Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Interview Passed. Waiting for Oath

I and my wife both completed our Interviews today with flying colors. Real smooth process. Whole Interview process took about 12 min. Most of the questions are from our N-400 application. Asked 6 civics questions from the listed 96 questions. I answered all 6. So, no more. I heard pass mark is 6 correct from 10 questions. Remaining questions are from application Yes or No questions. No documents reviewed. Only documents asked in the beginning were: Passport; Green Card; and Drivers Licence. I took all documents recommended except Services. I was 31 when I got my Green Card.

We tried to get in about 30 mn. earlier to Interview. We finally arrived at the counter ontime. Finding this place is little difficult if you are going to Atlanta office for the first time. Also we missed the parking right opposite to this building. We have to run 2 blocks to arrive ontime. There was some renovation/construction in front of the building. So, little difficult.

Office is in process of moving to another building we were told. That is why Oath can not be taken on the same day like Atlanta used to do. We have to wait 3-4 wks. for the Oath. They have given us an original I-652 (naturalization interview pass). Now, Counter begins for the Oath letter.

12/06/06: Mailed N400 to TX
12/11/06: Received DatePriority Date
12/12/06: Checks Cashed
12/15/06: Notice Date
12/20/06: I-797C, Notice of Action Received
12/26/06: FP Letter Received
01/04/07: FP Appointment
01/16/07: Interview Notice Date. (Case Disappeared on 1/16/07).
01/24/07: I L Mailed
01/29/07: I L Recieved
02/14/07: Interview Passed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter
??/??/?? : Oath

Completed Finger Printing today

Appointment was at 11AM. The office is 1255 Collier Road Atlanta. Went on 75South from Smyrna and took the Howell Mill Rd exit. Took left at the exit and again left onto Collier Road. ASC was about a mile from the there on the right side. Showed up 5 min before 11AM. There was decent size crowd today. Filled up the application and took a number. Waited for 45 mins. Officer came and took me to the FP booth. The actual time of the finger printing process was 2 or 3 minutes. She was very professional and courteous. Overall a good experience. She stamped the FP notice and gave it back to me along with my GC. Collected everything and headed out. Got out by 1210 or so.

Now the wait begins for Interview and Oath. All the best to everyone who are waiting at different stages.

Prasad

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Superman. You seem to be cruising through the process. Wish you the best in getting the Oath letter quickly and completing the Naturalization.

Prasad :)

Thank you Prasad. So far sooo Good. We are just little disappointed that we could not do Oath today. Atlanta office is moving and they are scheduling Oaths for the future. I hope Oath is scheduled in 3-4 wks.

Atlanta N400

01/22/07 Mailed to TSC
01/24/07 TSC Received
01/25/07 Check Cashed
02/05/07 RCVD Notice of Action
02/09/07 RCVD FP Notification
02/22/07 FP APPO Date
02/16/07 FP Done

Received Interview letter

Our case disappeared on 02-13-2007. We received our interview letter on 02-17-07. The interview date is 03-13-07.

The problem here is that the interview date is 15 days prior to the 5 year mark. I hope this will not pose a problem. Infact we applied about 83 days prior to the 5 years. I remember posing this question on the thread even earlier. Anywayz, from Superman's post, I guess there is no same day oath at Atlanta right now. If that is the case, our oath can be after the 5 year date.

Has anybody had this experience before? Should we let them know while they are interviewing about this, incase they overlook the fact?

Any inputs from anybody would be appreciated. Thanks.

01-04-07 - PD
02-01-07 - FP
02-13-07 - Case disappeared
02-17-07 - IL Received
03-13-07 - Interview Date

Congratulations nss

Good news!!! Looks like the process at Atlanta DO is moving very quickly. Which gives me hope because I also applied in Jan...PD is Jan 18th.

Regarding your question about interview before 5 year anniversary, I will leave it to gurus on this board.

Goodluck!!! and keep us posted about your interiew experience.

Prasad.:)

How/where do I check the status after the FP?

For checking the status after the FP, can I call any number (what number) or is there any website? Thanks

FBI Check Telephone Number.

For checking the status after the FP, can I call any number (what number) or is there any website? Thanks

Here is the number to dail ( 1-304-625-5590 ) for your finger print check with the FBI. Be prepared to give your A#, application type - N-400 and date finger print was taken. Good luck.:)

Completed FP today

Hi Guys,

Just completed FP today. The whole process took about 30-45 mins. Very straightforward and professional staff.

Congratulations Superman!! :)

SP

01/22/07: Mailed to TSC
01/25/07: TSC Received
01/26/07: Check Cashed
02/05/07: Received Notice of Action

Our case disappeared on 02-13-2007. We received our interview letter on 02-17-07. The interview date is 03-13-07.

The problem here is that the interview date is 15 days prior to the 5 year mark. I hope this will not pose a problem. Infact we applied about 83 days prior to the 5 years. I remember posing this question on the thread even earlier. Anywayz, from Superman's post, I guess there is no same day oath at Atlanta right now. If that is the case, our oath can be after the 5 year date.

Has anybody had this experience before? Should we let them know while they are interviewing about this, incase they overlook the fact?

Any inputs from anybody would be appreciated. Thanks.

01-04-07 - PD
02-01-07 - FP
02-13-07 - Case disappeared
02-17-07 - IL Received
03-13-07 - Interview Date

You will be scheduled for Oath after your 5 Yr. Anniversary. Your are considered to be a Citizen after the Oath. As long as Oath is after the 5 Yr. anniversary, Interview date should not matter. It should not affect you since Atlanta started to schedule Oaths for later dates any way (because of the Office move). Good Luck.

IL recevied

I recevied IL today for interview on march 19.:)

AK

DO - Atlanta
PD - 09/18/06
FP - 10/10/06
ID - 03/19/07

Atlanta interview location changed

Superman,

Looks like the N-400 interview for Atlanta is at a new location near I-285 and La Vista road.

AK

:) Thank you NSS and AK.

Scheduling new location is really good news. DO moved with very minimal affect to the processing. I lost a month for the Oath re-schedule. I hope I will get the Oath letter soon at the new location. I also hope all Interviews at new location have Oaths on the same day.