Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Hi everybody,
I sent my N400 application on 09/11. Check cashed 3 days later.
Yesterday I received the following email "On September 25, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.
I sent everything they need and they don't need.
What can it be?
Do they send any message/email when they send fingerprints letter?
Thank u

I had the same message for my case filed July.

It is the FP notice and it was confirmed by my inquiry

'We apologize for the error on USCIS Case Status Online that states you were mailed an RFE notice requesting additional evidence on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. This is a service error. The notice that was mailed out was your Biometric Appointment Notice with your local ASC which you may have already attended. Your application is currently pending and will be worked in the order it was received by USCIS. Again we apologize for the error and any inconvenience it may have caused you.'

Hi everybody,
I sent my N400 application on 09/11. Check cashed 3 days later.
Yesterday I received the following email "On September 25, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.
I sent everything they need and they don't need.
What can it be?
Do they send any message/email when they send fingerprints letter?
Thank u

I see there are 2 or 3 users with interviews this week and a few next week....

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!! We can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Interview this week

Folks

My interview is this Thursday Oct, 1 at 1p and I need to know few things, so please share your experience and knowledge:

1. How long the traditionally interview lasts? Also do they finish oath ceremony the same day?

2. I plan to bring original docs to the interview but not sure if I need to carry photo copies as well! Please advise. I also have 4 old expired passport. Do I need to carry copies of all of them or the copy of current/active pp would do? Do I need to carry any docs of my wife or daughter i.e. Drivers License etc?

3. What if I am asked "How long I stayed with the employer who sponsored my Green Card". This is a weird one and I am not sure how I answer that and what the impacts are!! I was 1.5 years into the GC process during the recession of 2002 and got laid-off but I was able to get a job within the same week. Please share your knowledge?

Thank you so much.

Received CFR (Yellow ) letter today

Today wife recieved CFR letter.

The letter was mailed from MO , dated 9/23 and post marked 9/24 .

The following documets were requested

1, Drivers licence
2, 2 Photos
3, Green Card
4, Proof of name change if current name different form GC (we requested a last name change in our application)

New application

DO Atlanta,GA
N-400 Details:-
09/21/09- N-400 Application Mailed
09/23/09- Received in Lewisville, TX
09/24/09- PD
09/28/09- NOA received

Today wife recieved CFR letter.

The letter was mailed from MO , dated 9/23 and post marked 9/24 .

The following documets were requested

1, Drivers licence
2, 2 Photos
3, Green Card
4, Proof of name change if current name different form GC (we requested a last name change in our application)

Hey Juney, did you know if her online status changed, or does it say RFE generated? So i assume that you guys have to bring these documents to the interview or mail photocopies to USCIS before the interview? Just confused!

Tufan,
The online status has not changed and it still says RFE (since day 10)

The letter clearly says do not mail and bring them to interview if not already submitted with application

Hey Juney, did you know if her online status changed, or does it say RFE generated? So i assume that you guys have to bring these documents to the interview or mail photocopies to USCIS before the interview? Just confused!

Don't be! IT looks like things are moving quicker, a lot of ppl are getting letters etc now...not every case is the same you should know this by now haha! Hey I take a yellow letter! LOL

Don't be! IT looks like things are moving quicker, a lot of ppl are getting letters etc now...not every case is the same you should know this by now haha! Hey I take a yellow letter! LOL

True. I hope the May hiccup I got caught in is now gone and things will move smoother for you guys.