Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I'm sorry, but I can't find the link you're referring to. Can you please post it?

Thanks.

Here you go.

The following background checks INS does on Naturalization applicants-

[1] IBIS: This check has validity of 35 days - this check is against IBIS (maintained by USCPC - Customs and Border Patrol) using applicant's full name and date of birth (without place or country of birth). This check is done by USCIS internally through a connection to IBIS. A no hit is termed "IBIS OK" in USCIS' jargon. An "IBIS DNR" (Does Not Relate) is when a match exists but does not relate to the applicant, which is a no hit as well. IBIS is exempt from FOIA requests, that is, a person cannot use FOIA to find out if his/her name is in IBIS.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/in...ities/ibis.xml

[2] FBI Fingerprint (FD258) Identification against NCIC database - This has a validity of 18 months. Any applicant can call FBI NCIC (Clarksburg, WV) to find out if his/her fingerprint result has been sent back to USCIS. Work through various voice prompts to talk to a live representative. The results of this check are normally returned within 24 hours for person with no criminal records or outstanding warrants. No hit is termed "NO IDENT" in FBI jargon. An FOIA request (with FD258/fingerprints) would reveal if a record exists or not.

[3] FBI Name Check against Central Records System (CRS) - This check basically searches to see if the applicant has ever been a subject/target of any FBI investigation. There is no documented validity period for this check. This check can take anywhere from 1 day to 1 year. No hit is termed "NO RECORD" in FBI jargon. A FOIA request would reveal if a record exists or not. FBI may not disclose full details but will acknowledge if a record exists. Also, presence of a record does not mean that it is something
negative.

For more on background checks, read here-

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlib...6-06_Nov05.pdf

Hope it helps.

Got our Interview letters

Hi guys,

My husband and I recv'd our interview letters yesterday. It is scheduled for Apr 4th in ParkLake Dr location. Hoping to have the oath on the same day. Thanks for all your info.:)

-SP

01/22/07: Mailed to TSC
01/25/07: TSC Received
01/26/07: Check Cashed
02/05/07: Received Notice of Action
02/22/07: FP Done
03/09/07: IL recv'd
04/04/07: Interview date

Finally...done with the process

Sorry,

I came home just now. It was one long day. My interview was scheduled at 01:05 and my husband's was at 01:25 p.m., We went to the La Vista office around 12:15 but waited in the car till 12:30 and went in about 12:40. They asked for the Driver's licence id at the entrance along with the letter. Went upstairs. Lot of people were waiting. An officer called me at about 01:15 and went in.

There was some problem with my name. I did not give my maiden name in N400 but while fingerprinting I had to give it. Also my last name was my husband's first name (I know this sounds weird but I really never changed it all this while). So I told the officer that I had not given my maiden name in N400 but had given it at fingerprinting. He got totally confused with my last name being my husband's first name... So he said something was weird and he had to check with his supervisor. He came back and told me that the right way was for me to have my husband's last name as my last name and it would take two months for name change but that I could have my last name as my middle name and then take on my husband's last name as my last name. I know this is quite confusing...but bottomline...he just made me sign my name along with my husband's last name. So it ended well with my getting my husband's last name without going thru judicial changing etc. etc.,

He then went thru N400. When he asked about arrests, I told him that I was never arrested but was cited for traffic violation. He just brushed it aside and proceeded. He was very friendly. The whole process was quick (dreamlike after going thru all the papers and copying and carrying so many documents). The civics questions asked were:

1. Where is White House located
2. Who are the two Senators of Georgia
3. Which is the legislative branch of our govt
4. What is the supreme law of the land
5. Who is the Supreme Court Judge
6. What are the two parties in U.S.

Will you believe...my husband was also asked these same set of questions by some other IO (weird.....). He asked if I was willing to take the oath ...to which I obviously answered...ofcourse......

He gave a letter and asked me to wait outside and told that I would be given a oath letter and given the time for the oath. Came out and was joined by my husband. We hardly waited for about 10 minutes and was given the oath letter for 02:30 ceremony. Went through the ceremony and became citizen's by 04:00 p.m., There were 41 people from 25 countries who took the oath today. I think there was only one oath ceremony today, because the Director mentioned that many people have been waiting from the morning (I am really not sure if there was a oath ceremony in the morning)

The interesting part is that we had our interview scheduled exactly about 15 days before our 5th year GC anniversary (March 29). We did not expect to take oath today and was not prepared for it. We never even carried a camera.

Basically the IO did not ask for any papers except passport and greencard. He returned the passport and retained the GC.

There were two or three people who were asked for more documents. But mostly everybody seemed to have passed and took the oath.

The SAGA is over now. Though it was not very strenuous for us...it was kind of stressful and tiresome.

All the best to all of you waiting. I think it is going to be very simple and quick as easy as it was for us, so dont worry.

-----------------------------
TSC, Atlanta DO
PD: 01-04-2007
FP: 02-01-2007
ID: 03-13-2007
Oath: 03-13-2007

Congratulations NSS! You and your husband went through the whole process quickly and without any problems. I am happy for you guys. Its nice to see USCIS treating us like we deserve to be.

Goodluck and have fun.

Prasad

Just wanted to share my timeline.

I have applied for a name change. I think for this reason I did not have my oath ceremony the same day as the interview.

12/16/07: Mailed to TSC
12/18/07: TSC Received
01/16/07: FP Done
02/28/07: Interview Done, Approved for Naturalization
04/06/07: Oath appt

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath schedules: Atlanta DO

Can someone please tell me what are the schedules for the oath at the Lavista Atlanta DO. I mean, if I have an interview appointment at 10:00 am, what would be my likely oath schedule if I am asked for the same day oath. Will be it in the morning or the afternoon? Is it a all day business? Thanks

NOA received: 1/15/07
FP: 2/9/07
IV: 3/21/07
Oath: ?

Interview Letter received today!! Update!!

Time line:-
PD 1/30/2007
FP 3/2/2007
IL 3/17/2007
ID 4/21/2007
Oath? xxxxxx

My case status is still showing online, it did not disappear as few of you have stated in this forum.

Interview passed but ......

I had my citizenship interview today. The time was 9am, I was there at 8:40a, officer called me at 9:50a. Asked for GC and passport. Raised my right hand to tell the truth. Officer went through my appication. I mentioned about
the 'red light' citation. He looked at it and mentioned about technology taking over.

Was asked to read 'I go to work everyday'. Wrote down 'they have horses on their farm'. Six qurestions, supreme law of land, emancipatio proclamation, chief justice, name of senators from GA, who wrote Star Spangled Banner, where is thewhite house.

Signed my photos. With all done he said, he cannot do oath because I have two files. I informed about background check and he stated that everything was good. He mentioned it will 6-7 days to get my second file. I was givne n-652 with a check mark against 'passed the test' and 'will contacted by INS'.

Now wait for oath letter. Probably 90-120 days.

AK

I had my citizenship interview today. The time was 9am, I was there at 8:40a, officer called me at 9:50a. Asked for GC and passport. Raised my right hand to tell the truth. Officer went through my appication. I mentioned about
the 'red light' citation. He looked at it and mentioned about technology taking over.

Was asked to read 'I go to work everyday'. Wrote down 'they have horses on their farm'. Six qurestions, supreme law of land, emancipatio proclamation, chief justice, name of senators from GA, who wrote Star Spangled Banner, where is thewhite house.

Signed my photos. With all done he said, he cannot do oath because I have two files. I informed about background check and he stated that everything was good. He mentioned it will 6-7 days to get my second file. I was givne n-652 with a check mark against 'passed the test' and 'will contacted by INS'.

Now wait for oath letter. Probably 90-120 days.

AK

Are you sure the IO told you that you would straight away get the oath letter? Because typically after you pass an interview, they check the box that says "Congratulation! Your application has been recommended for approval.........". In all other pending situations, you typically have to go in for another interview. Ofcourse that depends on each case and DO...

Immihelp101,

I had my interview on 03-13-2007. It was scheduled at 01:05 p.m., and they called me around 01:20 p.m.,

There was one lady who was called at 12:40 p.m., and she told me that her interview was scheduled at 12:05. From the time I went in around 10 people were interviewed but 41 people were present for the oath.

My guess, there was only one oath on that day at 02:30 p.m, But then I might be mistaken about that. But the interviews are being conducted pretty quickly it hardly takes about 10 - 15 minutes. Then you are asked to wait outside and one person comes out with about 10 - 15 oath letters and calls out the names and informs the Hall where the oath ceremony will be held.

Are you sure the IO told you that you would straight away get the oath letter? Because typically after you pass an interview, they check the box that says "Congratulation! Your application has been recommended for approval.........". In all other pending situations, you typically have to go in for another interview. Ofcourse that depends on each case and DO...

The IO told me that they have to consolidate my two files. Once that is done, they'll send me an oath letter. He did not mention anything about coming for another interview. A colleague of mine in the same situation and he got oath letter fours months after interview.

In Atlanta, if you pass and all is ok you get a piece of paper that states Congratulation! Your application has been recommended for approval.........". They take your greencard and you wait in the waiting room. Then another officer or the same officer comes out and calls names of people who have been approved and selected for oath.

AK

Here's my timeline, journey begins:

N-400 mailed to Texas service center: March 20, 2007
N-400 received by TSC: March 23, 2007
Money Order cashed on March 27, 2007

My Timeline:

Feb 27: Mailed to TSC
Mar 02: Priority Date
Mar 21: Recvd PD Notice
Mar 23: Recvd FP Notice
Apr11: FP Date

Its over

I am done. :D

I will post my interview/oath experince on a new thread. Thanks everyone for posting their experiences and also goodluck to the people who are waiting.

Prasad

I will post my interview/oath experince on a new thread. Thanks everyone for posting their experiences and also goodluck to the people who are waiting.

Prasad

Congratulations!

Does everybody in Atlanta get oaths the same day? I find this really AMAZING since all I've seen and heard lately is how the case needs to go through a supervisor check after passing.

Prasad

Congrates Prasad.

I finally got my Oath for April 6th. I have Completed my Interview on Feb. 14th

Thank you Mario and Thank you superman.

Superman, I am happy to see that you are almost there. Congratulations!!!

Mario. Goodluck with your oath letter.

Prasad,

Congrats.... Your experience was smooth.

PD: 01-04-07
FP: 02-01-07
ID: 03-13-07 (Same day oath)