Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it is official that Atlanta Regional is processing July cases, any body got July case approved.

Thanks!
:confused:

Please post your case status if your cases were filed in July.

We all appreciate your information.

Encouraging news!

Hello All,

My friend has got his approval for a non Computer application RD 6/24/02 on 3/19/03. He had a RFE for display of notice inside the premises and sent his reply around 3/12. All the best of luck.

I don't think ATL is currently working on July case and has already finished the June case filed for Software/Computer positions. I haven't seen a single case apporval in July, which was related to computer profession. They are just putting the fake dates to show that they are working on the cases, but the reality is that most of the time they spend in talking about what happened at War front.:mad:

That is what I am worried about. Most people in this forum are IT related.

People having cases in July please post updates.

I don't think e-mail is working. The phone system has not been working for long time.

If no immigrants' hard working, I couldn't imagine what kind of country it would be.

Thanks in advance.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

most recent cases tracker

Every time I called the AVM, it works just fine. But the last case I was able to find was filed on 10/8/02.

Why do you believe they are processing it between IT and non-IT jobs? I don't think so. I would guess it is based on first in first out with some exceptions of course.

043-90-500 7/12/2002
043-91-000 8/12/02 certified
043-92-100 9/9/02 certified
043-92-800 9/18/02
043-92-850 9/23/02
043-92-870 9/23/02
043-92-900 10/7/02
043-92-908 10/8/02
043-92-910 10/8/02

only update that I could find

There are tons of cases that were received on 06/27/2002 but only one non-IT related job had approved status with following info.

Employer : XXXXXX CARPETS & TILE , INC.
Address : xxx SOUTH XXXXXXX TRAIL XXXXXX
BEACH, FL 33442
Case # : 0438XXXX
DOT Code : XXX.381-054
DOT Description : Tile Setter
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $X6000.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 06/27/2002
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 02/06/2003.

This means that system was updated on Feb 06, 2003. After that no updates (most likely).

And also I see approx. 300 cases were received by ATL DOL on 07/01/2002 alone.

I wonder if we can really rely on these systems to know our case status.

Automated E-mail System

Automated E-mail system seems to have case logged even beyond the following no. received on 12/23/2002

043-96-000. My gut feeling says that Automated email system was getting updated till mid of Feb after that no updates.

Vasu:

You can NOT rely on the phone system, nor the email system. I know they are not updating them.

Since your case is in July, you may want to call them to find out your case status.

Although they would say they are not supposed to give you such information, but they will still check it for you.

atlgc,

I tried calling them as per your suggestion. The first question I was asked if I was from Attorney's office or employer. When I said that I was beneficiary, they did not let me talk. They told me that they'll give out information only to my Attorney and I need to have them call ATL office rather than myself.

Anyway thanks for your suggestion.

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Go to this site and see. It shows that Atlanta Regional Labour (Federal DOL) is processing cases received on or before JANUARY 2002. I don't know if it is correct or not b'coz just about couple of days ago they were showing JULY 2002.

I guess it should be JANURAY 2003. But can anyonce confirm if he/she, whose case was forwarded between Jun 02 and Dec 02, received approval from the federal DOL?

Thanks

mhsoor,

I don't know where you are looking.

On the same web page there are 2 Sections. One is Regional Processing Times where in for Atlanta it still shows the "July 2002".

Second one is State Processing times where it has 10 sections. Each section listing various states that come under the jurisdiction of one of the federal regional office and their respective processing times. Under Atlanta regional office there are 10 states namely Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee.

You may be looking at Georgia State's processing time which is Jan 2002.

So Frustating

It is so frustating, especially in this economy, to see these dates progressing so slowly.

On top of that you have to worry if the LC will be approved or not.

Title change: will it affect LC and I140/485?

My title was "Programmer/Analyst" when applying for LC. My company just had an organizational change and my titlle was changed to "Software Engineer".

1. The job reqirements, salary, duties, etc. did not change at all. This change is just the result of the comany reorganization.
2. The change is NOT specific to me, ALL positions of "Programmer/Analyst" were changed to "Software Engineer" within the Company.

This will create a mismatch b/w LC title and my current job title. Will this cause problems for LC and future processing of I140/485?
(The real issue here is that these two postions have different DOT codes; they probably have different prevailing wages as well I think.)

I am about to extend my H1B and my lawyer is using my new title. If LC is approved in the future and when we are pareparing I140 docs, will we use the new title or keep the old one? If I am going to keep the old one, should I ask my lawyer to keep my old title in my current H1B extension?

If you have any similar experience, or have any suggestions, advice, please post here.

Thank you so very much in davance!

Shelfd

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.