Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

No update here... It is very slow.

GKG,AllaboutGC,

Any updates on your side from "IN Q for Interview" to actual interview date ? Iam worried if there will be any conflict between the interview and oath since I have to make a trip to India late July.

Thanks
Redgo

US Citizen

I received my US Citizenship yesterday. The process was easy. Here is story ...

I was asked to come at 8:00 AM. There was a big queue and it took 20 minutes to get through. All the people on that day were mainly coming for taking oath. The family members were present to take pictures. I guess everyone knew that camera was allowed. Once inside the building, only the actual oath takers were let inside the Ceremony Hall. Once inside the hall, you are given a token number and shown your Naturalization Certificate. You are asked to verify the information on the certificate such as name, correct spelling, date of birth, marital status and country of citizenship. The certificate is not handed over until after the oath. Everyone was given a packet and were seated as per the serial order of ticket number. The packet has general info and passport application form.

Nearly 150 people from 67 countries were taking oath. Surprisingly, only 1 from China and 4 from India. I had expected lot of people from these two countries (having so much inherent population).

A guy gave us briefing as people people were coming inside the hall. He lighten up the atmosphere by cracking jokes. People were allowed to ask questions and the questions were being answered. The questions were mainly on travel while passport pending, passport application and voting. At about 10:00 AM the actual oath started. The family members were allowed on the back seats just before the oath began. They were all ready with cameras in hand. The oath lasted for about 5 minutes followed by National Anthem. After that, everyone were called with number and the certificate was handed over. Some people stayed back to take photos with the background and US flag.

All the best to everyone who is seeking US Citizenship.

needCZ, thanks for the write-up!

At which point did they collect your green card? I passed interview already and am waiting for the oath letter, but lost my wallet two days ago, the little green card is gone as well. Am debating whether to waste 400 bucks to file for a replacement card, or can I simply tell them that I lost it when I go for the oath ceremony?

Thanks!

I received my US Citizenship yesterday. The process was easy. Here is story ...

I was asked to come at 8:00 AM. There was a big queue and it took 20 minutes to get through. All the people on that day were mainly coming for taking oath. The family members were present to take pictures. I guess everyone knew that camera was allowed. Once inside the building, only the actual oath takers were let inside the Ceremony Hall. Once inside the hall, you are given a token number and shown your Naturalization Certificate. You are asked to verify the information on the certificate such as name, correct spelling, date of birth, marital status and country of citizenship. The certificate is not handed over until after the oath. Everyone was given a packet and were seated as per the serial order of ticket number. The packet has general info and passport application form.

Nearly 150 people from 67 countries were taking oath. Surprisingly, only 1 from China and 4 from India. I had expected lot of people from these two countries (having so much inherent population).

A guy gave us briefing as people people were coming inside the hall. He lighten up the atmosphere by cracking jokes. People were allowed to ask questions and the questions were being answered. The questions were mainly on travel while passport pending, passport application and voting. At about 10:00 AM the actual oath started. The family members were allowed on the back seats just before the oath began. They were all ready with cameras in hand. The oath lasted for about 5 minutes followed by National Anthem. After that, everyone were called with number and the certificate was handed over. Some people stayed back to take photos with the background and US flag.

All the best to everyone who is seeking US Citizenship.

Congrats!!!

After you were in scheduling que you got your oath letter with in couple of days. Did you see the online status change when the oath letter was sent? Because I am in scheduling que since May 31, 2012. I would appreciate your response.

Does anybody case updated from In Q for interview to the Actual interview date and time ?. Mine case is still pending for almost a month now (In Q for Interview)

My wife just got an email about her case status being updated to Test and interview from in queue for testing and interview. She should be receiving a letter in the mail with time and date within 14 days .

Your wife has been in scheduling since April 3. So it takes 2 months to schedule the interview...

QUOTE=afrank;2577555]My wife just got an email about her case status being updated to Test and interview from in queue for testing and interview. She should be receiving a letter in the mail with time and date within 14 days .[/QUOTE]

Your wife has been in scheduling since April 3. So it takes 2 months to schedule the interview...

QUOTE=afrank;2577555]My wife just got an email about her case status being updated to Test and interview from in queue for testing and interview. She should be receiving a letter in the mail with time and date within 14 days .
[/QUOTE]

Yes looks like it . 2 months or more based on others timeline.

FP Scheduled

FP scheduled on 06/20 for all three family members.

Looking current trend they are processing three application at same time, Does all three will/can be scheduled interview on same date?

D/O: Atlanta
04/30/12 (D 000) Mailed to TSC
05/03/12 (D 003) Delivered
05/29/12 (D 026) FP Notice Sent
06/20/12 (D 051) FP Scheduled
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) In Q 4 interview scheduling"
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) YL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Interview -- Passed
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) In Q 4 Oath Sch
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Oath Letter Recd
xx/xx/12 (Dxxx) Oath Date

Got YL today

Got the yellow letter asking for Court dispositions for my traffic tickets ...

Hoping for the interview scheduling soon .

Atlanta Interview experience 6/12 and Oath date

Hi All,
We had our interview yesterday and got appproved.:) I filed in Mar'12 (5Y - 85d) and my wife filed in Apr'12 (5Y - 60d) and we both had the interview yesterday. They went over all the N400 questions again and civic questions. The IO was looking at my file for 10-15 minutes without any major questions.

After the interview we were handed over provisional approval note and asked to wait outside for supervisor approval and oath date. We waited along with huge group of people for about 2 hours before some officer came out and called out the names to hand over the oath date letter. Our oath date is coming friday. I guess almost all who had interview yesterday had the oath scheduled this friday.

Thanks to all who contributed here and best wishes to all those who are in the process.

Any update after In Q for interview

GKG,AllaboutGC,

Any updates about your case ?. Any movement after placed in Q for Interview ?.

Thanks
Redgo

In line for Interview Scheduling

FP wad done 06/20 and now all three family members are placed in que for interview scheduling.

04/30/12 (D 000) Mailed to TSC
05/03/12 (D 003) Delivered
05/29/12 (D 026) FP Notice Sent
06/20/12 (D 051) FP Scheduled
06/22/12 (D 054) In Q 4 interview scheduling"
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) YL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Oath Letter Recd
xx/xx/12 (Dxxx) Oath Date[/QUOTE]

Waiting for the Interview Call

The Atlanta blog has been very quiet . Has anyone received any updates yet ?

Not sure why after the FP, there is no change in status.....

Current Status:

Initial Review
On April 16, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken.

03/09/12 (D 000) Mailed to TSC
03/14/12 (D 003) Priority Date
04/16/12 (D 026) FP Notice Sent
05/08/12 (D 051) FP Scheduled
05/07/12 (D xxx) YL dated
05/10/12 (D xxx) YL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D 054) In Q 4 interview scheduling"
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Recd