Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I know this question has been asked a lot in the forum, but I still want some guidance to to how to handle this.

Regarding the traffic citations, I indicated on the application that I have been cited, but did not include all the traffic citations on the form, only include those were on the DMV( I have obtained a certified copy of the driver report history). Should I mention the other tickets that were not included in the DMV to the IO voluntarily, or only brought that up when asked? Is this gonna be a problem at all? Thanks for all the advise.

I thought you were only supposed to report traffic tickets over a certain amount of $. Can anyone confirm this?
Found this in a different post:

12th January 2012, 11:52 AM #2702
warlord
warlord is offline Registered User

I have gone into detail years ago in this forum, but I'll simplify it again. In 2007 I called the USCIS about this. They informed me simple traffic fines do not need to be included on the N-400. I contacted an immigration lawyer and asked him. He stated the same thing.

I did not mention them on my N-400. In my interview, I was asked if I had been to court. I said yes, the IO asked why and I said 2 speeding tickets in a county where court was mandatory. He asked if they were under the $500 and non DUI. I said yes. He then moved on.

I told him I was confused about the N-400 and if I should have reported them on the form and he said the same thing the others did and said no. His response is they don't regard simple traffic tickets such as parking, speeding, rolling through stop signs etc as needed to be documented at all since most people will have those. He stated they are only interested in serious traffic offenses that are in excess of $500 or ones that had a DUI.

This was in 2007, but I doubt very much anything has changed...

Last edited by a moderator:
got the Interview Letter today

Mine is scheduled for Aug 7th at 12:15 PM ..

Updated Time line :

06/06/07: GC
03/12/12: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX with UPS (Day 1)
03/14/12: N-400 delivered (Day 3)
03/14/12: N-400 priority date
03/20/12: Checks cashed (day 9)
03/22/12: NOA recvd (Day 11)
04/16/12: FP notice mailed (Day 34)
04/18/12: FP notice recvd (Day 36)
05/08/12: FP done (Day 56)
05/10/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (Day 58)
07/08/12: IL recvd (Day 117)
08/07/12: Interview (147)
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

My priority date is March 15th and i did receive the email updates on Tuesday evening. Waiting for the letter.

My finger prints are done on May 10th...

GC-KA-GHULAM, Looks like we might have same day interview.

My interview is scheduled on August 9th...

Looks like a big delay in processing.. Mine will complete 5 months by August 15th. So don't know if the Oath will be on same day or week to meet their 5 months processing time frame...

Patrg ,

There are some members who have interview scheduled on the 17 th .. Lets see when they get their oath .. That should give us an indication whether they are being set u up for oath that week or a month later ..

All in all , its been a long Ride , I am ready to get this over with soon :)

My interview is scheduled on August 9th...

Looks like a big delay in processing.. Mine will complete 5 months by August 15th. So don't know if the Oath will be on same day or week to meet their 5 months processing time frame...

usually they dont . ..But You can give it a try .
If they dont then thats fine. I was asking about walk-ins, since I see many posted here with timelines which suggest they did a walk in.
I have seen some posts where they list:
FP Letter 01/01/2012
FP Complete 01/02/2012 (walkin).

I got the notice that interview is scheduled on Aug 20. Although there are still 1 month away, I already started to become nervous. I am a person who has been afraid of taking exams since childhood. This interview is like an exam for me. For those who have experience, in this 1 month, how should I prepare for the interview?

There is an extensive list of documents to prepare for the interview in this forum, but I suspect many of the documents will not be needed. It appears that what are commonly asked for are: birth certificate, passport, and green card. I am a person who really do not like to carry huge pile of documents. If I just bring birth certificate, passport, and green card, would that be enough? I understand this is not 100% safe, but would they be enough for 99% of the cases?

My questions may sound stupid, but please bear with me. Thanks.

I found this forum trying to find out what's going on in the ATL office. I am signed up on another website that tracks applications and there seems to have been no interviews scheduled since about 6/7 (at least nobody on that site has recorded any movement).

Tagging along here in this forum/thread to see how others are doing, so I can figure out what to expect, time-wise.

My Timeline:

01/03/2003: GC
06/29/12: N-400 mailed to Dallas via Priority Mail
07/03/12: N-400 priority date
07/6/12: Check cashed
07/10/12: NOA recvd
07/13/12: FP notice mailed (Per website)
xx/xx/12: FP notice recvd
xx/xx/12: FP done
xx/xx/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"
xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview (147)
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

Grashoppr

ericshi, redgo

How were your interview going? Could you please share some experiences to help others who are still waiting? I am getting nervous as the big day is approaching. Thanks!

Erichshi,

What is your Priority date ?.

Also I heard they are not following a specific pattern for Oath Dates. Some folks got the Oath the next Friday after the interview and some other folks got it after a month. So it is hard to predict. If there is a way we can find out as when the Oath ceremony after July 17th it gives us some idea whether or not we would be in that Batch but not sure.

ericshi, redgo

How were your interview going? Could you please share some experiences to help others who are still waiting? I am getting nervous as the big day is approaching. Thanks!

Allaboutc,
My interview is at 1:45, I will share my experience after I got back.
I am still worried about multiple traffic tickets I had, but we will see.
I will keep you posted

N400 interview

Just got back from Interview.. I passed and my oath date is July 30th.
I think people who passed the interview and did not change their name get the oath letter on the spot.
The interview itself only take about 15-20 minutes, it took about an hour or so to get the oath letter, some people even waited longer.
The IO asked the civil questions and written first before going through the N400 form.
Regarding the traffic tickets, all I had to tell her is its no related to alcohol or drugs and the fines are less than $500.00, and show her the proof that they had been paid.
One more thing I forgot to said is that if you are male between 18-26, you need to bring the selective and make sure that on the selective documents there is the date you first register with them.. I think you can print that out in the sss.gov, something called status check.. She specifically ask about it.. I am glad that I have it.
As of now..I just got a email from USCIS saying that my status has changed to oath ceremony...:)

Congrats bro......

I was out in 8 minutes. The officer was just point to point.......

Here is little more information which would be helpful for the other folks.

Passed the interview and the officer had some conflict with my name on the Passport and the current GC/DL. I tried to explain her how it works in india we just write only the Initial of Surname but she said we will have to take it as per US Standards, I told her my first name , middle name and last name are accurate on GC/DL but the officer was keen on what she was saying ....and asked me to sign 3 pages for name change(Technically there is no change it would be same as what i have on my GC/DL) I didnt want to argue so just kept quiet and I asked her what would be the oath date she mentioned that a letter will be sent to your address about the date/time of oath and handed me over a paper saying that I have passed the test.

No Big deal...... will just wait for the Oath letter.

Please let me know guys if I can answer any other questions.

I think people who passed the interview and did not change their name get the oath letter on the spot.
The interview itself only take about 15-20 minutes, it took about an hour or so to get the oath letter, some people even waited longer.
The IO asked the civil questions and written first before going through the N400 form.
Regarding the traffic tickets, all I had to tell her is its no related to alcohol or drugs and the fines are less than $500.00, and show her the proof that they had been paid.
One more thing I forgot to said is that if you are male between 18-26, you need to bring the selective and make sure that on the selective documents there is the date you first register with them.. I think you can print that out in the sss.gov, something called status check.. She specifically ask about it.. I am glad that I have it.
As of now..I just got a email from USCIS saying that my status has changed to oath ceremony...:)

Congrats,
Actually, I encountered the same problem, the IO said that my name appear differently on my birth certificate and my Green card, so she had to let me change it back to be the same as it appears on the birth certificate, and I still get the oath letter on the same day..
On my birth certificate, My first name and middle name is together
and on my GC, my first name and middle is separate if you are wondering.
Congrats bro......

Passed the interview and the officer had some conflict with my name on the Passport and the current GC/DL. I tried to explain her how it works in india we just write only the Initial of Surname but she said we will have to take it as per US Standards, I told her my first name , middle name and last name are accurate on GC/DL but the officer was keen on what she was saying ....and asked me to sign 3 pages for name change(Technically there is no change it would be same as what i have on my GC/DL) I didnt want to argue so just kept quiet and I asked her what would be the oath date she mentioned that a letter will be sent to your address about the date/time of oath and handed me over a paper saying that I have passed the test.

Ericshi, congratulations

I have 2 quesions that I hope you could help me.

1) Since I was in F1 status when I was between 18 - 24, so I did NOT register for selective service, since it is not requireed. Now, do I need to get any proof that i did NOT register for it?

2) For the traffic ticket payment receipt, I got a receipt but it is not "certified". It is just a print out from the computer with the ticket #, payment etc. I asked the clerk if she could stamp on it, but she said she does not have stamp. Is this kind of receipt ok with the officer? Did you get any stamp or certification on your payment receipt?

Thank you and congratulation again.

Congratulations redgo!

Congrats bro......

Thank you.
Regarding your question:
1. If you are under 26 now, I think you should register before going to interview, if you are not, then I think you need to get a written explaination as why you did not register with them, like you said you were in F1 status, etc
2. Regarding the traffic tickets, I have the print out that says paid from the court clerk, like the one you have now, and I have have the court certified copy of the tickets, when IO ask about it, I only showed her the print out that I got from the clerk, and have no stamp on it.. It worked fine with my IO..But I think it will be better to get the certify copy of the court disposition. You can order that with the court clerk.
I bring 2 folders of stuff with me, but she only ask for the green card, driver license, passport, social security card and the proof that I have paid... It is better to prepare more document just in case you meet some IO that is not so nice
Ericshi, congratulations

I have 2 quesions that I hope you could help me.

1) Since I was in F1 status when I was between 18 - 24, so I did NOT register for selective service, since it is not requireed. Now, do I need to get any proof that i did NOT register for it?

2) For the traffic ticket payment receipt, I got a receipt but it is not "certified". It is just a print out from the computer with the ticket #, payment etc. I asked the clerk if she could stamp on it, but she said she does not have stamp. Is this kind of receipt ok with the officer? Did you get any stamp or certification on your payment receipt?

Thank you and congratulation again.

Does Same day oath has started again in ATL

Congratulations. If possible list your interview questions for CIVIC and other

Also you mentioned every one was getting oath letter on the spot. Does that mean every one else was getting same day oath in Atlanta now?

Congratulations. If possible list your interview questions for CIVIC and other

Also you mentioned every one was getting oath letter on the spot. Does that mean every one else was getting same day oath in Atlanta now?

The questions being asked was:
1. There are 4 amendments about who can vote, name 1
2. If president can no longer serve, who become the president
3. Why did the colonist come to the US
4. What is the 1st amendment
5. Name one of the longest river
6. Who is the governor of GA
The speaking part, IO had me read: what was the first capital of the US
I had to write: New York city was the first capital of the US.
Also, regarding the oath, we get the oath letter on the spot, but it is not for the same day... I think people get interviewed on July 17th, got the oath scheduled on July 30th.

Stuck after FP....

HI All:

As previously mentioned I have 03/14/12 as the priority date and took the FP on May 8th in Atlanta. Unfortunately there is no change in my status. It still remains the same

" Initial Review
On April 16, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken. "

Not sure why. Any one with the same status. Does it mean I am stuck in Security Check?

Need some advice, what should be my approach. I called up the 1-800 number and spoke to the IO, they say I am still within the processing time frame of 5 Months. All others with the same time frame have an Interview Scheduled.