Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Yes. When I was there for my interview they scheduled a special oath at 4pm for a bunch of folks from AL, so they wouldn't need to return the following day. You should certainly ask in your interview if you can do that.

thanks. I sure hope they do this.

THIS is IT!!!

received my wife's interview letter. it is on dec 2nd, at 12:05p. i haven't received mine yet.

what is the atlanta cutoff for same day interview? thanks.

This is it!!! Got interview letters for both myself (Dec 2nd, 10:00AM), and my wife (Dec 2nd 10:45AM). We'll probably make the same day oath if all goes well.
IL asks for several stuff related to the case but the CFR(yellow letter) just wanted Drivers license. Just confused if i have to take anything for selective service as asked in IL letter? I came to the country when i was 18 in 1991 and was on F-1 Visa? Please let me know if my I-20 would be sufficent as i don't recall registering for selective service.
thanks.

This is it!!! Got interview letters for both myself (Dec 2nd, 10:00AM), and my wife (Dec 2nd 10:45AM). We'll probably make the same day oath if all goes well.
IL asks for several stuff related to the case but the CFR(yellow letter) just wanted Drivers license. Just confused if i have to take anything for selective service as asked in IL letter? I came to the country when i was 18 in 1991 and was on F-1 Visa? Please let me know if my I-20 would be sufficent as i don't recall registering for selective service.
thanks.

Congratulations. I also got my IL yesterday scheduling the date for December 1st.
BTW, did you get an additonal document called Interview Document Checklist: N-659? I got this letter in addition to my interview letter.

For selcetive service I would call SSS and ask them if registration was required at that time. But I think you did not need to register anyway.

Interview and Oath Completed

When the interview began, the officer first asked for my birth certificate which I had taken with me.

Is your birth certificate written in English? My interview letter does not mention birth certificate and it is not in English, anyway.

Shall I take it with me?

Congratulations!

tufan said:
thanks.
You don't need to have SSS confirmation; you were older than 26 in 2004 - that's what counts (PR date). I assume you have never been out of status between 1991 and 1999 - if you were you'd have to register.

IL Received for my Wife

Hi All,
Me and my wife applied for Citizenship and priority date is: Aug 20th. My wife received interview letter yesterday. Interview is scheduled on Dec 7th at 9:25AM.

Congratulations. I also got my IL yesterday scheduling the date for December 1st.
BTW, did you get an additonal document called Interview Document Checklist: N-659? I got this letter in addition to my interview letter.

For selcetive service I would call SSS and ask them if registration was required at that time. But I think you did not need to register anyway.

I also got additional letters N-659 doc checklist with both the Interview letters. After reading it appears that it is a standard list of things to do and just to be prepared in case we missed out on anything. It's odd when they send you CFR letter requesting driver's license you would think nothing else is required but they still want you to bring other stuff? Odd hmm..!!:rolleyes:

I got your and eltoro's response to Selective service, and i agree i was not required, but only thing i have is to prove with my I-20. Is there anything else i need to prove with? The way it's worded in N-659 it is tricky!!!

Eltoro what is the difference between passport copy and book? Why did you apply for both?

Last edited by a moderator:
the form N-659 asks for "all passports and travel documents (including expired and current)". does this mean AP (advance parole) as well? is AP a travel document? i think i still have these old APs. just wondering - better safe than sorry.

Got my NOA today

N-400 mailed: Oct 26th 2009
N-400 received: RD: Oct 28th 2009
N-400 PD: Oct 30th 2009
NOA received: Nov 5th 2009
More to come....

Are there any September or early October filers who have received their finger print notice? I sent my application the first week in October but haven't received a Biometrics notice. Most of the earlier filers received theirs within two-three weeks. I just don't want to miss an appointment.

Thanks.

Interview!

Wowwww

"Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled."

I never received the Yellow letter everybody's talking about.
My application was sent 09/09.(less than 2 months ago)
F.P done 10/13

Anyadvices regarding the yellow letter?

From what i have read in the forum, along with the Interview Letter you get s standard N-659 ( documents checklist ), not everyone gets the Yellow Letter.

Atleast, i never did. I got the Interview Letter Notice in the mail and in the same envelope there was a two sided sheet with a heading N-659 Documents for Naturalization Interview ( Guess you have to go through that list and start gathering what is applicable to your case !

Hope this helps and i have not confused you all the more :):)

Are either one of the names correct for Georgia US Senators?
Senator Saxby Chambliss
Senator Johnny Isakson

For Georgia US representative?
John Lewis
John Linder

I went to following link to find U.S. representative based upon my zipcode: http://www.house.gov/htbin/zipfind
here's what i found for zip code - 30341-1662
Tom Price (R)

Is this correct? Do we only need to memorize one? thanks.

I live in Dunwoody, GA. Who would be the US representative in my case?
thanks.

I was looking for the name of my US representative too and found this information for you:

Based on the name of the city you live, you should belong to the 6th district with house of representative Tom Price:

Under the redistricting plan in effect for the 2006, 2008, and 2010 elections for the United States House of Representatives, DeKalb is the only county in the state to be split among four congressional districts. Geographically, most of DeKalb is contained within the 4th District, while western portions of the county are in the 5th District, northern portions are in the 6th District, and the southwestern corner is in the 13th District.

I was looking for the name of my US representative too and found this information for you:

Based on the name of the city you live, you should belong to the 6th district with house of representative Tom Price:

[/I]

Thanks Ncnat, i found the same info based upon zip code....
I went to following link to find U.S. representative based upon my zipcode: http://www.house.gov/htbin/zipfind
here's what i found for zip code - 30341-1662
Tom Price (R)

Recd. SMS - cases sent for standard interview

Recd sms and emails today morning for cases sent for standard interview.