05/31/2011 : Priority Date
06/09/2011 : Rec. FP Letter
06/23/2011 : FP Scheduled
06/17/2011 : Early Walkin FP Done
06/22/2011 : Status changed to 'Testing & Interview'
--/--/2011 : Yellow Letter Rcvd Date
--/--/2011: Interview Date
--/--/2011: Oath

Hmm....yes, probably do an infopass if possible. I filed on Feb 22 and received my interview letter last week. The actual interview is scheduled for July 25th.

Nothing since April... is it time to call USCIS yet? Thanks for your feedback.

Hey folks, adding my stuff in here for Atlanta, I am getting REALLY nervous!!! I know is not excuse but with school in the middle of summer and moving and work is getting crazy I just haven't make it right. The moving part still doesn't worry me THAT much because I still can get my mail from my old address until mid July. I applied online for my change of address (back in early June) but of course I put somewhere my confirmation number for the actual change of address on my case (I do have my AR11 - why can't they do the same time for the application address change?). I called and they say I should wait 30 days...which are going to be next week. Anyway, I had an INFOPASS for last week and I was late for 15 min and they didn't let me in. So I have another one for next week to check I haven't miss something.
Timeline:
May 10,2011 Confirmation of my application has been received email/sms
May 24,2011 Fingerprint appointment mailed
June 03,2011 Fingerprints done (as per appointment)
June 07,2011 Status change to "testing and interview" ....and nothing since then.

Everything seem so FAST comparing on how my I-485 was...this was like WAOW! but now is going back to the status of "yeah right, how long now?" Should I be concern? for some reason I think I got that FP done really fast by luck...perhaps somebody cancelled and they get my case in, but then went back to the in-line for the office?

Cherr1985,

I think a few of us are in the same situation, where we had fast fingerprint turn arounds. However, I am beginining to think the appointments are made by receipt date and not when the finger prints are cleared. Therefore, my wife recently received a visa and had her fingerprints processed. Like you; I thought my case was moving super fast but now I am waiting for an appointment. The average interview date appears to be only 5-10 days after the status change, but ours will be longer. How long is anyone's guess.

Please post here if and when you here anythnig new and I will do the same. My status change was 6/22/11, but the receipt date was around 5/28.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Hey folks, adding my stuff in here for Atlanta, I am getting REALLY nervous!!! I know is not excuse but with school in the middle of summer and moving and work is getting crazy I just haven't make it right. The moving part still doesn't worry me THAT much because I still can get my mail from my old address until mid July. I applied online for my change of address (back in early June) but of course I put somewhere my confirmation number for the actual change of address on my case (I do have my AR11 - why can't they do the same time for the application address change?). I called and they say I should wait 30 days...which are going to be next week. Anyway, I had an INFOPASS for last week and I was late for 15 min and they didn't let me in. So I have another one for next week to check I haven't miss something.
Timeline:
May 10,2011 Confirmation of my application has been received email/sms
May 24,2011 Fingerprint appointment mailed
June 03,2011 Fingerprints done (as per appointment)
June 07,2011 Status change to "testing and interview" ....and nothing since then.

Everything seem so FAST comparing on how my I-485 was...this was like WAOW! but now is going back to the status of "yeah right, how long now?" Should I be concern? for some reason I think I got that FP done really fast by luck...perhaps somebody cancelled and they get my case in, but then went back to the in-line for the office?

Thanks Malcom, it makes me feel better. I went last week for an INFOPASS but I got late...I have been working my a$$ off lately and I couldn't leave on time. The line was huge with so many people going for their interviews or oath...and people with lawyers...it was a mess, until I was about there and they look the clock and they were like "you are too late". I even didn't beg I just ran to my phone and make the earliest appointment available and I am taking half day off is necessary. Still nothing has come up in the mail since I (fortunately) can still get it from my old address, I checked again today. I have never missed anything from USCIS even when I moved during my I-485 but as you say...how long? is anyone's guess. I have seen in 2010 moved suddenly faster then slower...2011 is so random. I just thought this wait will be less stressing after the I-485, but with USCIS? who was I kidding eh?

My update:

06/08/2011 : Received Date
06/08/2011 : Priority Date
06/10/2011 : Ch. cashed
06/10/2011 : Notice Date
07/01/2011 : Early Walkin FP Done

here is my situation... take a look at my timeline and what I have so far... been waiting for IL since April.

here is the kicker - I just received am email and text that they have mailed me a notice for fingerprint today!!!!!!!!!! five months after filing, they are sending a notice to fingerprint!!!!!! after YL in April... is this normal??? what's going on here?

Feel free to offer any advice/suggestions. Thanks.

No, this surely is NOT normal. We all know with USCIS, normality is an exception and NOT a rule :p.

Here is what i think is happening. Lately I have been noticing that most folks are receiving biometric letters even if their last fingerprint on file was less than an year old. I suspect, it is more a norm to proceed with applicants' N-400 if fingerprints are already in file and is less than 16 months old like you said, but it is NOT a rule and different IO/DO sees it differently....I'd reckon there is nothing to worry about, its just that they want fresh new fingerprints and probably do another FBI namecheck to ensure your background is still clean.

here is my situation... take a look at my timeline and what I have so far... been waiting for IL since April.

here is the kicker - I just received am email and text that they have mailed me a notice for fingerprint today!!!!!!!!!! five months after filing, they are sending a notice to fingerprint!!!!!! after YL in April... is this normal??? what's going on here?

Feel free to offer any advice/suggestions. Thanks.

Interview went well!

01/20/2011 N-400 sent
01/21/2011 N-400 received
01 /26/2011 ck cashed
01/31/2011 - NOA received
01/27/2011 FP letter mailed
2/16/2011 FP done
05/31/2011 Email notifying that my case is being schedule for an interview
06/06/2011 IL
07/06/01 Interview passed! Going back st 2pm for oath ceremony

thank you for the advices!

Jobs moved - Interview Questions?

Hello,

My interview is scheduled on Aug 2, 2011. I moved to another job in the same or a similar occupational classification before getting the GC and AOS has been on file for
more than 180 days. In N400 application, I never mentioned that I worked in my GC sponsored company. Within 4 months I switched the jobs after I received the GC. Is there any issues during interview?

I have my interview on Aug 4th: I have couple of questions - please help!!

I need clarification on the below documents?
1) Driving record transcript from DMV (I dont have any tickets - do i still need this?)
2) Original IRS 1722 letter (I have the tax account transcripts - is this sufficient or do i need to ask for 1722 also?)

Thanks

Hi cbamidimarri

Original posted by Cbamidimarri
"'I have my interview on Aug 4th: I have couple of questions - please help!!

1) Driving record transcript from DMV (I dont have any tickets - do i still need this?)
2) Original IRS 1722 letter (I have the tax account transcripts - is this sufficient or do i need to ask for 1722 also?) "[/COLOR]

Can you put your time line on the forum so that I can know the processing time taken from N400 receipt date to interview date. I am presently in the Testing and interview stage for the last one month.
Wish you good luck in your interview.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) If you have NO tickets, u DO NOT need it.
2) Tax account transcripts should suffice.

hth

2) Original IRS 1722 letter (I have the tax account transcripts - is this sufficient or do i need to ask for 1722 also?)

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Cbamidimarri,
Can you post your time line to understand the time taken from N400 date to interview .
Thanks.

Hey sorry to not post in a week!
Anyway I went for INFOPASS (wazimo thanks for asking!), and it went well although I had to deal with an officer who was really mad at how slow the process is now...
Anyway I am not schedule yet. They did my change of address correctly (good!), but now I am still waiting and it's too slow.
I did another infopass in two weeks and I will recheck everything again.

So far that's it...she just said that Altanta has gone really slow because they are taking care of Alabama and Mississippi now.

Have you received something else Wazimo?

Congrats Dana! I am glad you are done with that!

Last edited by a moderator:
God some news what's going on in ATL. A friend of mine got her interview and oath yesterday, and she was told by the officer that Atlanta got really backlog now. She said that she was desperate for news because she applied at the end of January and until June she received her YL and then the interview notice. That they are receiving North and South Carolina, Alabama and Mississippi...so we Georgians...will be waiting for long. This is absolutely ridiculeous!