Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

My 2nd Interview in Atlanta DO today

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you all heads up on my 2nd interview at Atlanta DO today. If you recall from my previous postings, my interview never took place back in Jan of this year. Today it was nothing different but another big disappointment at Atlanta DO.

I was called for the interview around 8am this morning. The officer took me into his office and simply told me that he cannot interview as the file has not reached Atlanta DO. He told me to wait and there is nothing that can be done.

I am very depressed and down at the moment. I want to especially thank boatbod, brb2,lightrain, Hurracan and worried2007 for showing interest in my case & praying for me but I definitely like your sincere advise at this point what should I do. I am lost.

I also feel for frsutrated_alot. He & I are in the same boat.

Hope it all works out for us.

Looking for some positive and encouraging feedback that would make my day :)

My timeline is below:

Mesquite, TX service center

Atlanta DO

PD: April 2006
1st FP: May 2006
1st Interview Notice: Dec 2006
1st Interview: Jan 2007
2nd FP: Sep 4th 2007
2nd Interview letter: Sep 11 2007
2nd Interview: Oct 10 2007

RE : Atlanta Brother

Hi Atlanta Brother ,

This is totally uncalled for ,

However I am confused , in one of your earlier post you mentioned you were interviewed in January , and on this one you said you were not ? ,

I fail to understand why would they schedule your for this interview just to tell you that your file was not here ? , what about the background / name check ?

Since you had an issue with the payment the first time , and they held your file back , I am suspecting is there a chance that your file is missing in action .

Would it be worth your time / effort to re-apply for N400 and start from a fresh plate ?

Clarification

Hi Atlanta Brother ,

This is totally uncalled for ,

However I am confused , in one of your earlier post you mentioned you were interviewed in January , and on this one you said you were not ? ,

I fail to understand why would they schedule your for this interview just to tell you that your file was not here ? , what about the background / name check ?

Since you had an issue with the payment the first time , and they held your file back , I am suspecting is there a chance that your file is missing in action .

Would it be worth your time / effort to re-apply for N400 and start from a fresh plate ?

Taurean77,

Thanks for getting back. Just to clarify, I was called for the interview in the third week of Jan this year. Since my file was not in Atlanta DO, I was sent home and was advised that I would be rescheduled for another interview soon. In short I was called again today and same story. Now talking about my background check. I was told back in March that my FP and name check were cleared but there was some last check (USCIS check) which was holding my case and should be resolved soon.
I never had any issue with any payment. May be you are confusing me with someone else.
Please advise if you have any suggestions.

Hey guys,

Any of you sent your applications sometimes around July 22nd and still have not received receipt from INS or its just me? Please let me know.

Thanks

that seems to be common right now, so you should just wait it out a while longer.

I feel for you Atlanta Brother, i've been f'ed over too before.

Wait....what for ??

that seems to be common right now, so you should just wait it out a while longer.

I feel for you Atlanta Brother, i've been f'ed over too before.

dudnaito,

You are suggesting me to wait, hmmmmm...I didn't quite get it. Wait...what for ? You mean for the 3rd interview letter and then go for the interview & be done in 5 mins. Looking at the trend, nobody knows what's happening including USCIS about my file. I don't think one should just wait, wait & wait and then hope for some miracle to happen one fine morning. I have waited enough especially between my first and second inverview (9 month wait). USCIS definitely needs to get their act straight and not sit on somebody's file forever especially for people like me who don't have any issues and have a clean case.

Oath ceremony

My Atlanta interview time is 12:05pm .. is it likely that I will be able to take the oath the same day?

Atl Brother, you must write to one of the GA senators and Laura Bush.... You are being treated very poorly and no one should be in a situation where you have not been specifically told what is going to happen and when.

Write to AJC, New York Times but don't wait, do something...

Best of luck we all pray for your 3rd interview and citizenship...

sorry atl brother. The first sentence was addressed to Lanochka. I was just writing as i was reading. Sorry for the confusion. I think you should do everything you can like Englander is saying. Honestly though, i've lost all faith in our bureaucracy. For crying out loud, i applied at early 2005, and i'm still waiting for my interview letter. Infopass won't even give me any information, because a "congressional" liason took my file, but my congressman's office denies any involvement.

Does anybody know how many times a month the Atlanta DO run Interview & Oath sessions, is once a month or is the multiple?

Thanks

Oath in Atlanta

Does anybody know how many times a month the Atlanta DO run Interview & Oath sessions, is once a month or is the multiple?

Thanks

Englander,

Please allow me until this afternoon or evening & I will tell you for sure.

Thanks for your note by the way. I have pretty much made up my mind that I will go for madamus and go thru Federal Court to resolvce my issue. I am sure lot of people here would agree with me.

Ok, I am back with an answer

Thanks

Englander,

As promised, here I am. I just found out about oath sessions in Atlanta. They happen on regular daily basis. If you have cleared your interview and if the IO has approved your file, you can usually take the oath the very same day.

Timeline update

FYI...hopefully helps someone.

Sent my wife's and own N400 to TSC in the same envelope.

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Checks cashed: 08/14/2007
Priority date: 07/19/2007
Receipt notice recd.: 1st week of Oct/07 (Notice date 9/28/07), same with my wife
FP Notice recd.: 2nd week of Oct/07 if I remember right, very soon after the receipt notice (Notice date 10/2/07)
FP: Had today 10/16/07. Wifey tomorrow 10/17 even though we asked same day appointments.
INT:
OATH:

Both my wife's and my receipt notices read "receipt with exception"...."missing evidence....you will be required to bring to your interview"...probably court docs on traffic violations that we both have had.

Hi Guys
I just found this forum. I am so happy to meet with the people who have the same concern. I am so nervous about the interview. Is there any standard for the interview like starting with same things and finishing with another thing? And also how do they make you swear in before the interview? I don’t know anyone who had experience on naturalization. I’m wondering if any of you guys know about the procedure of the interview.
Thanks
My timeline
Priority Date: 06/25/2007
Fingerprints Appointment: 08/02/2007
Interview Scheduled for: 12/19/2007 at 12.05 pm

I just found out my case has been "administratively closed." Why would they do this if my case is still pending... why would they even schedule me for a fingerprint notification just 4 months ago? Why would everyone-infopass, their call center- tell me to just wait for my interview notice?

This is the second time i'm getting screwed.

"Administratively closed" is typically a language used when someone does not show for an appointment - it does not mean that it is your fault.

An Infopass may give you the opportunity to determine why your case was closed and the USCIS may tell you how to submit a motion to reopen your case.

my case was closed once already and reopened again. I am actually waiting for my 2nd interview notice. This is the second time i'm waiting. I assure you no interview notice arrived. I check my mail twice a day, and i have a hard time believing i receive every other notice and mail except the interview notice. Either way, my lawyer is looking into it, and i've been to infopass twice in the past 3 weeks already. They don't have a bloody clue what's going on. In their own words, "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing," which is just a way of saying, we don't know, leave us alone.

my case was closed once already and reopened again. I am actually waiting for my 2nd interview notice. This is the second time i'm waiting. I assure you no interview notice arrived. I check my mail twice a day, and i have a hard time believing i receive every other notice and mail except the interview notice. Either way, my lawyer is looking into it, and i've been to infopass twice in the past 3 weeks already. They don't have a bloody clue what's going on. In their own words, "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing," which is just a way of saying, we don't know, leave us alone.

dudnaito,

I agree with you and I am with you all the way my friend. If you see my postings what I have been going thru, you may feel a little better. Hire an attorney right and I am sure you already have. Who did you hire ? Let me know. I have a very good attorney in mind & may be that can help you expedite your case.

Good luck to u & keep us posted.