Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

The national average for citizenship is less than 4 months now and Atlanata DO has been one of the slowest.

Atlanta is pretty consistently averaging four and a half months, which isn't too bad. When you figure that one can file 90 days in advance in most cases, we're talking about a potential delay of five weeks after eligibility. That's not bad at all.

BTW I have been in the US for more than12 years unlike someone who came here a few years ago

As have I.

Hey Guys...
Check out the new USCIS website.. .... !!
I think the concept of FLASH cards it's pretty neat to learn 100 Naturalization questions...
http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-623_red.pdf

In addition, i noticed that the new charts and timeline shows that Atlanta is in par with National Average/Goal of 5 months of processing time. Atleast, that's what they want us to believe. Also, i noticed that they are giving more explanation (although a standard message) for RFE, and Interview date and testing. For me it says that RFE was generated on August 24th. But like you guys said that it was for FP's, so i am not sure why can't they specify fingerprints seperately as supppose to make it as part of RFE? Any thoughts?

You could also now register and get text message if anytime your case status changes!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Georgiaperson and N400 had their online statuses changed early last week and should receive their interview letters this week
I am curious to know the their interview dates. I am guessing they should have the interviews on 10/19 or the week after

Folks, my interview is scheduled on Thu Oct 1, 2009 and I wonder if I need to take my daughter along as well. She is shown as dependent in my N-400 application. I prefer to not cut her school hours unless really required. Please advise.

Thanks

Someone on the Visa Journey website says they mailed their N400 (DO Atlanta) on 08/20/09 and fingerprinting is scheduled for 10/09/09!! That seems longer than most people!

Also several people from the August N400 on this website have already received IL!!

I am not sure how the interview scheduling process in Atl DO works

I have seen applicants from May, June and even July all are getting interviews in the month of October (1, 6, 14, 19 and 26 are the days I have seen so far)

My PD is July 27 and I very nervous whether I will be able to get an interview in the month of November.

Any one has a better insight on how the scheduling process works ??

Juney- It looks like we will be interviewed in Nov or early Dec for what I've seen on here...I'm getting excited! haha

I will be fine as long as the interview is in the month of Nov
I should plan for disaster if it gets in to December

keeping my fingers crossed

Any one have their case status changed from the RFE crap message.
Also any got the yellow letter???

Juney- It looks like we will be interviewed in Nov or early Dec for what I've seen on here...I'm getting excited! haha

I will be fine as long as the interview is in the month of Nov
I should plan for disaster if it gets in to December

keeping my fingers crossed

Any one have their case status changed from the RFE crap message.
Also any got the yellow letter???

Hey Juney, your time line/RD is same is NovaCitizen who's interveiw is scheduled for 10/26, and his fingerprints were done on 8/5, unlike yours on 8/20. So keeping that in mind if you keep yourself two/three weeks out your ID date should be week of Nov 17th...!!! That's just my forecast, although i do hope you get it sooner. BTW, my status has not changed from RFE and i have signed up for the automated email and SMS and i don't even bother checking everyday..!! Cheers

Hopefully mine is around Thanksgiving because I will be in Atlanta anyway haha.....speaking of, Im sure they are off those couple of days...not so good, for people like us waiting if we havent had the interview yet by then lol.

I guess Atlanta DO is the only location in the nation where July filers are still waiting to know their interview dates
Even NYC DO with highest immigrants is processing Aug filers

Hopefully mine is around Thanksgiving because I will be in Atlanta anyway haha.....speaking of, Im sure they are off those couple of days...not so good, for people like us waiting if we havent had the interview yet by then lol.