Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Interview and Oath Completed

Had to wait for about an hour beyond the scheduled interview time. Was asked for PP, Green card and License. When the interview began, the officer first asked for my birth certificate which I had taken with me. He wanted to verify the name and make sure that it matches what would be in the naturalization certificate. He then confirmed item by item from the N400 app - name, address, date of birth, SSN, employer. I had mentioned a minor traffic citation. He asked for court disposition, but I just had the citation copy and original receipt of the fine I paid. He said it was ok. I gave an updated travel sheet as I had traveled 4 times after filing N400. He said the system flagged an alert since I had said 'yes' to cited/arrested question. So he had to file a separate sheet explaining that it is just a traffic citation and the fine had been paid for. He said while he appreciated me for being honest, it triggered some unnecessary rules in the system. He then moved on to the civics test and the reading/writing test. He confirmed my name once again as it would appear in the nat. certificate. He asked me to write my full name in lower case on the photos and the N400 form. He then finally congratulated me for passing the interview and asked me to wait for the oath letter for the 2 pm ceremony.

Everyone got seated for the 2 pm ceremony by about 2.30 or so. But the ceremony only started at 3 and finished by 3.30. It was a long day and finally everything has come to a happy ending.

Congragulations !!!

What time was your interview ?

Thanks

Interview and Oath Completed

Had to wait for about an hour beyond the scheduled interview time. Was asked for PP, Green card and License. When the interview began, the officer first asked for my birth certificate which I had taken with me. He wanted to verify the name and make sure that it matches what would be in the naturalization certificate. He then confirmed item by item from the N400 app - name, address, date of birth, SSN, employer. I had mentioned a minor traffic citation. He asked for court disposition, but I just had the citation copy and original receipt of the fine I paid. He said it was ok. I gave an updated travel sheet as I had traveled 4 times after filing N400. He said the system flagged an alert since I had said 'yes' to cited/arrested question. So he had to file a separate sheet explaining that it is just a traffic citation and the fine had been paid for. He said while he appreciated me for being honest, it triggered some unnecessary rules in the system. He then moved on to the civics test and the reading/writing test. He confirmed my name once again as it would appear in the nat. certificate. He asked me to write my full name in lower case on the photos and the N400 form. He then finally congratulated me for passing the interview and asked me to wait for the oath letter for the 2 pm ceremony.

Everyone got seated for the 2 pm ceremony by about 2.30 or so. But the ceremony only started at 3 and finished by 3.30. It was a long day and finally everything has come to a happy ending.

Any August filers got IL status change yet? It's been almost 1 month since I got the yellow letter yet but no IL yet. I am so curious what is going on.

August at a HALT

Any August filers got IL status change yet? It's been almost 1 month since I got the yellow letter yet but no IL yet. I am so curious what is going on.
Bilip, it's been 2 weeks since i received the yellow letters and there is just no word as yet? :rolleyes: My online status still reflects RFE. hope something comes soon as i have no clue what's going on...!! August has been stand still!!

Bilip, it's been 2 weeks since i received the yellow letters and there is just no word as yet? :rolleyes: My online status still reflects RFE. hope something comes soon as i have no clue what's going on...!! August has been stand still!!

I was hoping to get letters sooner because mimi got already and he applied only one week before me. but this means we should not expect ID in November before thanksgiving. I am going to wait till first week of November and call USCIS if I don't get anything by that time.

It seems everything stopped in Aug 1st! has ANYONE at all from Aug here gotten the IL????

I'm waiting for Nov16 is not getting here soon enough lol

It seems everything stopped in Aug 1st! has ANYONE at all from Aug here gotten the IL????

I'm waiting for Nov16 is not getting here soon enough lol

Good news!
No IL yet but my case status changed today stating my case has been sent to interview. That means USCIS is moving on for August filers.

Good news!
No IL yet but my case status changed today stating my case has been sent to interview. That means USCIS is moving on for August filers.
Congrats and thanks for updating. Since your RD is 8/6 and mine is 8/11, i am hoping i see some activity next week as far as notification and interview early 2nd weekof Dec.

BTW, as of late afternoon status remains RFE for me. Did you receive any emails, not sure if you registered?

SMS and Emails received for Interview

Hello Folks,

Here's some good news from your tufan on Oct 30th, 2009! It's 6:20AM and i am just up since i have BIG day today. I have a surgery scheduled for today, and just to add to my happiness, :)i recieved 2 separate SMS's and 2 emails for both myself and spouse that our N-400 cases have been sent for a standard interview. Will be off for 5 days or so and once i get the IL letters in the mail will update you with the interview dates...

You all have been a great support! Tufan signing off!!:)

our online case status changed to interview as well. good luck to everyone and god bless!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got NOA

Hey every1... i'm a newbie to the forum... i recently applied for my citizenship and received NOA from lawyer... how do i figure out which office they sent my case to? it says NBC in my application... and on the bottom it says Lee's Summit, MO... but i don't see that on the uscis website... Also, how long does it take to get the interview date?

Application Mailed: October 26th, 2009
Priority Date: October 28th, 2009
Check Cashed: October 29th, 2009
NOA Received: November 2nd, 2009

received my wife's interview letter. it is on dec 2nd, at 12:05p. i haven't received mine yet.

what is the atlanta cutoff for same day oath? thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, i am from out of state (alabama). do they give some consideration for that? it is a 4 hour drive for me to ATL.

Yes. When I was there for my interview they scheduled a special oath at 4pm for a bunch of folks from AL, so they wouldn't need to return the following day. You should certainly ask in your interview if you can do that.