Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Haha Tufan! count the days from my FP to the day I got my IL and get an stimate time.....that's all the help I can give you! It looks like they stopped on July applicants as you have seen people who went to the interviews said there WAS A LOT of people at the interview/oath so I bet there is a long line of people before you. Don't lose hope hehe =)

Green Card Date - 01/07/2005

D/O Atlanta

10/09 - N-400 Delivered
10/14 - Check Cashed
10/17 - Received I-797C NOA
??? - Fingerprint appt

Tell me about it??? Maybe you guys need to pray for all August filers and thereafter. Where is the Magic Wand!!! :( Please....somebody do something!:confused:

I hoping if TMC and Bilip2000 gets something then maybe some luck will come to me....

Sorry Tufan, I got no sign for interview yet. But what I've learnt is Atlanta DO's workload has increased in August as far as I saw from USCIS website.

Bulls SHOUTSSSSSSSSS and YELLLLSSSSSS

(Only 'cause MIMI said, it is so quiet in here)

Aw thanks haha!

I'm starting to get excited for my day, I'm booking a hotel room this weekend for the weekend of my interview so I can relax before my interview =) (I'm 6 hours away from Atlanta) hehe

Juney,

Regarding name change for you wife, as long as she is changing her current maiden last name to your last name based on marriage, there will be no problem.
Remember, it is only last name, but if it involves first or middle name change, then you may have to through court.

Yes it involves just last name change
She will swap her last name with mine

I had already booked tickets for international travel with the new name and I am hoping everything is taken care on the same day

Juney,

Regarding name change for you wife, as long as she is changing her current maiden last name to your last name based on marriage, there will be no problem.
Remember, it is only last name, but if it involves first or middle name change, then you may have to through court.

Juney make sure she changes her name on her license too, my future mother in law had a different name on her license and had to change her license for her real name, in her case she has always used her middle name as her first, but on her birth cert is how it really should be, well at the time she needed to get her passport she had to change it to the real name on her license like her birth certificate so it all matches with the passport =)

Make sure she carries her original birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Do you know any applicant from Atlanta DO who recently had interview with name change request and is waiting for oath ceremony letter?

Yes it involves just last name change
She will swap her last name with mine

I had already booked tickets for international travel with the new name and I am hoping everything is taken care on the same day

I know a couple of my friends (their wives ) had their last name changed and all of them had their Oath on the same day
I have heard that all Oaths in Atl DO are judicial Oaths and name changes can go thru Oaths on the same day unlike other DO's

Make sure she carries her original birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Do you know any applicant from Atlanta DO who recently had interview with name change request and is waiting for oath ceremony letter?

No, that is not true. Atlanta same day oaths are not judicial oath. Only last name changes that is due to marriage can be done without judge being present.
Anything else has to go through court order.

I know a couple of my friends (their wives ) had their last name changed and all of them had their Oath on the same day
I have heard that all Oaths in Atl DO are judicial Oaths and name changes can go thru Oaths on the same day unlike other DO's

Sorry Tufan, I got no sign for interview yet. But what I've learnt is Atlanta DO's workload has increased in August as far as I saw from USCIS website.

Bilip you are correct, i also noticed that # of total pending cases have increased to 2145 from July in the Atlanta DO. July all other pending cases were 5321. The Chart has started trending up when you look for N-400 Non-Military Cases.

Month & Year=August09
All Other Pending=7466
Awaiting customer action=226
Completions=118
Receipts=1545

Last edited by a moderator:
Tufan, where did you get this information

Thanks

Bilip you are correct, i also noticed that # of total pending cases have increased to 2145 from July in the Atlanta DO. July all other pending cases were 5321. The Chart has started trending up when you look for N-400 Non-Military Cases.

Month & Year=August09
All Other Pending=7466
Awaiting customer action=226
Completions=118
Receipts=1545

No, that is not true. Atlanta same day oaths are not judicial oath. Only last name changes that is due to marriage can be done without judge being present.
Anything else has to go through court order.

Yes, this is correct. I wanted to do a name change but I would have had to wait for an oath ceremony at the court which is only done 4 times per year!!! Apparently after receiving citizenship one can take the marriage certificate when applying for a US passport and change the last name this way, according to my lawyer.....

Let me clarify something, Last name changes that is due to marriage can be done without judge being present on the same day of interview at Atlanta DO
I have known several people have done this and I am not sure what you guys talking about

Yes, this is correct. I wanted to do a name change but I would have had to wait for an oath ceremony at the court which is only done 4 times per year!!! Apparently after receiving citizenship one can take the marriage certificate when applying for a US passport and change the last name this way, according to my lawyer.....

AtlantaGA,

I and Juney are saying the same thing. If you are only changing your last name (not the first and middle)
based on your marriage as long as you have your birth and marriage certificate, you don't have to go to
court. The immigration officer will do it at the time of interview and you will have same day oath.

Let me clarify something, Last name changes that is due to marriage can be done without judge being present on the same day of interview at Atlanta DO
I have known several people have done this and I am not sure what you guys talking about