Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Labor certified

Originally posted by GAROL
Certificed on March 30, but just known about this.

Today is my low day, so really not too much excited about labor. My husband is sick and cause of the sick is undetermined:-((((

As I promised to myself, you guys will be the first one to know my labor condition. So here it is. Good luck to you all.

p.s. my husband's labor file the same day as mine, but his labor still pending.

Congrats GAROL! :)
All the best for your next phase of GC.

Talked to my attoney and here is what I got from him

"This involves placement of recruitment advertisements (at least three print advertisements in a newspaper most likely to reach the targeted audience, Internet recruitment, placement of a job order with the State Employment Security Commission, perhaps participation in a job fair, and an internal posting that complies with Department of Labor regulations) over a three-month period. "

Someone told me that I only need to advertise one print+ one online + one internal post for for a week and wait for another month to file my RIR LC.

The case is in North Carolina

What do I do, please advise!!

Congratulations, Garol

Relax, your hubby will be fine. This good news will take his sickness away. :)
Guys, seems we're having a peak. 3 approvals in days! Isn't it great? Keep up the speed, Atlanta!

I am curious

Hello all,

I am curious, if we can get a list of all the "permanant" applications pending with DOL ? I am thinking that should be a public knowledge, right ?

regards,

How did you find out about that and whcih state did you get forwarded from? If you dont mind sharing that information, I would like to know that.
Thanks,
eefrog

Help Help Help !!!!

I've got bit of an issue at hand but my lawyer says that its big problem. Can you guys help me out....

I have been working with ABC company since July 1999. I was issued my first H1-B visa valid from March 2000 to March 2003. In September 2001, while working in the U.S. in valid H-1B status, I was assigned a new position in the SAME company but different location.
A new H-1B petition was filed and I was issued a new I-797A form confirming my employment from September 2001 to May 2004 with the company. Upon my return from India, after a brief vacation I entered the United States back in January 2003, I was inadvertently issued an I-94 with an expiration date of March 2003 (based upon the expiration date of my old H-1B visa) instead of the expiration date per the new I-747A form even though during my entry I presented my passport and my new I-797A approval notice. As a result of this error, my I-94 card expired in March 2003, while I was present in the U.S.

While preparing documents for an extension of my visa, which expires in May 2004 my company’s lawyers noticed the error and alerted me to the fact that my I-94 card had expired and my stay in the US is illegal........is that true????

If I have a valid I-797A form that validates my stay till May 2004 then how my stay be illegal even if my I-94 states a date based on my old H1B visa. Can you guys tell me if this is true?????? Please help ASAP my I-797 experies in May 2004.

Thanks

True, Your valid legal stay in the US is only till the validity of your I94. Most of the immigration officers make a mistake of just giving i94 till the current visa expires and does not bother to look on the New 797 validity date. You have to make sure that they give an I94 valid till the expiry of the new approved 797. Same thing happened to me when I entered NY, but I pointed out to the immigration officer and he changed my I94 to be valid till my new 797.

You should have applied extension of I94 in March 2003 when it expired. Officer at port of entry determine your period of valid stay in the US by issuing I94 and just possessing a I797 valid beyond that date mentioned in I94 does not mean you on valid legal status.

Status
Not open for further replies.