Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I have interview tomorrow. I have long name, but my friends and co-workers calls me short name which I never mentioned in N400 application. Do I need to mentioned the short name to Interview Officer? Please reply me immediately. But I don't want to change my original name. I have 11 character in my name, but they call first four letters. Ramakrishna, but everybody calls me RAMA.

I have interview tomorrow. I have long name, but my friends and co-workers calls me short name which I never mentioned in N400 application. Do I need to mentioned the short name to Interview Officer? Please reply me immediately. But I don't want to change my original name. I have 11 character in my name, but they call first four letters. Ramakrishna, but everybody calls me RAMA.

Nicknames do not need to be mentioned unless you use them on a regular daily business dealings such as utility bills and such.

Thanks Bobsmyth for you reply.

I used nickname for my cable bill and I used in my office Alias name. If I mention, is there any delay. Please reply.

Thanks,

Thanks Bobsmyth for you reply.

I used nickname for my cable bill and I used in my office Alias name. If I mention, is there any delay. Please reply.

Thanks,

It is better you stick to the name given in N400 unless you want a name change.
Any name change may lead to delay in oath taking.
Good luck in your interview!
Keep us posted about how the interview went.

So Mr.Chitti Babu you are in the process of Naturalization....Man you used to tell 100's of stories that you didnt wanted to take Citizenship etc etc......

We have our interview coming up this Thursday? Are there Oath ceremonies in ATLANTA on Thursdays? If not, when are we likely to have the Oath Ceremony - following week?

It is better you stick to the name given in N400 unless you want a name change.
Any name change may lead to delay in oath taking.
Good luck in your interview!
Keep us posted about how the interview went.

Thanks bittub for you reply.

My interview was done yesterday day at 1.40PM and oath is scheduled this Friday day. Go through my N400 application from top to bottom and 6 civic questions and 1 english reading and writing. Pretty simple. It doesn't take much time, only 6 to 8 mins.

What is my next step after interview and OATH? I mean apply for US passport or update SSN and driver's license, which one first? Is there any forum to get more details?

Thanks bittub for you reply.

My interview was done yesterday day at 1.40PM and oath is scheduled this Friday day. Go through my N400 application from top to bottom and 6 civic questions and 1 english reading and writing. Pretty simple. It doesn't take much time, only 6 to 8 mins.

Congratulations! You are all set to become citizen on Friday.
Was there any discussion in the interview about your long name and the one you said you were using in work etc?

Now waiting for the FP notice. Any idea guys on when should I be expecting a FP notice in the mail. Will I also get an e-mail / text update?

Thanks,

I've been through the process, now it is my wife's turn:

05/31/2011 : Received Date
05/31/2011 : Priority Date
06/09/2011 : Rec. FP Letter
06/23/2011 : FP Scheduled
06/17/2011 : Early Walkin FP (to Be) Done
08/12/2011 : Yellow Letter Sent Date
--/--/2011: Interview Date
--/--/2011: Oath

Finger print notice received few days back. Also, could you guys throw some light on this yellow letter. What is yellow letter & is this something that everyone gets it in the mail?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY!!!! I was checking this website this morning...and I was getting really upset that after my last INFOPASS I met two May filers, and they were going for their Oath Ceremony.
Today, I received a text and email that states that I have been schedule for interview, and I should received the written notice within 14 days. Not sure what took so long...but glad I finally received something! hopefuly the rest is straight forward.

Mail on Apr 06-2011
Recved by USCIS Apr 08-2011
PE Date Apr 11-2011
FP Request received Apr 19-2011
FP Complete Apr 26-2011
Yellow Letter - June 20
Interiew - Aug 16.
Interiew Complete and Oath Aug 16
Passport Applied Aug 18