Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

My status hasn't "update" since the date they sent that RFE thing aka Fingerprinting letter, I see that some people's are updating every day.....I wonder why is this happening etc......:confused:

When I can apply for Citizenship

Please forgive me for the dumb question, but I am getting confused
on dates when I will be qualified to apply.

I got the GC on 12/31/2004, is that means I can apply for citizenship on
09/30/2009 ?

Thanks

yes you can mail your package on 9/30 as you qualify on 10/1 or 10/2

09/30/2009 ?

Thanks

Count backwards 90 calendar days from 12/31/2009 and I think it comes on 10/02/2009. To be safe, give yourself extra one week.

yes you can mail your package on 9/30 as you qualify on 10/1 or 10/2

09/30/2009 ?

Thanks

I don't think you require any document.

I received my Interview letter yesterday for Atlanta DO. It asked me to bring any document regarding the Selective Service. I did not register with Selective Service as I came to US first time after my 27th birthday and I did not have any Status Information Letter either. Do I have to get any status information letter .
Your help is appreciated.

My wife's IL arrived today. IL date is 10/14. Hope I will get mine tomorrow.

D/O: Atlanta,GA
06/02/09 : N-400 rec'd at TSC
06/06/09 : Check Cashed
06/08/09 : Notice Date
06/14/09 : FP Notice Received
06/26/09 : FP Appointment
07/28/09 : CFR letter
09/15/09 : Interview letter
10/14/09 : Interview Date

Surprised to receive the 'Case has been sent for standard interview' email today, just 7 days after the yellow letter. Based on everyone else's timeline, I was not expecting it for another month. Let us see if the IL follows in the next few days.

Applicants from other DOs usually get IL faster than Atlanta. I read from other posts that some August filers in different cities got their interview letter already. (I was wondering how?). But I think I should not expect IL letter before december.

I think Atlanta was under some backlog hence the delay. They might have cleared the backlog and is catching up. If you got email, you may get interview letter letter within a week of that email.

Surprised to receive the 'Case has been sent for standard interview' email today, just 7 days after the yellow letter. Based on everyone else's timeline, I was not expecting it for another month. Let us see if the IL follows in the next few days.

Applicants from other DOs usually get IL faster than Atlanta. I read from other posts that some August filers in different cities got their interview letter already. (I was wondering how?). But I think I should not expect IL letter before december.

Bilip2000 we both have same timeline as far as the PD date and FP dates. Earlier i was projecting IL date for december but with the current speed and seeing acitivtiy for "georgiaperso" and "n400atl" we should expect our interview letters in hand around mid november. Keeping fingers crossed!!

My PD is 7/28 & my FP is 8/20. I was initially expecting my interview in the first week of Dec now I am hoping to get it between nov 15 and 30.
I have an international trip on 12/10 and I desperately want my interview completed by November so that I have time to get my passport and visa
I have read some where that number of n400 applications is down 70 % so far this year and I think that has helped Atlanta to reduce their backlog

Also based on the interview pattern I believe Atlanta DO goes by PD (month).

QUOTE=tufan;2100040]Bilip2000 we both have same timeline as far as the PD date and FP dates. Earlier i was projecting IL date for december but with the current speed and seeing acitivtiy for "georgiaperso" and "n400atl" we should expect our interview letters in hand around mid november. Keeping fingers crossed!![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
My PD is 7/28 & my FP is 8/20. I was initially expecting my interview in the first week of Dec now I am hoping to get it between nov 15 and 30.
I have an international trip on 12/10 and I desperately want my interview completed by November so that I have time to get my passport and visa
I have read some where that number of n400 applications is down 70 % so far this year and I think that has helped Atlanta to reduce their backlog

Also based on the interview pattern I believe Atlanta DO goes by PD (month).

QUOTE=tufan;2100040]Bilip2000 we both have same timeline as far as the PD date and FP dates. Earlier i was projecting IL date for december but with the current speed and seeing acitivtiy for "georgiaperso" and "n400atl" we should expect our interview letters in hand around mid november. Keeping fingers crossed!!
[/QUOTE]

Same timeline for Juney, tufan, mimi1212, n400@atl, georgiaperson & bilip2000! I am sure there are others!!!! I hoping for CRIS emails by mid Oct and Interview date by mid november.:) Unless someone else wants to take another guess???

IL Received

05/29/09: N400 Application sent
06/03/09: N400Application received
06/08/09: Check cashed
06/25/09: FP Appointment notice Received
07/02/09: FP taken as sheduled
09/09/09: CRIS email about "This case has been sent for a standard interview"
09/16/09: IL letter received
10/14/09: Interview Scheduled for 12:25:cool:

Hey DonATL!!! Didn't I tell you, your interview will be before me... :) Congrats!!!

05/29/09: N400 Application sent
06/03/09: N400Application received
06/08/09: Check cashed
06/25/09: FP Appointment notice Received
07/02/09: FP taken as sheduled
09/09/09: CRIS email about "This case has been sent for a standard interview"
09/16/09: IL letter received
10/14/09: Interview Scheduled for 12:25:cool:

IL Update

Got my IL today - 10/14 @ 10:25 am.

Also, any insights on the quickest way to get a passport will be appreciated

D/O: Atlanta,GA
06/02/09 : N-400 rec'd at TSC
06/06/09 : Check Cashed
06/08/09 : Notice Date
06/14/09 : FP Notice Received
06/26/09 : FP Appointment
07/28/09 : CFR letter
09/15/09 : Interview letter
10/14/09 : Interview Date

I don't have the Birth Certificate

Hey All,

Recently someone that i know had their interview postponed because he did not have the birth certificate at the time of the interview? Later he brought the BC to the interview and N-400 was approved.

My concern is that i don't have the BC with me and at the time of GC i gave my school certificates and an affidavit from my parents? Just not sure if i the old affidavit would work when asked or am i going to need anything else? Please let me know.. thanks.