Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Hi, first of all CONGRATS!!!!! You mentioned in one of your post that you are from Birmingham. Did they asked you to take oath in Atlanta?

Yes. I was told I'd be taking the oath today. No other option given or mentioned.

So Oath in Atlanta. T minus 1 hour 13 min.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yellow Letter Received (declared 1 Driving Ticket)

I received my YL in mail today. It asks the following:

1. State issued Driver's License
  2. "You indicated in your application that you have been arrested....bring originals of all arreest records and court dispositions".

Actually, I never said I was arrested. I clearly indicated in my application that it was a speeding ticket that was paid and resolved including the day the fine was paid and the amount that was paid.

I hope this is standard template and I don't need to worry about it because I was never arrested.

Any opinions?

completed my interview and oath together about 40 min ago. 250 people from 67 countries took the oath today at the Atlanta field office.

My interview was @ 1:15pm. Got there around 1:00 . Called in @ 1:15 exactly. interview lasted till 1:25. Asked to wait. Lady came out and handed me the oath appointment for 1:44. I just stayed there for 20 min and moved to the waiting area for oath. Done with oath around 3:00. They wait for morning folks which are scheduled for oath to arrive till 2:30.

So your wife should be fine coming in for 12:15 PM interview

I received my YL in mail today. It asks the following:

1. State issued Driver's License
  2. "You indicated in your application that you have been arrested....bring originals of all arreest records and court dispositions".

Actually, I never said I was arrested. I clearly indicated in my application that it was a speeding ticket that was paid and resolved including the day the fine was paid and the amount that was paid.

I hope this is standard template and I don't need to worry about it because I was never arrested.

Any opinions?

I received a similar YL, with the exact same language for my "arrest". In my case, I had a citation for a local ordinance violation, and I paid a fine for it. I guess since the original question on N-400 lumps cited/detained/arrested in one single bucket, this is their standard language for requesting relevant documents.

My interview was @ 1:15pm. Got there around 1:00 . Called in @ 1:15 exactly. interview lasted till 1:25. Asked to wait. Lady came out and handed me the oath appointment for 1:44. I just stayed there for 20 min and moved to the waiting area for oath. Done with oath around 3:00. They wait for morning folks which are scheduled for oath to arrive till 2:30.

So your wife should be fine coming in for 12:15 PM interview

My interview was also at Atlanta, at 1:15pm. Got there around 12:45pm. Was checked in promptly and then sat in the waiting room, waited ... waited. Interview started around 2:30pm. Ended up with an Oath letter for the end of the following week.

So ... best of luck to rpranesh's wife, that she may have an experience like pink_citizen. But this is not under the applicant's control.

Last edited by a moderator:
My oath was today at 2 pm also... But it was 134 applicants from 53 countries... On the second floor...

Anyways! I'm a US Citizen! The certificate is the most beautiful piece of paper I've ever seen!

My wife went @ 11AM for 12.15PM interview and got called in @ 11.15AM. She finished her interview @ 11.25 and was asked to wait for the same day oath letter. Had to wait for an hour to get it. She completed her Oath and was out by 3PM.

passed the test an hour ago.interview was smooth, in and out for less than 10mins,my story start from 7 o'clock today,got there around7;30,got inside 8;05.then waiting for name to be called for about hour and half.:mad:.the interviewer was an African american lady very professional.question were asked are:
1 What do call the first the amendments to the constitution?
2 How many amendments does the constitution have?
3 We elect a president for how many years?
4 Who lived in america before the Europeans arrived?
5 When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
6 Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.
The documents were asked are: NP ,DL ,GC and Selective Service Acknowledgment (they made cope of it,i'm glad i have it with me today)
anyway this is my story,i will attend for oath ceremony @2pm today.
Good luck to all of you and Thank you for all of your supported.

I'm new here and I'm going to have my interview next Wednesday.

I just wanted to know if I can take my cellphone and purse inside the building?

Fellows,

I just had my interview today. IO was very professional. It went well, no surprises. She asked me my job and time spent outside the USA. She acknowledged that because of my approved N-470, the time spent outside the USA will be counted towards my neutralization process. I passed the English and Civic test. She wanted to review the case in more detail and assured me that she will make a decision within a week and I will receive a positive response at the end of week and if I do not hear from her at the end of the week then scheuld an infopass.

07/10/2010 : N400 Received
07/17/2010 : Checks Cashed
07/20/2010 : NOA Rec. [07/17/2010]
07/22/2010 : Case updated online w/ RFE
07/26/2010 : FP notice recieved - appt 08/11/2010
07/27/2010 : FP done - walk in.
09/13/2010 : YL Recieved