Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

N400 applied: 3/10/2011
Rcvd by them : 3/15/2011 (Priority date)
Finger Prints: 3/30/2011 (Early walk-in Atlanta)
YL: 4/20/2011
IL: 6/30/2011
Interview: 8/4/2011

I have my interview on Aug 4th: I have couple of questions - please help!!

I need clarification on the below documents?
1) Driving record transcript from DMV (I dont have any tickets - do i still need this?)
2) Original IRS 1722 letter (I have the tax account transcripts - is this sufficient or do i need to ask for 1722 also?)

Thanks

Hi Cbamidimarri,
Can you post your time line to understand the time taken from N400 date to interview .
Thanks.

Mail on Apr 06-2011
Recved by USCIS Apr 08-2011
PE Date Apr 11-2011
FP Request received Apr 19-2011
FP Complete Apr 26-2011
Yellow Letter - June 20
Interiew - Aug 16.

One more Question:
N400 - Yellow Letter Arrest Question without any arrest
I got yellow letter. The have requested two items:
1. My driver’s license
Second one is interesting
2. You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrest and any other incidents in
E been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how
resolved.
I was never arrested and did not fill application stating that I am arrested. I only had a traffic citation for not stopping at school bus, contested in court and judge moved this charge to non-moving violation and paid fine.

Tell me what I need to do?

Quick question on the Dress code for India women at N-400 Interview & Oath Ceremony - Is Indian dress like Salwar / Kameez accepted? Please let us know.

Hi friends,
I have one quick question.
I opted for name change in the application N400. Now I want to withdraw that option. Can I do it? If so What is the paperwork to be done before being called for interview,. Now I am placed in the line for Test and Interview.
Thanks.

Quick question on the Dress code for India women at N-400 Interview & Oath Ceremony - Is Indian dress like Salwar / Kameez accepted? Please let us know.

Yes, I went for the interview today and saw people in all kinds of dresses. Having said that, my personal opinion is that it is better to be more formal for this day as it does build a slight impression with the IO. I personally go to office in jeans/shorts but opted to be in formals today. If jeans is an option, I'd suggest that over salwaar unless OP is > 50 years old.

Status update: Received email on 7/21/11 that was placed in line for interview scheduling... (did fingerprint on 7/19)

Yes, I went for the interview today and saw people in all kinds of dresses. Having said that, my personal opinion is that it is better to be more formal for this day as it does build a slight impression with the IO. I personally go to office in jeans/shorts but opted to be in formals today. If jeans is an option, I'd suggest that over salwaar unless OP is > 50 years old.

Congrats on your interview!
How did it go and what were the questions asked? Did you take the oath same day.?

Hey bittub,
No need to panic. Piece of cake. You can change your mind at the time of the interview. Please let the officer at the time of the interview that you have decided to withdraw the name change option. He will make you initial or sign & you will be all set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
yes, u can do a name change option during your interview. Officer will remind u that if u do, there will a different and NOT same-day oath ceremony.

Interview was okay. Was about 20 mins long. Got sworn-in, she put in stickers wherever she felt needed a 2nd opinion and then asked me to read, "who can vote" and write "citizens can vote". Then 6 simple civics questions like who were brought in slaves, why colonists fought the brits, 1 responsibility as US citizen, why benjamin franklin is famous etc.
we had a little confrontation when she looked at my spouse's status and read "illegal". I said no she's not illegal but out-of-status as she legally entered the country and then overstayed. She tried to convince me that was also another form of illegal alien but we ended sharing laugh and agreeing on the fact that she can better be called as an "undocumented alien"...lol.....everything else was fine, she was to the point and knew what she wanted to ask/talk. She chose not to update my form with new employer as the nature of job was same. I saw people who were called for the interview around 1.30 PM also got same day oath on request.

Congrats on your interview!
How did it go and what were the questions asked? Did you take the oath same day.?

Hi,
yes, u can do a name change option during your interview. Officer will remind u that if u do, there will a different and NOT same-day oath ceremony.

Interview was okay. Was about 20 mins long. Got sworn-in, she put in stickers wherever she felt needed a 2nd opinion and then asked me to read, "who can vote" and write "citizens can vote". Then 6 simple civics questions like who were brought in slaves, why colonists fought the brits, 1 responsibility as US citizen, why benjamin franklin is famous etc.
we had a little confrontation when she looked at my spouse's status and read "illegal". I said no she's not illegal but out-of-status as she legally entered the country and then overstayed. She tried to convince me that was also another form of illegal alien but we ended sharing laugh and agreeing on the fact that she can better be called as an "undocumented alien"...lol.....everything else was fine, she was to the point and knew what she wanted to ask/talk. She chose not to update my form with new employer as the nature of job was same. I saw people who were called for the interview around 1.30 PM also got same day oath on request.
Did you take the oath on the same day ? Congratulations on becoming US citizen !

Name change

I have to partially disagree with falycon here. It all depends on your local DO. In my case, it's Atlanta GA so I cannot speak for other DO offices nationwide. In Atlanta, you can get the name change during the interview & in few hours take the oath & get it done that very same day :D

Yes, I took the oath at 2.00 PM the same day. There were 177 new citizens from 60 + countries. The ceremony was rather boring and they messed up the certificate hand-over arrangement (they usually give away certificates per seat numbers) and had to call each name out loud towards the end. I left the building sharp at 4.00 PM.

Did you take the oath on the same day ? Congratulations on becoming US citizen !

Yes, I was referring the Atlanta DO only as the IO asked me if I still insisted on having a name change and she can change the form accordingly. However, the Oath ceremonies are only held on monday, tuesday and wednesday I believe and anyone interviewed post 2.00 PM or thursday or friday will hafta make another trip to complete the Oath another day.

hth
Atul

I have to partially disagree with falycon here. It all depends on your local DO. In my case, it's Atlanta GA so I cannot speak for other DO offices nationwide. In Atlanta, you can get the name change during the interview & in few hours take the oath & get it done that very same day :D

Mail on Apr 06-2011
Recved by USCIS Apr 08-2011
PE Date Apr 11-2011
FP Request received Apr 19-2011
FP Complete Apr 26-2011
Yellow Letter - June 20
Interiew - Aug 16.

One more Question:
N400 - Yellow Letter Arrest Question without any arrest
I got yellow letter. The have requested two items:
1. My driver’s license
Second one is interesting
2. You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrest and any other incidents in
E been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how
resolved.
I was never arrested and did not fill application stating that I am arrested. I only had a traffic citation for not stopping at school bus, contested in court and judge moved this charge to non-moving violation and paid fine.

Tell me what I need to do?

Hey OhNoo, There should be no problem if explain facts in the interview.

Can you put in the forum the date you got interview letter so that we can know the time gap between interview letter and actual interview date.?
Thanks and good luck in your interview.

We have our interview coming up this Thursday? Are there Oath ceremonies in ATLANTA on Thursdays? If not, when are we likely to have the Oath Ceremony - following week?