Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
still waiting...

Some_GreenCard said:
Probably these people should have got approved...may be they forgot to post the forum... :)

I wish that was true, I am still waiting for some news from HR/Attorney.
I used to call DOL before, but not anymore since they don't appreciate
us calling them.
I am tierd of being in this thread (nothing personal :), its been almost 3Years of waiting, my app first reached GA SESA on Jun11,2001.

I have a question for you guys, when DOL approves a case, do they fax
the approval or do they use the conventional postal mail to notify lawyer/attorney.

GC2ME said:
I wish that was true, I am still waiting for some news from HR/Attorney.
I used to call DOL before, but not anymore since they don't appreciate
us calling them.
I am tierd of being in this thread (nothing personal :), its been almost 3Years of waiting, my app first reached GA SESA on Jun11,2001.

I have a question for you guys, when DOL approves a case, do they fax
the approval or do they use the conventional postal mail to notify lawyer/attorney.

now we know about GC2ME but what about
ADOL Feb 06 2003
unk3 Feb 19 2003

Question

Guys, my application was transmitted to Atlanta from Florida on 27 April 2004, AVM is still saying just old cases filled by my company, when or where I will be able to find my RD at ATLDOL?

Do you know if ATLDOL will send something to my lawyer or company when they are receiving a case?

oanacn said:
Guys, my application was transmitted to Atlanta from Florida on 27 April 2004, AVM is still saying just old cases filled by my company, when or where I will be able to find my RD at ATLDOL?

Do you know if ATLDOL will send something to my lawyer or company when they are receiving a case?

Don't depend on AVM, it doesn't even show my case which is forwarded on Sep'2003. They don't send receipt or case number either. All you can do is just for wait for years. Its all jungle rules.

Attorney Update

Here is the latest update from my Attoney regarding case transfer to US DOL, but not found in AVM.
----------------
We just received word from the US DOL that their offices will be spending next week inputting cases into the system that have not yet been entered. The office received several boxes last year that were not entered into the system due to labor shortages, but each box shows the date they were transferred from the state DOL. The transfer date will be entered into the system so they can be prioritized ahead of cases transferred more recently. I think we should be able to find your case on the automated system in approx. two weeks.
---------------

Hope this will help!

more approvals..

Hi

I was talking to my employer enquiring whether there were any approvals recently. He told me about two cases
[1] A guy whose Regional date is Feb 2003 got a NFE or something [basically they needed some form to be signed itseems]. The necessary info is sent and he is waiting for approval.
[2] Another personal with Regional date of April 2 2003 has got his labour approved. He is a programmer analyst or software engineer...

Just wanted to share this info to the forum...

scbatl

scbatl,
do you know if approvals were for your company or something? As per the data that I have from flcdatacenter there were only 2 cases at ATL DOL on April 2, 2003 with Programmer Analyst and software engineer respectively.
One of the case is mine. If they are not from your company or unless the database is not correct, there are chances that my case would been cleared.

Also when did you talk to your lawyer about this ?

appreciate your help... My lawyer is not very happy to get contacted very frequently and I had asked him last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cases are related to one of the employees working in my company. They are not related to any one else. I talked to my employer today afternoon just before i posted it on the forum...

All the best to u labornc....

What do you guys think about this one?

When I check the AVM and the FLC data center they provide the same DOT code. Normal, right?

But the DOT code provided has nothing to do with my employment or the job description. The DOT is for a civil engineer even though my employment is Chemical Engineer oriented; I do a lot of process stuff.

Does anyone know what are the implications of that? And if I should worry about it? Thanks,

Although its not relavant but if anyone knows if one can file for I-140/I-485 from any other service center than the service center that one comes under. In my example, if my labor gets approved from Atlanta, my service center would be Texas. Can I file my 140/485 from a different service center. What's the criteria of choosing a service center.

Thanks

LC must be filed at the intended place of employment. Similarly, 140/485 must be filed at the service center for the intended place of employment. In your case, since you filed LC from ATL, you will need to file 140/485 at Texas Service Center.

I am not sure how far the above is true. I think lawyers will be the best person to ask. I was also thinking because I-140/485 at Texas takes longer time than Vermont :)

Please post if you find out any other information about this

Thanks,

labornc said:
LC must be filed at the intended place of employment. Similarly, 140/485 must be filed at the service center for the intended place of employment. In your case, since you filed LC from ATL, you will need to file 140/485 at Texas Service Center.

I am not sure how far the above is true. I think lawyers will be the best person to ask. I was also thinking because I-140/485 at Texas takes longer time than Vermont :)

Please post if you find out any other information about this

Thanks,

I am not sure but I think we can file 140/485 from a different place as one of my friends Labour was filed in Atlanta and 140/485 filed from Vermont.

Status
Not open for further replies.