Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Not everybody receives the YL. I didn't, but I think it depends in each person application. For example, I have read that some who have gotten it, the YL states to bring court dispositions, arrests or things like that.

My N-400 timeline (Atlanta DO):

06/28/2011 N-400 sent (texas)
07/1/2011 N-400 received
07/05/2011 - Notice date
07/11/2011 recd email
07/18/2011 - FP letter in mail
08/04/2011 - FP done

06/08/2011 : Received Date
06/08/2011 : Priority Date
06/10/2011 : Ch. cashed
06/10/2011 : Notice Date
07/01/2011 : Early Walkin FP Done
08/12/2011 : YL Date

I've been through the process, now it is my wife's turn:

05/31/2011 : Received Date
05/31/2011 : Priority Date
06/09/2011 : Rec. FP Letter
06/23/2011 : FP Scheduled
06/17/2011 : Early Walkin FP (to Be) Done
08/12/2011 : Yellow Letter Sent Date
08/31/2011 : Status changed to Testing & Interview-> letter sent out.
--/--/2011: Interview Date
--/--/2011: Oath

Calhoun....you should be up shortly.

I have a question that some of you guys might have experienced and would appreciate some feedback.

Going for the Judicial Oath (name change)... I was wondering if anyone has any idea about the speed of getting in que for the Oath Ceremony. There are three ceremonies left in the year (Sept, Oct, Nov) and I am wondering how soon I might get an appointment.

ATL 2020,

It is difficult to tell when you might be scheduled for the judicial oath.

Here's my experience - my wife and I both passed the citizenship interview on the same day (June 13th, 2011). However, USCIS/the Court initially scheduled my wife's oath ceremoney on August 12th (the notification letter was received around mid-July). When I did not get any oath schedule notification letter by the end of July, I made an INFOPASS appointment for August 9th. During the meeting with a USCIS official (at Parklake Drive in Tucker), they initially told me that they had "mistakenly" scheduled my oath ceremony for November even though they usually group family members together. That said, they were very helpful in rescheduling my oath ceremony for August 12th.

Bottom line, based on my experience, you should expect to get a notification letter 4-6 weeks after the interview (late September/early October) and, if the queue is not too long, you may very have hour oath ceremony in October.

Good luck.

I was just wondering if there has been anybody who has had an interview lately? do they do the Oath the same day as the interview or are they sending letters on the Oath date?
Cherr1985, how did your interview go ? you haven't posted anything since your status update on the interview.

Wazimo, have you received your interview letter? I was following your case, as your wife is about the same time frame as I am.

05/24/2011 - Received date
05/30/2011 - Priority date
06/21/2011 - Finger prints date (actual date did not do an early walk in)
06/23/2011- Email - USCIS case status changed to testing and interview
08/30/2011- Email and text - Interview time and place has been mailed.
09/06/2011 - Letter received with date and place of interview.
10/04/2011 - Interview date

Nyali,

My wife got an interview scheduled for 10/4 @ 9:00am. Typically, if you have a morning appointment in Atlanta, you can do your oath the same day at 1pm or 2pm (there are two ceremonies). The interview only lasts for 15 mins or so. I hope this helps. Make sure you have all you docs with you such as GC, Marriage CErtificate, All passwords, Birth Certificate, etc.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you so much. I guess we have the same day interview, mine is at 7.20am, so hopefully will have the same day Oath.
Good luck to your wife. This has been such a long awaited journey.

Thanks.

06/08/2011 : Received Date
06/08/2011 : Priority Date
06/10/2011 : Ch. cashed
06/10/2011 : Notice Date
07/01/2011 : Early Walkin FP Done
08/12/2011 : YL Date
09/09/2011 : IL Received
10/11/2011 : Interview date

07/1/2011 N-400 received
07/05/2011 - Notice date
07/11/2011 recd email
08/04/2011 - FP done
09/15/2011 - YL received to bring DL

Mail on Apr 06-2011
Recved by USCIS Apr 08-2011
PE Date Apr 11-2011
FP Request received Apr 19-2011
FP Complete Apr 26-2011
Yellow Letter - June 20
Interiew - Aug 16.
Interiew Complete and Oath Aug 16
Passport Applied Aug 18

Passport Received Sep 3rd.
Applied for N600 for my son -Sep 12 (Atlanta)
Applied N-400 for My wife - Sep 15

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlanta N-400 Timeline

Mailed N400 - 6/19/11
App Rec'vd - 6/20/11
Priority Date - 6/20/11
Check Cashed - 6/22/11
FP appt mailed email - 6/30/11
FP appt date- 7/12/11
Placed for Int scheduling - 8/1/11
YL Rec'vd - 8/26/11
IL Mailed - email Rec'vd - 9/7/11
Int Date - 10/13/11
Oath Date -

LONG STORY - just for informational purposes. I am done with interview...waiting for oath.

So, sorry I have been out...but I tried to post several times in here and this thing didn't came out correctly to put a message. I guess my browser's fault.
ANYWAY, I just came back from my interview. My citizenship interview was set for today, 9/20/11 in Atlanta at Northside as you know, at 1.40pm. When I received the letter I was kind of disappointed because with that time frame I knew I was screw to get the same date oath...BUt heck at least I got the freakin' interview letter, it could be worse right? so I deal with it.

I came in, on time, at 1pm and still there was a freakin' line of people who were WAYYYY ahead of their time and was getting just push back. See, that pisses me off because me and another lady who were there on time 40-30 minutes before 1.40pm were getting delayed and here is the catch: There was another cutover time to get the oath for Friday! I checked in, go to the third floor and sit down. There is nobody around to tell you where to go, you just go with the herd and sit. The wait after that was almost an hour, it seems that there is no order of calling. They were calling numbers behind and after me...the place was full of people, not completely full. I exchange conversations with two ladies, one from Venezuela and another from the Philippines. The girl from VZ told me that her appointment was at noon and she was late for the same day oath, but her interview officer told her that she was going to get the oath on Friday and she must wait there for the letter after another person review her paperwork again. So the thing is that after you are done for interview, the officer RECOMMENDS you, you go again outside the room and wait again for the second paper for the oath ceremony IF you are within the cutover for it.

While waiting the girl from VZ got called with her appointment at 8am for her oath ceremony THIS Friday, lucky one.

Me and the other lady not so lucky on it :eek:. I got called basically at 2.40pm or so I stop checking my phone. You can text though I wouldn't recommend be talking on the phone. Officers go in and out calling numbers...R120!!!, R144!!!! you get up and follow them, not many of them introduce themselves in the hall they go to their business. They are polite so just keep it professional. And PAY ATTENTION they don't tend to repeat more than three times the numbers, and if you don't pay attention they go inside and move on and will come back calling another number. Each officer is assigned already with your case, so is not like there is a ballot inside and each one is picking a number.

My interview was straight forward. She went through the questions of the N400 veryfing name, that none of my parents are a US citizen, address (I change address after I applied), SSN, verify that I actually don't need any name change since I legally change my name through my divorce. And my ONLY worry about my N400 was that. I was married before with a USC (I am originally Cherr1980 here and you can search my stuff back in 2006-2008) but if you are lazy like me...I divorced before my I-751 was adjudicated and I reapplied after I divorce, they close my second case and adjudicated the wrong one. The officer told me she reviewed my case and she noticed that they made a mistake and I was fine that's why she didn't brought anything of that on the table because "you actually did the right thing, we screwed it up" WOW...of course I wish that came back with my freakin' 400 bucks but whatever. ANYWAY back again to my case, "read at loud: When is Columbus Day?", then write this "Columbus Day is in October." then right away six questions I answered all of them, and she checked everything, put bunch of stamps and gave me a paper that says "Congratulations! you are recommended for bla bla bla" . I asked why I couldn't get the oath for Friday and she told me that the cutover for that day alredy passed...and since anyway all the interviews need to be rechecked by a supervisor, there was no way I was getting it for Friday. So I should get my oath date in the mail. She said it shouldn't be more than the end of the month because they are urgently trying to get as much cases done for the month done because they are really behind. She said that twice about end of the month...so I REALLY hope so but don't get my hopes so high. I really want to be DONE FOR ONCE with this goverment agency.

And that's what all folks.

Hi friends !
I want to thank all forum members for the help and information they gave in the forum.
I had my interview last week. The IO was very courteous. He went through my N400 application in detail and
verified about my visits outside USA. He asked six simple questions. what is the highest court, who is the vice
president, which group of people were brought to US and sold as slaves, why did colonists fight British and two
other questions I forget. I answered them and he said congratulations, you have passed . I was to wait
outside to get letter for oath. Later I was given letter for next day oath. I went next day , took the oath along with another 145 people. Now I am a US citizen. Great Experience!
Good Luck to all of you !

07/1/2011 N-400 received
07/05/2011 - Notice date
07/11/2011 recd email
08/04/2011 - FP done
09/15/2011 - YL received to bring DL
09/26/2011 - email recd for Interview- IL mailed
09/30/2011 - Int date 11/1/2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Nyali , wazimo, sicce, calhoun - How did your interview go ? I have interview at 9am. Is it possible to get same day oath ?

Usually if everything goes fine, and your interview is in the morning; you can get scheduled for the oath ceremony for the same day.
Good luck!