Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

No it did not disappear. It is still active.

Thanks.

The reason I've asked is that I have:
DO: Atlanta
16-Jan-07: Mailed N400 to TSC
19-Jan-07: Priority Date
16-Feb-07: FP Date

I have not received IL yet and my case is still showing up at uscis.gov website.
I have called FBI (the phone #, which was posted in this thread) and they've told me that they have sent fingerprints back to INS on the same day they've received them (16-Feb).

Feb 14th Interview

Superman, i'm in the same boat. I completed my interview on 14th Feb and waiting for the Oath. When i called last friday, no oath scheduled yet. With india travel ahead of me, i'm planning to go to lavista office to inquire.

Superman, i'm in the same boat. I completed my interview on 14th Feb and waiting for the Oath. When i called last friday, no oath scheduled yet. With india travel ahead of me, i'm planning to go to lavista office to inquire.

Did you take info pass to enquire?

I had the Interview on the same day (2/14). Please keep me posted. I do the same. Thank you

October 16th Application date, still no interview...

Hi all, Texas service center received my application on October 16th, I had my fingerprints taken about 2 weeks later, but haven't heard anything since. When I look at my status online it says that the status is "received and pending".
How come others that applied way after me have already had their interviews?

Thanks

ps. My local office is Atlanta.

My boyfriends timeline:

PD. 12/11/06
FP. 01/09/07
DO Atlanta
We haven't heard anything since, I checked the status online after the fingerprints. I can't remember the message,but have checked again since and now says case received and pending.
Can anyone tell me more info on an info pass, from what I can gather it is a pass you get to make an appointment at the DO and can ask questions about your case, is the correct and what can you really find out?

Thanks,

Good luck to you all.

Hi all, Texas service center received my application on October 16th, I had my fingerprints taken about 2 weeks later, but haven't heard anything since. When I look at my status online it says that the status is "received and pending".
How come others that applied way after me have already had their interviews?

Thanks

ps. My local office is Atlanta.

Check your Finger Prints from a FBI site link posted some where on this site. This is not normal.

I am 1st time poster, although I have viewed this forum on numerous occassions & received invaluable information. I don't have the exact timeline for each & every step of my citizenship process, but myself & my wife filed on Dec 19, 2006 & had our interviews/oaths yesterday.

It was at the new "Parklake Drive" location off Northlake/LaVista Road. My wife's interview appointment time was 10:05am & mine was at 10:25am. She was called-in right on time, asked the standard 10 questions, etc. & was done in 15 min. She took oath at 11:00am & was out by 11:45am. I, on the other hand, had to wait until 11:30 to be called-in for the interview. My process was smooth too & was out in 15 min. I took the oath at 2:00pm & was out by 3:00pm.

I know that some people (who passed the interview) were told that they would receive the oath letter via mail in 2-3 weeks. Not sure why they couldn't take the oath the same day.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this board for making our process easier.

I am 1st time poster, although I have viewed this forum on numerous occassions & received invaluable information. I don't have the exact timeline for each & every step of my citizenship process, but myself & my wife filed on Dec 19, 2006 & had our interviews/oaths yesterday.

It was at the new "Parklake Drive" location off Northlake/LaVista Road. My wife's interview appointment time was 10:05am & mine was at 10:25am. She was called-in right on time, asked the standard 10 questions, etc. & was done in 15 min. She took oath at 11:00am & was out by 11:45am. I, on the other hand, had to wait until 11:30 to be called-in for the interview. My process was smooth too & was out in 15 min. I took the oath at 2:00pm & was out by 3:00pm.

I know that some people (who passed the interview) were told that they would receive the oath letter via mail in 2-3 weeks. Not sure why they couldn't take the oath the same day.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this board for making our process easier.

Congrates.!. Glad to hear Atlanta restarted Oaths. We completed our Interviews on Feb. 14th. We are still waiting for Oath letters. Thank you

Atlanta N400 Name Change Oath Ceremony Judge

Hello,
Thanks to all the posting (Superman Thanks!!), was really useful. I have applied for a name change on N400. I would like to know if the New Atlanta DO has a judge, while taking oath. I think for Name change it can be done at a court only or if a Judge is available during Oath. If anyone has taken oath at the New La Vista Location, please let me know if the Oath Ceremony was done in front of a Judge and if Name Changes was compleated the same day as ID.

Time line:-
PD 1/30/2007
FP 3/2/2007
IL ? xxxxxx
ID? xxxxxx
Oath? xxxxxx

All,

Have you noticed in difference in response depending on your prior nationality? I hold a Pakistani passport and am wondering what statistics there is on someone with similar background? Although I thought the process was moving fairly quickly, it just came to a halt after the fingerprinting. Any place where I can verify whether the fingerprinting has been completed or not?

In reference to traffic violation, as I failed to mention in my application, should I be getting a record of all prior violations (unfortunately I have more then 2) and how far back do I go? Or does it make sense to mail it to them as an ammendment.

I appreciate your feedbacks.

All,

Have you noticed in difference in response depending on your prior nationality? I hold a Pakistani passport and am wondering what statistics there is on someone with similar background? Although I thought the process was moving fairly quickly, it just came to a halt after the fingerprinting. Any place where I can verify whether the fingerprinting has been completed or not?

I appreciate your feedbacks.

Yes, you can check fingerprints status. There is a phone # on page 8 or 9 of this thread. But it is not going to help you. 99.9% that they will tell you that they've received your fingerprints on X.X and send them to USCIS on the same day.
The issue, which is holding most people (and some even for years) is FBI name check. FBI name check is performed by a s/w program with the unknown algorithm, which checks your name against unknown FBI databases. Various data sources provide different info on who will actually stuck on the name check. Bottom line: it is a g&*)-d^&)( s/w algorithm, which might even have a random number generator in it. Nobody knows for sure. There are people from ALL the countries who are waiting for the name check. There are people with the common names and there are people with unique names who are waiting for the name check. There is only one phone number to check the status of this check: 1-800-SIT-TIGHT-AND-WAIT.
If you would call USCIS then they will tell you that they can't provide you this information.
If you would take an InfoPass then they will tell you that FBI is processing your background check.
If you would call your congressman then his/her office would tell you that they can't do anything about it. Unfortunately, they will be right.

Hello,
Thanks to all the posting was really useful. I have applied for a name change on N400. I would like to know if the New Atlanta DO has a judge, while taking oath. I think for Name change it can be done at a court only or if a Judge is available during Oath. If anyone has taken oath at the New La Vista Location, please let me know if the Oath Ceremony was done in front of a Judge and if Name Changes was compleated the same day as ID.

PD 1/30/2007
FP 3/2/2007
IL ? xxxxxx
ID? xxxxxx
Oath? xxxxxx

Alpinist,...... Did you receive interview letter? If I am not wrong, your FP date was a few days after mine.

Hello,
Thanks to all the posting (Superman Thanks!!), was really useful. I have applied for a name change on N400. I would like to know if the New Atlanta DO has a judge, while taking oath. I think for Name change it can be done at a court only or if a Judge is available during Oath. If anyone has taken oath at the New La Vista Location, please let me know if the Oath Ceremony was done in front of a Judge and if Name Changes was compleated the same day as ID.

PD 1/30/2007
FP 3/2/2007
IL ? xxxxxx
ID? xxxxxx
Oath? xxxxxx

My wife just got Oath for March 30th. I am still wating. Interview on Feb. 14th.

Any way, Oath address is: USCIS, 2150 Parklane Drive, Atlanta, GA-30345. So, it is not court. It is on Lavista Road.

Last edited by a moderator: