Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Time frame

yeah, i've definitely thought about the problems with duplicate files. 1850 definitely isn't that bad... not that i can afford it at the moment anyway. Either way, if there aren't any advances by the end of the year, i'll probably go to japan as planned anyway, and hopefully work things out when i get back. what a nightmare, huh?

I also feel that i'm being neglected by my lawyer. His paralegal takes care of everything regarding my file. I haven't talked to him in almost half a year.

Who's your lawyer and what's he expecting will be the outcome of your case? How quickly does he expect things to be resolved?

I forgot to write one more point and that was.....when you apply all over again, the file will still go for name check and FBI clearances regardless and then if you withdraw the application on your own, you gotta pay the filing fees all over again so the idea of re-applying is ridiculous.

If everything goes smooth and on time, my attorney expects positive results hopefully by end of Nov, so let's see.

Slow Pace - But happening - I guess !!!

FYI...hopefully helps someone.

Sent my wife's and own N400 to TSC in the same envelope.

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Checks cashed: 08/14/2007
Priority date: 07/19/2007
Receipt notice recd.: 1st week of Oct/07 (Notice date 9/28/07), same with my wife
FP Notice recd.: 2nd week of Oct/07 if I remember right, very soon after the receipt notice (Notice date 10/2/07)
FP: Had today 10/16/07. Wifey tomorrow 10/17 even though we asked same day appointments.
INT:
OATH:

Both my wife's and my receipt notices read "receipt with exception"...."missing evidence....you will be required to bring to your interview"...probably court docs on traffic violations that we both have had.

Below if my timeline.. Just wanted to mention that althought there is only a 3 day difference between your PD and mine, there is more than a month's gap in the FP date and the receipt notice.

Things REALLY SLOWED DOWN due to the fee increase after the july -1 mark i guess. Just wanted folks to get a perspective.

USCIS received : 07/16/2007
Check cleared: 08/06/2007
Priority date: 07/16/2007
Receipt notice date.: 08/22/2007
Receipt recd date: 08/27/2007
FP notice date - 8/23/07
FP Notice recd. - 8/29/07
FP: performed on - 9/6/07
INT Letter : Wait begins
Int date :
Oath :

man.. you have it good. I got fingerprinted for the 2nd time on june and my case got closed just 2 weeks ago for no reason.

Interview Supporting Documents / Questions

Hi Folks ,

Would appreciate if someone can point me to a thread or give me a rundown of what documents to take for the Immigration Interview , I dont want to take too much paperwork , however want to make sure I have all that is required.

Also I applied on basis on my Spouse ( after three years ) , although it said to bring Spouse's Naturalization certificate , wondering if the US Passport would be sufficient , as we cannot seem to locate the Original and the Re-order timelines are around and Year.

Also if Traffic Violation ( non DUI related ) , need to be mentioned specifically , I know the N400 application pack instructions does not , however I have seen people mention that.

Also my interview is at 1:25 p.m , assuming if all goes well , is it worth to request the officer to include me in the 2:00 P.M oath cermony , with the reasoning that my company is trying to relocate me to another state and I dont want to worry about changing cases from one office to another. ( ATLANTA to DALLAS)

any help / support would be much appreciated

Thanks to all

I am a citizen now(Atlantan). I must confess that without this forum may be about 50% of us can't make it.

Everything I've read here was live. I get to go but i will be back with full details.
But guess what? please take traffic violations serious.

RE : Traffic Violations !

Hi , the N400 form clearly says not to mention any NON-DUI related violations / Convictions , They dont count , am I wrong ??

Hi , the N400 form clearly says not to mention any NON-DUI related violations / Convictions , They dont count , am I wrong ??

I've heard different things from different people. Just in case, I obtained records of as many of my traffic violations as I could (I've never had any DUI/reckless driving tickets). In all honesty, the N-400 process is already enough of a pain in the rear to risk being rescheduled for another interview because of something as trivial as traffic violations. One can never be too careful.

Just as a quick update, I decided to do another infopass Friday (9th November) and no news. My file is still at TSC and my guess is that people assigned to processing applications post fingerprints are now working on new applications to try and clear the backlog. Just means the bow wave moves nearer the interview process and as such people like me get held up. ATL07 had fingerprints 8 days before me and had interview letter on 10th October. A month on I still have no interview and InfoPass was a waist of time. So I am will be outside the 7 month quoted time for sure as I think that the 2007 interviews have been scheduled now and if you missed it you missed it.

As stated before there are times when I do not know if I really want to be a citizen as agencies like the USCIS are a joke. Should never have doubled the fee, add a bit each year and that way you don't get a bow waive of applications yuor not geared up to handle. This country really ha a hard time planning anything.....

Hopefully 2008 will bring better news...

All,

Finally my journey is over. My interview was today at 10:25 AM and all went smoothly. Took the oath at the 2 PM ceremony.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting.

interview and InfoPass was a waist of time. So I am will be outside the 7 month quoted time for sure as I think that the 2007 interviews have been scheduled now and if you missed it you missed it.

Hopefully 2008 will bring better news...

Relax, enjoy life, and read about name check.
In Atlanta DO, if you are past 3-4 months then you are definitely stuck in the name check process.
My timelines (Atlanta DO):
PD: Jan. 19
FP: Feb. 25
IL: ???

My case (as well as ~400,000 others) is currently stuck on FBI name check.

Name check or additional security check

Relax, enjoy life, and read about name check.
In Atlanta DO, if you are past 3-4 months then you are definitely stuck in the name check process.
My timelines (Atlanta DO):
PD: Jan. 19
FP: Feb. 25
IL: ???

My case (as well as ~400,000 others) is currently stuck on FBI name check.

For me, it's not the name check. My name check has been cleared since Jan of this year. USCIS calls it additional security check. Have been finger printed twice and have been called for interviews twice. On the day of the interview the officer tells (not once but on two different occasions) that my file has not been transferred so they can't interview me.....huh. This is my story :mad:

Alpinist1,

Its not name check because I was told on October 10th that name check and figerprints were cleared on September 10th, I just think that its down to receipt backlog and people are working on that not applications already on there way. I have seen very little activity on the interview front of late. This was a few people back about 3 weeks or so ago who had interview letters. I would be surprised if there was anything wrong becasue I work in defence and I have NATO clearances, counts for nought here and that is why I need this citizenship so I can get US security clearance.

I am aware that my PD is June 28th and as such there are many people who have been waiting much longer than me like Atlanta Brother, that is my concern, no consitency....

Journey Over ..... Well Almost !

Had a 1:25 p.m Interview today , was called in at 2:10 ( so much for my hopes of getting done at 1:35 and requesting to be allowed to take Oath at 2:00 ) ,

Went very smoothly , Officer was very polite , all went ok , approved the application said I will get in mail a notice for Oath ( which is usually on Friday's) , anyone knows how much of a Lead Time to Expect i.e. Letter of Oath and how far apart the Dates are ?

Had a 1:25 p.m Interview today , was called in at 2:10 ( so much for my hopes of getting done at 1:35 and requesting to be allowed to take Oath at 2:00 ) ,

Went very smoothly , Officer was very polite , all went ok , approved the application said I will get in mail a notice for Oath ( which is usually on Friday's) , anyone knows how much of a Lead Time to Expect i.e. Letter of Oath and how far apart the Dates are ?

Taurean77
Can you please give us details on your interview? Your interview details would be the most up to date. If you take time and write details like which documents and questions they asked, in which order interview went etc., I would appreciate it.
thanks

My Timelines

N-400 mailed - 05/23/2007
N-400 Received - 05/24/2007
Priority Date - 05/24/2007
Check Cashed - 05/29/2007
N-400 Reciept Confirmation Notice ( Dated ) - 06/07/2007
FP Notice - 06/08/2007
FP Date/Done - 07/03/2007
Interview Notice - 10/01/2007
Interview Date - 11/13/2007(Passed , N652 RCVD , was told to expect Oath letter in 3-4 Weeks)
Oath Notice - WAITING
Oath Date - WAITING

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I received a FP letter.
My Timeline:

N 400 mailed: July 21, 2007
N 400 received: July 24, 2007
Priority Date: July 24, 2007
N 400 Receipt Confirmation Notice: November 7, 2007
FP Notice: November 16, 2007
FP Date: December 6, 2007

I doubt it

atltodallas,
I doubt it you only need to wait 2 more months to get your FP. I am scared that you might need to wait more than that.
We all submitted in the month of agust and still waiting on check cashing and letter of reciept not alone FP letter :)