Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I am travelling to India from 01/22/2008 to 02/17/2008. With the dates progressing fast, I should get my checks cashed & receipt notification within the next 2 weeks (as Bobsmyth opines). If that's the case, my fingerprinting notice should come immediately thereafter with a FP date sometime during my India travel dates.

What options do I have? Can I request a postponement or should I try my luck with a walk-in?

Please advise. Thanks.

Depending on your DO, your FP notice may arrive at same time as NOA or several weeks after NOA. There are 2 possibilities in your case:
a) You receive FP appointment for a date while you're in India
b) You receive FP appointment for a date either before you go or after you return from India.

If scenario a occurs, then you can either call the number on FP notice to reschedule or try your luck and see if your FP center accepts walk-ins.

What part of India will you be visiting?

We are on the same boat!

Called the USCIS number , was told it can take from 60-90 days post Interview to get the Oath letter ( haven't seen that on this forum anywhere)

Does anyone know the process for scheduling Oath for people who are not lucky enough to get same day Oath's as myself ?

Wondering how long should I wait before doing an infopass ?

I have to first thank everyone in this forum for all the info and support. As you know dealing with INS is no small task and you guys have provided me with lots of great info and support. Thank you.
:)

Here are my dates:
DO: ATLANTA
PD: 05/18/2007
FP1: 06/26/2007
FP2: 07/19/2007
ID: 11/05/2007 (Interview scheduled after 1PM Passes...N-652...congrats)
ON: WAITING
OD: WATING

I wanted to drop you a line to ask you to keep me updated as I will as well on when you/I get oath notice. I was told 6-8 weeks and so far (past 6 week mark) and I have not heard from them yet.

I am too, wondering if I should get an infopass appointment but I am hesitating because on the N-652 it says contact after 120 days.
My life is reduced to waiting for the mail every single day and sometimes I check the box on sundays...:D
Guys, if you think we should get an infopass...plz share your thoughts.

Hope we hear from INS soon

Thank you in advance,

Sal

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Bobsmyth, for your detailed response. I am visiting Chennai and Bangalore, for sure. We will also go to Palani, Thanjavur, our native village called Puducheri (this is not Pondicherry), and probably, Tirupathi too. And, a trip to Delhi for an alumni get-together is in the works too. We plan to take it as it comes. India trips are always hectic, but thoroughly satisfying. Can never have enough of it.

Thanks for asking.

I have to first thank everyone in this forum for all the info and support. As you know dealing with INS is no small task and you guys have provided me with lots of great info and support. Thank you.
:)

Here are my dates:
DO: ATLANTA
PD: 05/18/2007
FP1: 06/26/2007
FP2: 07/19/2007
ID: 11/05/2007 (Interview scheduled after 1PM Passes...N-652...congrats)
ON: WAITING
OD: WATING

I wanted to drop you a line to ask you to keep me updated as I will as well on when you/I get oath notice. I was told 6-8 weeks and so far (past 6 week mark) and I have not heard from them yet.

I am too, wondering if I should get an infopass appointment but I am hesitating because on the N-652 it says contact after 120 days.
My life is reduced to waiting for the mail every single day and sometimes I check the box on sundays...:D
Guys, if you think we should get an infopass...plz share your thoughts.

Hope we hear from INS soon

Thank you in advance,

Sal

You certainly can get an Infopass, although it may be of limited value if your application is stuck with others waiting for an oath date.
Hang in there, don't let it drive you crazy waiting for your oath date.

Thanks, Bobsmyth, for your detailed response. I am visiting Chennai and Bangalore, for sure. We will also go to Palani, Thanjavur, our native village called Puducheri (this is not Pondicherry), and probably, Tirupathi too. And, a trip to Delhi for an alumni get-together is in the works too. We plan to take it as it comes. India trips are always hectic, but thoroughly satisfying. Can never have enough of it.

Thanks for asking.

Wow, sounds like a busy schedule. Have a safe trip. Tamil Nadu is a beautiful place :)

Is there anyone from September who has received NOA?

-Swadesh

Sent N-400 TSC 10/02/07
Check cashed 12/21/07
Notice Date - xx/xx/xxxx
Priority Date - xx/xx/xxxx
Notice (of receipt) received - xx/xx/xxxx
FP notice xx/xx/xx

Hi Saladine ,

We are exactly in the same boat , My interview time was 1:20 p.m ( didn't happen until 2:15 p.m)

wait everyday for the OATH letter , one of those things which you try and not to think about too much , however having come so close to getting this over , just can't do it !

I would have done an infopass if I were in Atlanta ( currently away on a project ) , however it does say the 120 day rule as the cust service confirmed , so I will give it a few more weeks

were you specifically told 6-8 weeks ? , wondering if the Atlanta DO has a special day reserved for people like us , or it is done with the Daily Oaths....

Glad to have come across you , lets keep talking !

Hi Swadesh,

You had your interview in september and you still didn't get your NOA?

Is your DO Atlanta?

Thank you for answering.

Sal

Thank you

You certainly can get an Infopass, although it may be of limited value if your application is stuck with others waiting for an oath date.
Hang in there, don't let it drive you crazy waiting for your oath date.

Thank you for you response. I agree, an infopass right now is not going to do me any good.

Please keep your thoughts coming.

Thank you,

Sal

Hi Swadesh,

You had your interview in september and you still didn't get your NOA?

Is your DO Atlanta?

Thank you for answering.

Sal

Saladine,

Not me must be someone else yes my my DO is Atlanta.

-Swadesh
Sent N-400 TSC 10/02/07
Check cashed 12/21/07
Notice Date - xx/xx/xxxx
Priority Date - xx/xx/xxxx
Notice (of receipt) received - xx/xx/xxxx
FP notice xx/xx/xx

Phantom moves like lightning !!

"Phantom moves like lightning!!" - remember those phantom comics? Well, TSC has been moving like phantom.

I saw in another forum (visajourney.com) - a person who had mailed his N400s to TSC on 11/17, received at TSC on 11/19 got his checks cashed on 12/28/2007 !!

At this rate, TSC might become current in receipting in a week or so!!

Wait for a spate of 'checks cashed' messages tomorrow and later this week :)

SAD , MAD and WAITING FOR THE OATH LETTER

I got my interview on Dec,19 at 12 pm. Everything went smooth and he gave me the 652 form saying I passed the exam. All processing took probably 7 min. He said I should get the oath ceremony letter in the mail. I asked why can’t I take the oath today and then he said there is no oath ceremony today. I asked when should I get it, he said he did not know. When I came out, I saw 6 or 7 people who just took the oath. I asked one of them how come they took the oath the same day. He said he is coming from SC, maybe it was the reason but he was surprised that we did not have the oath. I chatted with another lady who also was told to go home and wait for the letter. But her interviewer told her the first oath ceremony will be held in Feb. At that time I was ok. I wish I learned more info from the window officer. But I did not. Right now seeing people waiting for their oath for months makes me sick. What a lottery. Either you will be done in one day or wait for a letter which doesn’t have any timeframe. While you are postponing all your trips because the interview and the oath ceremony, they do not even give you a timeframe. We called the customer service number but no help. They said even going to info pass is useless because they do not put oath dates into system. They said ‘just wait’.

very sad. you should have had oath same day. I wish you will get your oath letter soon. what are your time lines. it will be helpful to others if you keep them as signature.

yo dude!

take it easy - u're very near / close to be @ the end of "the road" - relax and work on your party-plans instead... :cool:

I got my interview on Dec,19 at 12 pm. Everything went smooth and he gave me the 652 form saying I passed the exam. All processing took probably 7 min. He said I should get the oath ceremony letter in the mail. I asked why can’t I take the oath today and then he said there is no oath ceremony today. I asked when should I get it, he said he did not know. When I came out, I saw 6 or 7 people who just took the oath. I asked one of them how come they took the oath the same day. He said he is coming from SC, maybe it was the reason but he was surprised that we did not have the oath. I chatted with another lady who also was told to go home and wait for the letter. But her interviewer told her the first oath ceremony will be held in Feb. At that time I was ok. I wish I learned more info from the window officer. But I did not. Right now seeing people waiting for their oath for months makes me sick. What a lottery. Either you will be done in one day or wait for a letter which doesn’t have any timeframe. While you are postponing all your trips because the interview and the oath ceremony, they do not even give you a timeframe. We called the customer service number but no help. They said even going to info pass is useless because they do not put oath dates into system. They said ‘just wait’.

I have received the Notice Yesterday.

-Swadesh
Sent N-400 TSC 10/02/07
Check cashed 12/21/07
Notice Date - 12/26/07
Priority Date - 10/04/07
Notice (of receipt) received - 12/31/07
FP notice xx/xx/xx

RE :atl07 OATH

Happy New Year Everyone !!

Hi atl07 ,

please try and not stress over it , here is why I think you didn't get the same day OATH.

Usually from what I have gathered from this forums is ATL DO has two OATH Ceremonies most days 10 A.M and 2 P.M , the day you were interviewed probably they only had one.

I had my interview on 11/13 at 2:10P.M and was told to expect the letter in 3-4 weeks , almost 2 months now and still waiting , however I have learn t from one other person who had his interview on first week of November , got his OATH letter recently and OATH is scheduled end of JAN , so things are progressing !

I will keep you posted on my time line so it would give you and idea what to expect , it should be within a 2 Months window I am assuming !!

Relax , Sit back and Enjoy the last Dip of the Roller Coaster , as their will not be another one and you might MISS It :)

That's what I'm talking about!

BTW: few more weeks for me - I hope this process (for my family) will complete by March 2008 :p

Happy New Year Everyone !!

Hi atl07 ,
Relax , Sit back and Enjoy the last Dip of the Roller Coaster , as their will not be another one and you might MISS It :)