Atlanta PERM Processing Center Tracking

justwatching,

I didn't specifically ask for that, but the whole process started some where in dec/jan. I think that was very quick.

Best of luck.

Re: variations in processing times

Going by the recent posts of members whose perm applications were "Certified", it seems that for most of them it took 10-15 days only.

Wondering whether this means, that if your application takes longer, it indicates problems (audit, denial etc).

PERM Certified

I have been waiting for Labor Certification since Dec. 2003 (FL SWA -- Atlanta DOL --- Philly BEC). We decided to file PERM earlier this year and application was submitted April 26, 2006. I checked the PERM website today 5/11/06 and my PERM has been approved! YAHOO!!!

On to I-140 and I-485.

Dan
EB2 FL

dc4opera said:
I have been waiting for Labor Certification since Dec. 2003 (FL SWA -- Atlanta DOL --- Philly BEC). We decided to file PERM earlier this year and application was submitted April 26, 2006. I checked the PERM website today 5/11/06 and my PERM has been approved! YAHOO!!!

On to I-140 and I-485.

Dan
EB2 FL

Congrats!!! :) Was it a BEC to PERM conversion case or fresh PERM case?

My case was filed on April 27, 2006. Sponsorship was e-mail answered by my employer on same day. Your approval gives me hope.

Also, did your employer receive a confirmation e-mail after responding to sponsorship e-mail questionnaire? Please answer.

Thank you and enjoy your evening!

PERM Certified

My PERM application was a fresh one (not converted from BEC). Also, my employer received the questionnaire the day after application was filed. After submitting the answers, a confirmation e-mail was sent from DOL almost immediately.

Dan

dc4opera said:
My PERM application was a fresh one (not converted from BEC). Also, my employer received the questionnaire the day after application was filed. After submitting the answers, a confirmation e-mail was sent from DOL almost immediately.

Dan

After my employer submitted response to the sponsorship questionnaire, it displayed the following message to him in the browser.

Thank you for completing the sponsorship questionnaire. You will receive an e-mail verifying submission. If you do not, Please contact the Help Desk at PLC.HELP@dol.gov

However, he didn't get the confirmation e-mail immediately. He checked his spam / junk e-mail folder without any luck.

He clicked on the link again after one day and it told him that response for the 4 questions has already been received by the PERM system. Status as of today is still "IN PROCESS."

Do you think this will cause any problems for approval? I am very worried now. :(

I-140 and I-485.

After the Perm approved, what's the deal with I-140 and I-485 ? Anybody knows what's the difference, how long it takes and how to explain it? If you are living outside USA does it need to be done the both I-140 and I-485 ? thanks

Re: Variation in processing times

MS Info Systems
EB2 filed 24th April 2006
Current status: In process

Does the employer make a difference? I mean some people are getting their applications "certified" in a week to 10 days whereas others are taking much longer.

I asked my attorney (Rajiv Khanna) and their office said that for their clients, time of approval varies anywhere from a week to 6 months.

Maybe who your sponsor is matters. If it is a big reputed firm or one with whom BCIS has had past satisfactory dealings, the process must be pretty rapid. But this is all guesswork. Wish it was more transparent and we could do something about it.

BTW, MVinays, in my case my employer got the sponsorship email as well as the confirmatory email the next day after the filing. Still my case is under process. I dont think you should be worried about not getting the confirmation email.

Audit

Hi, does anybody know any PERM Audit Tracker or PERM Audit Forum ? My case it was audit, I sent the docs but no idea what's going on.

Some cases are selected for an audit, reason could be they don't know whether your employer exists, whether there is business needs, all those craps. The % of audit is higher than I thought, around 25-30%.

mvinays said:
What was the audit about?

I remember seeing a post on this forum. Good luck.
afocante said:
Hi, does anybody know any PERM Audit Tracker or PERM Audit Forum ? My case it was audit, I sent the docs but no idea what's going on.

Incomplete case

My lawyer filed on my behalf ETA form 9089 (EB2 MS w/ 2 yrs). It's been over 10 days since he has done so, but the case status still shows incomplete and the case number has not yet changed to a 'C' or 'A'. My HR never received a confirmation email! Does this indicate a problem or could it really take up to a month to have the case number converted to one the aforementioned letters?

Thanks for all your help.

That's because either your lawyer or employer DID NOT SUBMIT the case. Once it is submitted appropriately, the status is going to change from "incomplete" to "sponsorship."

saritto said:
My lawyer filed on my behalf ETA form 9089 (EB2 MS w/ 2 yrs). It's been over 10 days since he has done so, but the case status still shows incomplete and the case number has not yet changed to a 'C' or 'A'. My HR never received a confirmation email! Does this indicate a problem or could it really take up to a month to have the case number converted to one the aforementioned letters?

Thanks for all your help.

Perm Approved!!!

Hi everyone,

I've been a silent watcher here for a while... just wanted to share the good news. My PERM application got approved in Atlanta!!!

Here are the details for the tracker:

PD: 03/20/2006
Approved: 04/07/2006
Type: EB2 (Bachelors + 5yrs)

Good luck to all of you too! Keep the faith... it will happen!!!

:)

Thank You, Good Night & Good Luck

I am a US citizen and I have been posting here for a few years on behalf of a close friend who went through the employer-sponsored GC process. She first applied in May 2003, waited 2.5 years, then switched to PERM last December. She's all done now: she just got her I-485 approved this morning.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here who's been helpful. I think this kind of camaderie and grassroots-based efforts is what makes this country beautiful. But there are plenty of ugly things about this country -- I urge everyone who eventually becomes a citizen to vote! Immigrants must speak out!

Thank you, good night & good luck,

-Nuculer

EB-2 PERM Approved

Hi Guys,
My EB-2 PERM from Atlanta was approved.

PD: March/22/2006
AD: May/24/2006

No Audit.

I do have a question for your gurus,

I had a pending EB-3 case in PBEC with priority date of May/2003. IF the pending EB-3 Labor is approved later on this year, can I somehow use May/2003 as my priority date on my approved EB-2 case??

Thanks for sharing.