10/20/2010 priority date
10/25/2010 notice date
10/26/2010 Check encashed
10/28/2010 FP letter rec'd
11/16/2010 FP scheduled
11/12/2010: Walk-in FP done
12/20/2010: yp arrived
04/11/2011: Interview Date

My appointment time is 11.45am, hopefully if everything goes fine i will be able to take the Oath same day.

Great news, calhoun! Your ID is 173 days from your PD -- the delay is getting longer. However, you have your date. Best of luck!

I got Yellow Letter today stating I only need to bring state-issued driver license to Interview. I hope I'll have IL in a couple of weeks but we will see. Strange is that my app status in USCIS haven't changed at all since 1/19/2010.

01/03/2011 : Received Date
01/03/2011 : Priority Date
01/27/2011 : Rec. FP Letter
02/02/2011 : FP Scheduled
01/28/2011 : Early Walkin FP Done
02/28/2011 : Yellow Letter Sent Date

I got Yellow Letter today stating I only need to bring state-issued driver license to Interview. I hope I'll have IL in a couple of weeks but we will see. Strange is that my app status in USCIS haven't changed at all since 1/19/2010.

01/03/2011 : Received Date
01/03/2011 : Priority Date
01/27/2011 : Rec. FP Letter
02/02/2011 : FP Scheduled
01/28/2011 : Early Walkin FP Done
02/28/2011 : Yellow Letter Sent Date

I got my Citizenship more than one moth ago and the status on my case in the website is still "tranferred to local office"

N-400 Updated timeline - FingerPrint completed

Sent N-400 -2/22/11
Recd- 2/24/11
Email- 2/25/11-Email & SMS (text) status received
Check cashed -2/25/11
NOA- 2/25/11 rec'd by mail
email that FP appt was mailed - 3/1/11
FP done 3/9/11 - Atlanta ASC (walk-in, orginal scheduled date 3/14)

I did my walk-in fingerprint yesterday in Atlanta. Original date was Mar 14th.

Not a single question was asked. They asked to see my Green Card and fingerprint notice and that was it. It was around 2.30 PM in afternoon.

Yellow letters received today

Field Office Atlanta, GA

01/14/2011 - N 400 mailed Dallas, TX
01/19/2011 - Received/Priority Date
01/24/2011 - Acceptance Text/Email
01/26/2011 - FP notice date
01/29/2011 - FP letter received
02/14/2011 - FP done
02/15/2011 - Spouse FP done
02/25/2011 - got email/text that cases transferred to Local office- Atlanta
03/04/2011 - Interview Letter (dated 02/28/2011) received today,
03/11/2011 - Yellow letters (dated 03/04/2011) received today- Bring Driver's License to interview
03/30/2011 - Interview date

Just wanted to post my latest updated:

10/12/2010: Application mail date
10/28/2010: FP Notice Date
11/12/2010: FP Scheduled
11/XX/2010: Yellow Letter
03/03/2011: Interview letter received
04/11/2011: 9:45 AM Scheduled Interview

Since the interview is at 9:45 AM, assuming everything goes fine, what are the chances of having the oath ceremony on the same day?

-RT

My spouse got an IL yesterday, interview date 4/20. So the October/November filers are finally getting scheduled for interviews.

2010/11/05 PD
2010/11/30 FP
2011/03/14 IL
2011/04/20 ID

Hey anxiouscdn2!

My husband also got his IL letter yesterday, and it's also for 4/20. Our timelines have remained identical. Let's hope we have a same day oath!

Had our interview today -- Waited about an hour before we were finally called. Interview was about 10min - basically going over the application & the civics/english test.
We decided to postpone the Oath as we are travelling next month.

09/27/2010: N-400 Sent - Lewisville, TX (via Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation)
09/30/2010: N-400 Recd. USPS Fwd. to Dallas,TX(Priority Date)
10/04/2010: Checks Cashed.
10/08/2010: NOA Received
10/12/2010: Rec. FP letter
10/22/2010: FP Scheduled (Atlanta, GA)
11/29/2010: YL Received (To bring DL)
02/18/2011: IL Received
03/15/2011: Interview Passed
XX/XX/2011: Oath Postponed

Hey, WaitinginATL,

I hope for you that your husband does get a same-day oath! My husband unhappily has to request rescheduling of his interview, as he has a conflict with an overseas trip that can't be rescheduled. It's very frustrating, but I guess these things happen.

Hi there.
Appreciate some feedback here. I have filed on February 1st and haven't received my fingerprint notice yet (as of today 16-Mar-2011). is there something I should be doing? Thanks.

N400 Filed: 01-Feb-2011
Received Date: 04-February-2011
Notice Date/Check Cashed: 09-Feb-2011
Fingerprint Notice: NONE YET!

Interview Experience

I had my interview completed at the Atlanta District Office. We reached the District office an hour before the interview and waited for 20 mins and then went in thinking security check would take 10 mins so we will be able to check in 30 min prior to appt time. But to our surprise the security security check was completed in 6 mins so when we went to the window to check in they asked us to wait for 4 mins. After 4 mins wait they checked us in and asked to go to the 3rd floor. There were around 10 people waiting there and the Immigration officers were coming to hall and calling the token numbers. We patiently waited our turn and got called just few mins after the scheduled time.

The officer took me to his office and asked for PP, GC , DL and SS card. I did'nt have SS card and he said that's ok. THen went over the PP and was looking at the file and checking some info on his PC. Then he went over the N400 Application verifying the information entered in and ticking next to it. He went over all the questions in the form mostly the stuff related to moral character and ...

After that he asked me to sign a sheet of paper with full name and address. Then he asked me to read a question and told the answer and asked me to write it in a paper. Then he asked the questions,
1. What age to vote?,2. Which ocean on west coast?,3. Who does senator represent?
4. what are the 13 stripes? that's all I could recollect.

He wrote the answer what I gave and marked it right or wrong. Then he wrote passed and filed it. Then he signed the paper where I entered the name and address and gave it back to me which said it been approved for final review and asked to wait in second floor.

There were lot of people waiting there,. Officers were coming frequently with bunch of oath letters and handing them over by calling names. I got mine for 2:00 pm, went out had lunch and got back after security check back to the second floor. An officer checked the letter and seated me in a row. Row by row people were sent to the ceremony hall where they issue tokens and seated in order and after 15 mins wait the Oath ceremony started and done in little over an hour we came out at 3:15 pm.

Overall the process went fine, for those who have forth coming interviews take all the releavant documents original plus copy (or atleast original) which you feel may be needed as proof. Don't go too early make sure you enter 30 mins before your appt time. Once you get the certificate double check the information entered in your certificate for mistakes and get it corrected at that time.

This is a great portal, I have been follower of this portal since my GC days and it helped during anxious times waiting for IL. Good Luck to all who are awating interviews.

Just a quick follow up to my previous question below...
After reading more about this, I am understanding that the FP is valid for 16 months. Looking at my file, I had a set of fingerprints done in March-2010 (GC related). Based on the 16 months validity assumption, it's possible to say that my previous FP should be valid until July-2011.

QUESTION: if this is the case, what should I expect? (wait couple more weeks and expect a transfer to local office letter???) I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Hi there.
Appreciate some feedback here. I have filed on February 1st and haven't received my fingerprint notice yet (as of today 16-Mar-2011). is there something I should be doing? Thanks.

N400 Filed: 01-Feb-2011
Received Date: 04-February-2011
Notice Date/Check Cashed: 09-Feb-2011
Fingerprint Notice: NONE YET!

Just a quick follow up to my previous question below...
After reading more about this, I am understanding that the FP is valid for 16 months. Looking at my file, I had a set of fingerprints done in March-2010 (GC related). Based on the 16 months validity assumption, it's possible to say that my previous FP should be valid until July-2011.

QUESTION: if this is the case, what should I expect? (wait couple more weeks and expect a transfer to local office letter???) I would appreciate any feedback on this.

In other thread related to Green Card applications I read about a lady who got two FP appointments. She applies for Adjustment of Status, and got her first FP appointment. A week later she applied for Employment Autorization, and got another FP appointment. The second time she went to take her FP, they took only the right index finger and her picture.

There was even another person who got two FP appointments for the same day. One at 9am and other at 11 am. The first one related to the I-485 and the second to the I-765.

Conclusion... anything can happen!!!

Centella,

I concur that anything can happen. In my case, nothing has happened yet hence I raised the question. Would they not schedule me for FP if they have my FP on file from last year? If that is the case, should I just wait to get a transfer to local? should I call anyone?

OR,

Do they have to schedule me for FP and in my case, they haven't done so after 6 weeks of filing N400. Should I be doing something? I don't think this period of inactivity is normal especially regarding FP schedule.

I appreciate some help here...

In other thread related to Green Card applications I read about a lady who got two FP appointments. She applies for Adjustment of Status, and got her first FP appointment. A week later she applied for Employment Autorization, and got another FP appointment. The second time she went to take her FP, they took only the right index finger and her picture.

There was even another person who got two FP appointments for the same day. One at 9am and other at 11 am. The first one related to the I-485 and the second to the I-765.

Conclusion... anything can happen!!!

I concur that anything can happen. In my case, nothing has happened yet hence I raised the question. Would they not schedule me for FP if they have my FP on file from last year? If that is the case, should I just wait to get a transfer to local? should I call anyone?

OR,

Do they have to schedule me for FP and in my case, they haven't done so after 6 weeks of filing N400. Should I be doing something? I don't think this period of inactivity is normal especially regarding FP schedule.

I don't think anybody would know the exact answer. According to USCIS web site, they seem to send FP notice in a month and as far as I have seen, it was right for each case...except for yours. Usually N-400 process varies between YL and IL but rarely for FP. Since it's been close to 50 days, I would contact USCIS and ask what is going on with your file.

I don't think anybody would know the exact answer. According to USCIS web site, they seem to send FP notice in a month and as far as I have seen, it was right for each case...except for yours. Usually N-400 process varies between YL and IL but rarely for FP. Since it's been close to 50 days, I would contact USCIS and ask what is going on with your file.

Statcomp, thanks for your feedback.

I called USCIS... first customer rep couldn't help and she transferred me to a higher level rep... the second person told me that they could see my name in the queue for FP (as of two weeks ago) but an appointment hasn't been set yet!!! I asked whether this was normal and the rep said yes and in case I haven't seen anything for another week to give them a call back!!!

Statcomp, thanks for your feedback.

I called USCIS... first customer rep couldn't help and she transferred me to a higher level rep... the second person told me that they could see my name in the queue for FP (as of two weeks ago) but an appointment hasn't been set yet!!! I asked whether this was normal and the rep said yes and in case I haven't seen anything for another week to give them a call back!!!

Interesting. I wonder what made them to delay the appointment setting. Maybe too many files in the queue or FP queue is not first-come-first-serve? Well who knows. :)

It's been 2 months and 3 weeks since I did my finger prints, my case is yet to be transferred to local office. Does anyone have any idea if this is normal or not. I'm getting very frustrated, every time I call USCIS they tell me I'm still within the precessing time frame. Every one in my time frame have gotten their IL or have been interviewed already. Please!! help with your comments.

It's been 2 months and 3 weeks since I did my finger prints, my case is yet to be transferred to local office. Does anyone have any idea if this is normal or not. I'm getting very frustrated, every time I call USCIS they tell me I'm still within the precessing time frame. Every one in my time frame have gotten their IL or have been interviewed already. Please!! help with your comments.

I wouldn't say it's normal but close to average. According to my personal statistical research, it takes 1-4 months to get IL after FP. Average time was about 75 days - so you are just passing average time. Note that Atlanta office is one of slowest office - its N-400 processing time is 5.7 months.

Here is rough break-down of Atlanta N-400 processing time

PD to FP: 30 days - not varies much
FP to YL (Yellow letter): 30 days - not varies much
YL to IL: -5 to 100 days - varies much
IL to ID: 30 days - not varies much
ID to OD: 0 or 1 month - not varies much

So it can take 3 months (rarely), 7 months or more to get the citizenship .

One thing you can do is

1. Submit your own FBI namecheck and receive its response.
2. Contact your congressman and ask what he can do about it.