some steps with your labor Cetification. That's why I have kept my old title for last two years while waiting for my LC.

Imp Question

Hello guys,
I have a question, can you guys help me,
I am working for A company and i got my state approval in Aug.
Now My project is going to take over by B company.
If Company B sponsor my H1 visa and can i transfer my Labor processing from Company A to B.
Or do i need to file it once gain.

Can any one help me.

Thank you, all

Kasid,

I do not think you can transfer Labor from company A to company B. However, you can move from one company to another if the job is similar 180 days after 485 is filed.

The story would be different if company B buys out company A. In that case, it is a merger and I believe that the labor would still be valid with company B. I am not too sure though.

Good Luck.

Labor Case Receipts

Hi folks,

Does Atlanta DOL send out case receipts for all the labor cert petitions that it receives? Someone told me that sometimes they do not send out these receipts.

Also, the AVM is not always accurate. A lot of times some of the case numbers are never listed. Is that true?

Final question, what about state labor? Does Florida state labor send out receipts when they receive files. Are they irregular about this ?

Some of my collegues and I filed for labor at FL about 8 months ago but lawyer says that he did not get any notifications from FL or Atlanta.

If anyone can shed some light on this, it will be helpful.

Thank you.

Atlanta always provides a case number . If you cant find your case number in the atlanta AVM your petition is most probably lost. I am not surprised by your post. A lot of petitions from florida to atlanta have been lost. to be specific 3 from my company itself including myself.

Its a mystery if its a problem at florida or atlanta.

Hi,

I heard that RIR requires the company has to put effort on search for an employee for atleast six months. My attroney filed my labor in Georgia SESA, RIR, EB3. But he asked my company to put an advertisement on magazine and place job advt at my company notice board. He asked us to wait for 2 weeks. He applied my labor immediately after that. My labor is still at georgia. Do you guys see any problem with this case?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.