Atlanta PERM Processing Center Tracking

PERM Approved

I applied on April 17th, got approved on April 27th. Just for you guys to know.
frog

Audit

Any Audit Success case ? Anyone got audit and after was approved? How long?

I got audited last week, sending docs to them.

My case was filed on last September, got response for audit last month :confused:

thecipher5 said:
Hello,

My PERM labor application was submitted on 26th Jan 2006 and its been 90 days but haven't received any approval? :confused:

Has anyone experienced this long delay? Is there a way to check the status or contact the DOL (either myself or my co. HR)?

I've seen here that some got within 90 days. Did anyone contact the DOL?

All advice appreciated.

thecipher5

PERM filed last week

My PERM was filed by my employer on April 27, 2006.
EB2, MS+0
O*NET Code: 15-1031.00
SWA: Maryland
SVP 7 to< 8.
H-12: Yes.

My employer received the sponsorship e-mail in 3.5 hours after submitting the PERM application and he responded to it. It displayed the following message in the browser:

Sponsorship Questionnaire Submission

Thank you for completing the sponsorship questionnaire. You will receive an e-mail verifying submission. If you do not, Please contact the Help Desk at PLC.HELP@dol.gov

However, my employer never received the confirmation e-mail from DOL. He already checked his spam/junk e-mail folder and it is empty.

Has anyone been certified without receiving the confirmation e-mail after answering the sponsorship e-mail questionnaire?

My employer clicked on the sponsorship e-mail's link again and he got a message in the browser stating that the response to the sponsorship has already been received. He has e-mailed PLC.Help@dol.gov today requesting the confirmation e-mail.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Will this cause any problems for approvals? Please share your experiences. Thank you!

Current status is "In Process".

Dear mvinays,

what is the answer to the question H.14 (skill or other requirement) ? Did you specify something there?

Thanks.

mvinays said:
My PERM was filed by my employer on April 27, 2006.
EB2, MS+0
O*NET Code: 15-1031.00
SWA: Maryland
SVP 7 to< 8.
H-12: Yes.

My employer received the sponsorship e-mail in 3.5 hours after submitting the PERM application and he responded to it. It displayed the following message in the browser:

Sponsorship Questionnaire Submission

Thank you for completing the sponsorship questionnaire. You will receive an e-mail verifying submission. If you do not, Please contact the Help Desk at PLC.HELP@dol.gov

However, my employer never received the confirmation e-mail from DOL. He already checked his spam/junk e-mail folder and it is empty.

Has anyone been certified without receiving the confirmation e-mail after answering the sponsorship e-mail questionnaire?

My employer clicked on the sponsorship e-mail's link again and he got a message in the browser stating that the response to the sponsorship has already been received. He has e-mailed PLC.Help@dol.gov today requesting the confirmation e-mail.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Will this cause any problems for approvals? Please share your experiences. Thank you!

Current status is "In Process".

espresso said:
Dear mvinays,

what is the answer to the question H.14 (skill or other requirement) ? Did you specify something there?

Thanks.

In my case, H-14 says "Skills required in Software A, Software B, Software C and Software D."

However, note that if you put any skills requirement in H-14, be prepared to prove to USCIS at I-140 stage that you actually acquired those skills through MS+0 (or whatever other minimum job requirement you may have for your case).

Also, your employer cannot reject US workers based on lack of skills mentioned in H-14 if those skills can be acquired by the US workers through a "reasonable" period of on-the-job training.

DOL does not explicity say what "reasonable period" means. Most lawyers interpret this to mean a few days to a few weeks. If the skills are acquired through two or more semesters of University coursework, lawyers may choose to argue that a semester or two semesters-long course(s) in a University is quite a long period of learning and hence it is not a reasonable period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your feedback. Can I ask you one more?

I don't understand the reason for this: "However, note that if you put any skills requirement in H-14, be prepared to prove to USCIS at I-140 stage that you actually acquired those skills through MS+0 (or whatever other minimum job requirement you may have for your case)."

Thanks. Appreciated.

mvinays said:
In my case, H-14 says "Skills required in Software A, Software B, Software C and Software D."

However, note that if you put any skills requirement in H-14, be prepared to prove to USCIS at I-140 stage that you actually acquired those skills through MS+0 (or whatever other minimum job requirement you may have for your case).

Also, your employer cannot reject US workers based on lack of skills mentioned in H-14 if those skills can be acquired by the US workers through a "reasonable" period of on-the-job training.

DOL does not explicity say what "reasonable period" means. Most lawyers interpret this to mean a few days to a few weeks. If the skills are acquired through two or more semesters of University coursework, lawyers may choose to argue that a semester or two semesters-long course(s) in a University is quite a long period of learning and hence it is not a reasonable period.

espresso said:
Thanks for your feedback. Can I ask you one more?

I don't understand the reason for this: "However, note that if you put any skills requirement in H-14, be prepared to prove to USCIS at I-140 stage that you actually acquired those skills through MS+0 (or whatever other minimum job requirement you may have for your case)."

Thanks. Appreciated.

USCIS consisers whatever mentioned in box H-14 to be a "requirement". They see the minimum job requirements as well as "special/other requirements" as stated in box H-14. thUSCIS expects you to meet meet all of those "requirements" as stated on the Labor Certification (9089) before the date of filing of 9089 (Priority Date).

As I understand, the determination that you mentioned is being done through LC process. I think USCIS verifies if the employer is capable of paying the offered wage permanently based on the labor certification. The qualification of alien should be primarily validated through LC, and what USCIS does is to determine the petition is going to be valid for EB1/2/3. That's why there is a reason for LC denial as "the alien labor doesn't meet the minimum requirement of the offered job."

mvinays said:
USCIS consisers whatever mentioned in box H-14 to be a "requirement". They see the minimum job requirements as well as "special/other requirements" as stated in box H-14. thUSCIS expects you to meet meet all of those "requirements" as stated on the Labor Certification (9089) before the date of filing of 9089 (Priority Date).

espresso said:
As I understand, the determination that you mentioned is being done through LC process. I think USCIS verifies if the employer is capable of paying the offered wage permanently based on the labor certification. The qualification of alien should be primarily validated through LC, and what USCIS does is to determine the petition is going to be valid for EB1/2/3. That's why there is a reason for LC denial as "the alien labor doesn't meet the minimum requirement of the offered job."

You seem to have misunderstood the roles of USCIS and DOL.

DOL's job is to determine if qualified US workers are available for the job.

USCIS's job is to determine whether alien meets the requirements for the job as stated in the LC. Yes, USCIS also tries to verify wage offered, capability to pay the wage, EB1/2/3, etc.

One of the DOL's denial letters states that "Alien does not meet the min. requirement". Yes, this is true and is based on Francis Kellog's case by which DOL cannot approve the LC if the alien meets the job requirement solely by the virtue of qualifying through "alternate set of min. reqts" and not through the "primary set of job requirements". In such situations, DOL argues that the "primary set of job requirements" are not met by the alien and that the "alternate set of job requirements" appear to be "unlawfully tailored" to suit the qualifications of the alien. DOL does not approve such cases unless box H-14 has the following magic sentence: "Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable."

Hope this clears any confusion you have have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ding1000ma said:
Guys, Applied for my EB2 labor on April 27th got cleared today according to my attorney.

Congrats!!! Did your employer receive a confimation e-mail after answering the sponsorship e-mailquestionnaire? Please let me know.

I don't know anything about sponsorship e-mailquestionnaire. My Attorney/Employer did not talk about this. As soon as he filed my perm application they told me that they filed it, afterwards today I got mail saying that my labor got cleared.

PERM online submission process

Hi All,

Could someone who is familiar with PERM online submission process help me?

The attorney of my company prepared the case and told me he submitted it. I asked my employer to check it in online system. They found my case listed as Incompleted or Uncompleted. When I called the attorney, he told me that he submitted the case and just waiting for email with case number. It has been 5 days already, but nothing changed.

What is going on? I always thought it is done instantly.
Thanks
K.

Perm approved

Applied: 04/19/06
Approved: 05/06/06
EB2/5 years experience.

Got the call today as perm approved, I didn't know any more details. Employer in PA applied through Atlanta.

Best of luck to you all, see you I140 thread.

nsb said:
Applied: 04/19/06
Approved: 05/06/06
EB2/5 years experience.

Got the call today as perm approved, I didn't know any more details. Employer in PA applied through Atlanta.

Best of luck to you all, see you I140 thread.

nsb - congratulations.

Can you tell me how long it took to get the Prevailing wage determination?

Thanks

Ding1000ma said:
I don't know anything about sponsorship e-mailquestionnaire. My Attorney/Employer did not talk about this. As soon as he filed my perm application they told me that they filed it, afterwards today I got mail saying that my labor got cleared.

Ding1000ma,
Which PERM center was your case filed at? Atlanta or Chicago?
Thanks.