Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Just a quick question as to what is the good time to get the fingerprints taken, that too before the FP scheduled date? Is that true that you could be turnaround as you went before your scheduled date?

There is no guarantee you will be accepted. I tried it and was turned away by a very polite guard at the door. Someone else did not have my luck and was turned away rudely. Others made it in just fine. Apparently, according to the guard I spoke to, the best time to try is Wednesdays and Saturdays between 2 and 3 PM. Of course, there are no guarantees whatsoever that you'll be admitted.

Local DO: Atlanta, GA
05/30/09 (day 1) FEDEX N400 to Lewisville, TX
06/01/09 (day 3) Application Package Rec'd
06/01/09 (day 3) Priority Date
06/02/09 (day 4) Cashed Cheque
06/02/09 (day 4) NOA (I-797C) Date
06/08/09 (day 10) Rec'd Receipt Notice
06/17/09 (day 19) Rec'd Fingerprint Notice (I-797C dated 06/11/09)
06/18/09 (day 20) FP Completion Date
06/25/09 (day 27) Fingerprint Scheduled Date
07/27/09(day 59)Yellow CFR (Dated July 23rd)
XX/XX/09 Interview Notice Letter
XX/XX/09 Interview Date
XX/XX/09 Oath Letter Rec'd
XX/XX/09 Oath Ceremony

I'll let y'all know how mine goes. My appointment is for 10 AM so with a dose of bad luck I can get called past noon and be unable to attend same day oath.

Same day oaths

wow ... looks like there is a splurge of interviews coming up for Atlantans in this forum. Good luck to everyone.

Just so you guys know ... the same day oath cut off time is 1PM (Monday thru Thursday ... no oath ceremonies on Friday). If you complete your interview by 1PM and you dont have a complicated case like arrest records etc... most likely you will be in the oath at 2:30PM. This is what the supervisor announced to everyone waiting for the interview after 1PM when I was waiting for my oath ceremony couple of months ago.

Another note -- If you wait to be called in more than two hours after your interview time, you can request to speak to the supervisor about the delay. I remember my interview time was 10:45AM and when I wasn't called in until 12:30pm, I requested to talk to the supervisor ... but they called me in at around 12:45 and still able to take the same day oath.

@eltoro -- I am sure you will get the same day oath. Have fun!

@RC -- I guess you will have to wait until the next day for oath

Good luck everyone ...

got IL today. excited!!!Now i just have to look over those questions. 10/5/09 early morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
No FP notification

It has been almost 2weeks since i received the NOA, and usually the fingerprints notification follows within 1 week, but i have not received anything in the mail? Any thoughts? My be i am jumping the gun, but i have seen that whenever i post something on the forum something comes my way!!! Let it be :)