Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

atltodallas,
I doubt it you only need to wait 2 more months to get your FP. I am scared that you might need to wait more than that.
We all submitted in the month of agust and still waiting on check cashing and letter of reciept not alone FP letter :)

yeah may be more than 2 months. on optimistic side I am hoping that once USCIS starts entering august applications, it will be faster than for june/july applications. the reason is because of the fee hikes took effect on July 30, 2007. that should have reduced the no of applications. again you never know because of holiday season it will be slow in dec. how long you think the entire citizenship process till you get the passport will take. I am planning to move to texas once it is over. but if it is going to take more than a year, i may have to move sooner.

yeah may be more than 2 months. on optimistic side I am hoping that once USCIS starts entering august applications, it will be faster than for june/july applications. the reason is because of the fee hikes took effect on July 30, 2007. that should have reduced the no of applications. again you never know because of holiday season it will be slow in dec. how long you think the entire citizenship process till you get the passport will take. I am planning to move to texas once it is over. but if it is going to take more than a year, i may have to move sooner.
The latest news is 16-18 months. Great job by the USCIS, double the fee and then bog the system down becasue you cannot cope. Great planning... Do I Really want to be a citizen of this country, its a joke....

Good luck everybody.... your going to need it.

Folks, what is the latest date that a check has been cashed for folks that have applied via Atlanta DO/TSC ? My apps were received by TSC on July 31, check not cashed yet. Anyone with a rec date on or after July 31 that have their check cashed? Thanks.

atlanta 2008,
check the thread " tsa-receipting times",there are the latest updates there.Looks like,tsc cashed checks of docs received on july 30 -2 days ago.it means your check/money order should be preccessed at any time. Please,keep us update...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello to All,

I was told by a friend of mine that I have to be inside the US at all times while I wait for the US Citizenship. Is that true? I got my hopes high thinking that I will be visiting my husband in his native country. And now after I was told that I have to stay here I do not really know what to do anymore :( I was trying to find an answer online but so far nothing comes up. Please advise.

Hello to All,

I was told by a friend of mine that I have to be inside the US at all times while I wait for the US Citizenship. Is that true? I got my hopes high thinking that I will be visiting my husband in his native country. And now after I was told that I have to stay here I do not really know what to do anymore :( I was trying to find an answer online but so far nothing comes up. Please advise.

Assuming you have a valid green card, you may still travel outside the country while your citizenship application is pending as long as you're not out of the country for too long (greater than 6 months).

Texas Service Center
N-400 7/29/2007

don't see many people from south here in discussion. still TSC is slow. I wonder how many applications they received in july and august

Please see sig for dates.

I am applying from Atlanta. My package was signed for on 7/31/2007.
My check was 'posted' on 11/30. My account shows the debit this morning (12/4/2007).

Last edited by a moderator:
Texas Service Center
N-400 7/29/2007

don't see many people from south here in discussion. still TSC is slow. I wonder how many applications they received in july and august
atltodallas

I would expect to wait at least a year or more. My PD was June 28th I had my FP on 08/10/07 and I have no interview date so it took me less that 6 weeks to go from sent to FP. People at the moment are taking 16 weeks just to get their checks cashed. Don't you just love the USCIS and their planning....

To Englander

I had my FP taken 1 day before you (Aug 9), still have not heard anything either regarding the interview. When you got an info-pass, what did they tell you?
Thanks

atltodallas

I would expect to wait at least a year or more. My PD was June 28th I had my FP on 08/10/07 and I have no interview date so it took me less that 6 weeks to go from sent to FP. People at the moment are taking 16 weeks just to get their checks cashed. Don't you just love the USCIS and their planning....

November 2007

I sent the N400 forms on November 19, 2007. It was delivered & signed for on November 21, 2007. I am sitting back and bracing myself for a long wait before I get the receipt notice. At this time, the estimate is about 6-8 months before interview/oath. Let's see.

N400s sent - 11/19/2007
N400s reached - 11/21/2007
Receipt Notice received - xx/xx/xxxx

I have also requested a name change. I wonder if that will extend the timelines further.

:)

Dutch,

Up to now its been limited, I did get told back in October that my fingerprints and name check were cleared on 10th September, so it took a month to do that but like yourself no news. I am going for another InfoPass Friday 7th and hopefully I will get some more news. Everytime I go they say file is still at TSC....I say nuke the place and make sure you know who is in state...GW

Keep everybody updated Dutch and I will do the same.

Dutch,

Up to now its been limited, I did get told back in October that my fingerprints and name check were cleared on 10th September, so it took a month to do that but like yourself no news. I am going for another InfoPass Friday 7th and hopefully I will get some more news. Everytime I go they say file is still at TSC....I say nuke the place and make sure you know who is in state...GW

Keep everybody updated Dutch and I will do the same.

Threatening the president of the United States is a federal offense punishable by deportation ;)

We got it !!

Hi guys

My husband went on Dec 4th for his citizenship and he got it - certificate and all....I will post updated timelines later. Thanks to all who helped us.:)

Hi guys

My husband went on Dec 4th for his citizenship and he got it - certificate and all....I will post updated timelines later. Thanks to all who helped us.:)

Congratulations !! Good to see that took much less than the 16-18 months that USCIS predicts for applications received after June 1.

Bob,

The way things are going I think it might be time to leave anyway. Especially with a new President next year (well Jan 09). I just cannot get over the lack of planning .....

Hi guys

Pashapuffy

Can you please give us details on your interview? Your interview details would be the most up to date. If you take time and write details like which documents and questions they asked, in which order interview went etc., I would appreciate it.
thanks

Interview Update

I cannot recall the exact date of when we got the IL but it was in early October 2007. I don't even have the form anymore as it was taken at the interview.

Update - Interview day
Arrive -

I went in with him - your famiy is allowed as far I saw.

At security - was told to leave my camera - which was BS - as they allowed pictures to be taken during the ceremony. Not sure why they told me no - but it was fine - we were not that sentimental anyway - but if you are - take it discreetly - just in case.

Upstairs - 2nd Floor (this was at the location on Lavista Rd)

1. Check in at window - told to sit and wait for name for name to be called.

2. Long wait (76 people that day for ceremony).

3. Interview time was 9:30 - never mattered - seemed it was first come first served - plus the earlier you came - the longer time you spent in the building IF you wanted same day OATH. So I am thinking if your time is later - its no big deal.

4. Name called - person who called name was the interviewing officer. I could not go - unless I was an interpreter or such needed person.

5. Interview took about 20 minutes. He had to write a VERY SIMPLE sentence and answered 10 of the questions - so study ! People were studying in the waiting area also.

6. Dress code - Sunday best was not necessary - depending on how big of a day it means for you.

7. After interview - he did come out with a paper (Form N652) that gave the results of interview. It told if you passed the test and will say you are RECOMMENDED for approval or that a decision cannot be made. So you would have known that when coming from the interview.

8. So in our case - it said recommended. I found that odd but I later found out that the paperwork and such had to be double checked. Meaning a higher authority had to sign off on the interviewing officer's APPROVAL. That meant - waiting again in the lobby area for them to later all your name and give the form with the final results.

9. That form - said to come back at 2pm for the OATH ! So that was basically the final approval. My husband told me you would have been given the option to have same day oath if you so desired. Not sure what happens if you said no - but it is in your best interest to take that option - BECAUSE - interview only does not make you a citizen - it is AFTER taking the OATH that you are - plus you get the certificate at the end of the ceremony !!

10. So by the time we this final paper - it was 12:30. We went to eat in the area and came back b4 2 - luckily because there was a long line of persons coming in behind us ( for the ceremony)....so we missed the 'rush'.

11. Upstairs again - we waited shortly and then someone came and told the audience - that only the applicants could enter the ceremony room. Seriously - there is no need to try to sit up front close to the doors - or rush. There is ample space and no one was got through b4 the other - it was a process that had to take it's time.

12. So family was left outside - which I was sad about - until I later found out that the ACTUAL ceremony was gonna start at 3pm - the 2pm thing was to get the applicants inside to verify information and ask questions without family and friends being with them. NOW - if you are late (which seemed ok - as several persons were - and they were totally fine) - don't come in the lobby and sit with the people you see sitting and assume they are applicants like yourself.

It happened that I saw a guy who was late and he came and sat near me -Luckily he had that final paper in his hand and I saw it and asked him if he was apart of the group (so to speak )and he said yes - I had to tell him to go INSIDE the room - which he did not realize that they other persons were already inside. There was no one (USCIS person) to direct folks as they came off the elevator - so you gotta ask questions for yourself - be vigilante !

13. So the family and friends were later called - no specific number or limit - BIG ROOM ! That doesnt mean bringing an army I am sure - kids were inside as well and babies - so it seemed ok.

14. Inside - This part is - YOU WILL SEE - no need to say anything.

15. Certificates handed out - photos taken - and hugs given - new friends made - email addresses and phone numbers exchanged and your new begins.

16. Your PR card will be taken so if you want have your passport applications filled out prior to to day and have it ready - wherein the only thing needed is the ORIGINAL certificate that YOU WILL need to send in for your new passport. I suggest making a copy first though.

17. I noticed people - out of then ignorance - were trying to take pictures through the glass doors - when the applicants were initially called into the room. It turned out it was not necessary as the ceremony was not yet started. We just did not know that our time of going inside would come - Its funny now looking back !!:)

So that was it - hope my 2 cents helps - I still have my process to do as I am about to get my GC through my husband and later in 3 years do this same process if the laws remain unchanged.

I am currently out of status F1 student - out of status because the school I transferred to refused to give my I-20 to keep my F1 status - because they found out my husband had filed the I130 for me. I now know that some schools/colleges will do this if they are 'not nice' and some will not make it an issue. As for USCIS - they told me it was up to the school !!:(

Good luck and good night Y'all