Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Thank you

Thank you for the info,

happigal said:
Yes...when you finish your interview, the IO usually gives you a form (N-652) which states whether you passed English, civics etc.

After this, you'll recieve an oath letter in the mail telling you where to go for the oath ceremony.

3 months in a certain district

Hi, I've got a "silly" question to ask--the 3 months living in a certain district before applying, does it mean the person has to be physically present the 3 months before application, or for whatever the past 3 or 5 years (whichever applies) LPR status, the person qualifies so long as he or she has lived in that state for 3 months?

I guess I'm getting quite nervous. :) I'll be visiting my hometown in Feb., and my date of sending in N-400 application is sometime in March, just wanna make sure and not screw things up.

Thanks for the help!

Ceci88 said:
Hi, I've got a "silly" question to ask--the 3 months living in a certain district before applying, does it mean the person has to be physically present the 3 months before application, or for whatever the past 3 or 5 years (whichever applies) LPR status, the person qualifies so long as he or she has lived in that state for 3 months?

I guess I'm getting quite nervous. :) I'll be visiting my hometown in Feb., and my date of sending in N-400 application is sometime in March, just wanna make sure and not screw things up.

Thanks for the help!

Last 3 months before the application. Just evidence of the address to prove the jurdiction. Travel in between would not effect much as long as you established your residence in my opinion.

Hurray

:) Inverview on Feb. 14th.

My wife called USCIS, TX. Regarding the disappearance of our case online. They told her that the Interview was scheduled for Feb. 14th. Still waiting for the Interview Letters though. Thank you for all of your support.

12/06/06: Mailed N400 to TX
12/11/06: Received DatePriority Date
12/12/06: Checks Cashed
12/15/06: Notice Date
12/20/06: I-797C, Notice of Action Received
12/26/06: FP Letter Received
01/04/07: FP Appointment
??/??/?? : Interview Letter (Still Waiting. Interview through Phone)
02/14/07: Interview/Oath

Last edited by a moderator:
Superman said:

My wife called USCIS, TX. Regarding the disappearance of our case online. They called her that the Interview was scheduled for Feb. 14th. Still waiting for the Interview Letters though. Thank you for all of your support.

HORRAY!!!!!
Congrats!! that is amazing speed superman, you sure kept your name :)
If you get oath on same day, you will break time and space and physics....j/k

Hello everyone,

I used this forums for my GC application 5+ years ago.
And now, I come here again to share my Naturalization application experience.
Also to see how you guys doing which have the similiar cases/dates with me.

My wife and I applied to N-400 at the same times and here are our info:
We are in TSC and Atlanta DO territory.

09/25/2006 -> Mailed our N-400, (75 Days before our 5 Year GC Residency)
10/03/2006 -> TSC Received Date
10/03/2006 -> Priority Date
10/10/2006 -> I-797C Notice Date
10/12/2006 -> I-797C Notice of Action Received
10/13/2006 -> FP Notice Received
10/24/2006 -> FP Done
11/10/2006 -> Interview Letter Received (For myself, my wife doesn't got it.)
12/07/2006 -> Interview Done
??/??/2007 -> Waitting for Oath Date (because I request to have my name change.)

It was a very smooth process on my application, but not for my wife. We mailed out the N-400 application on the same date. Received I-797C Notice and FP letters and also scheduled FP on the same date. And until right now, my wife still waitting for Interview letter.

My interview only took 10~15 minutes. Scheduled at 9:25am, being called at around 9:05am. The lady was very nice and polite, asked me to raise my right hand and read me a "under the oath statement" sentence. First, verified my name on the GC and Passport, and started to go over my N-400 information. Then, asked me if I would like to change my name. I said yes and the name as indicate on my N-400 form. She let me to sign my new name on my photos and the last page of the N-400 form.

Tested me the US Civil questions, read the sentence to her and wrote a sentence she told me to write it on the paper. Then, she gave me the N-652 form and congratulated me that I pass the interview. Also told me that it will be 3 ~6 weeks wait time before I can have my oath ceremony because I have my name changed.

I left the building and called my wife with my cell phone. My wife was shock and said " it is only 9:20 and you finished?" Yeah..... I left the building before my original appointment schedule time 9:25......

I saw some friends indicated that they prepared their driving violation tickets when they went to interview. But, in my case, I did not prepare those info. I did not know if I really need those info at the time I did my N-400 application. Instead, I did spend some time to prepare my "Selective Service" document.

I came to the US with F-1 visa before my 21 birthday, so I must prove that I did not need to register during my F-1 status. I know I can just atached my I-20 and F-1 visa but wrote a statement explain that I did not need to register the selective service. However, from my friend's experience on this Selective Service issue, the interview officer picky on him for this. (He was in LA area.)

To be a safe side, I went to the US Selective Service web site and download a status request form. I copied my F-1 Visa and all the I-20s, went to the UPS store to notorized. Sent the status request form with those copies.
2 weeks later, I received the official letter from US Selective Service that I was not eligible and did not need to register for Selective Service.

I handed this letter to my interview lady during the time she went over my N-400 form. She looked at the letter than said: "Good, so I don't need to ask you anything about this."

Those are my experiences. Hope to share with you guys.

MissMolina said:
HORRAY!!!!!
Congrats!! that is amazing speed superman, you sure kept your name :)
If you get oath on same day, you will break time and space and physics....j/k

Thank you. Actually, Atlanta has been scheduling Interview/Oath on the same day.

Superman said:

My wife called USCIS, TX. Regarding the disappearance of our case online. They told her that the Interview was scheduled for Feb. 14th. Still waiting for the Interview Letters though. Thank you for all of your support.

Hi, Congrats!

It looks like it is only half a month between the interview notice date and the actual interview date. How long is this period on average? Thanks.

By the way, Superman, will you complete the 5 Yr. Anniversary by the day you are going to be interviewed?

Superman said:

I'm very happy to hear this news too. So you will have the interview on the Valentine's day? A good day to remember, :) don't forget to celebrate after the interview! We will all toast to you in this forum. :D

Yes. My Anniversary is before the Interview/Oath. My Anniversary is on Feb. 9th. Interview is on Feb 14th.

I mailed 2 months 5 days before the Anniversary rather than 3 months. Everything worked out o.k. so far.

Thank you All.

Congratulations Superman!! That is awesome. It took you only two months. :)

S P

N-400 Mailed: 1/22/2007
TSC Received Date: 1/25/2007

It takes longer than 2 months

spgamer,

It takes longer than 2 months if you are stuck in "Name ChecK". My wife got her citizenship in 2 months 3 weeks.

AK

DO: Atlanta/ TSC
Filed N400: 9/18/2006
FP done: 10/10/2006
IL : ??/??/??
ID: ??/??/??

N400 Atlanta

No longer would be stuck in name check who were done FP after Jan 3, 2007

From After The Green Card And US Citizenship > US Citizenship > Stuck in name check with new rules after May '06

Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS). The responses to the FBI Fingerprint Check are collected electronically from the FBI and will be stored in BCS.

All information is currently collected as part of the established USCIS application/petition process and is required to verify the applicant/petitioner's eligibility for the benefit being sought. The FBI Fingerprint Check is a search of the FBI's Criminal Master File via the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS). This search will identify applicants/petitioners who have an arrest record.

The FBI Name Check is a search of the FBI's Universal Index that consists of administrative, applicant, criminal, personnel, and other files compiled for law enforcement purposes. The TECS/IBIS Name Check is a search of a multi-agency database containing information from 26 different agencies. The information in TECS/IBIS includes records of known and suspected terrorists, sex offenders, and other people that may be of interest to the law enforcement community. USCIS will use TECS/IBIS to access National Crime Information Center (NCIC) records on wanted persons, criminal histories, and previous Federal inspections.

If fraudulent or criminal activity is detected as a result of the background check, information will be forwarded to appropriate law enforcement agencies including Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), FBI, CBP, and/or local law enforcement.

The established system of records will be effective January 3, 2007 unless comments are received that result in a contrary determination.

You may submit comments, identified by Docket Number DHS- 2006-0063 by one of the following methods:

Hurray.!

:) Finally, Interview Letter Arrived. Interview on Feb. 14th.

01/16/07: Interview Notice Date. (Case Disappeared on 1/16/07).
01/24/07: I L Mailed
01/29/07: I L Recieved