Asylum Greencard Passport not stamped

ysfrc

Registered Users (C)
i am an asylee approved from immigration court by judge and applied green card on feb 2007 and on april 2nd 2009(a week ago) i got an interview. She asked me genral question and gave me 2 papers of interview. She didnot stamp my passport and she said i donot need it i am indefinit asylee. We'll send you decision between 60 to 90 days. After i read this forum people talkin about 2-3 weeks to get their greencard after interview. is there anything wrong with may case? honestly i was 1 hour late and really nervous while at interview. i could not ask any question. could anyone know about this and gimme good news?

I am assuming that she did not make a decision of approval or denial on your case.
Did she mention anything about approval or denial?

when i asked about passport stamp, she said when i got my green card in 2-3 months i will not need passport and i m an indefinit asylee. also i thought it is done at court the case and my wife was same statude and at interview they did not even talk just stamped her passport 4 years ago and got her card in 3 weeks. like i said i was late and nervous but she did not ask me other than general question and she said she made 7 changes like address i94 number and oyher 5 like these.

I dont think beeing late or nervouse has effect on not stamping your pssport.
i would say don't worry about it , Most likely you will receive your GC soon.

i was nervous because i was not expecting such an interview. my wife got same interview letter and they did not ask any question and just stamped her passport and happened everything in 1 minute that is why i got discarted i know i was looking like stupid . i was gona ask about green card and other question even they were in my mind but i could not split out. finally she said if i got my green card 60-90 days i will not need passport stamp. i got 2 infopass for asking but i read this forum i m hasitating to get bad news so i canceled the infopasses. and prefer to wait.

Just making sure that I understand it right.You are primary not Derivate and your wife is derivate.Right?

no, we have both seperate cases. she got approved her case 1998 from immigration office and got her green card intervie april 2005 and got her card end of april 2005. my case aprroved from immigration court by judge march 2006 and applied for green card 2007 and got interview letter for on 2nd april 2009 which is one week ago.

Wow, That is smart ,You both doubled your chances.Anyway, if she said you will get it in 60 to 90 days, you should be okay. She might wanted to be in safe side before approving you to check something and who knows what her intention might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only derivate asylee gets stamped on passport at the POE(if you file I-730). Primary asylee will only get stamped on i-94.
At least that's what happened in my case. I still don't have anything stamped on my passport and wife has.

The fact is even if she deny your GC, you can get it throgh your spouse, so relax and don't worry.What you guys did was most smart thing posssible.
Don't lose your sleep over this.

what makes me confused and nervous is my case is already aprroved from immigration judge so is there anyway to deny my greev card? it sounds me stupid

she returned my i94 and pasport without stamped and i will get my greencard from my wife at least 2 years later i cannot wait 2 more years for that!

does anyone else know about this? i read you guys had your welcome notice in 8 days mine been 10 days and nothing yet! any suggestion?
once again i applied for GC on march 2007 after granted asylum from immigration court by judge on march 2006 and i got interview on april 2nd 2009 at immigration office. today is 11th of april nothin happened yet either mailed or changed online info. the processing date for denver, co forward like 5 months ahead.

Why would you think you denied?

There is no difference between 8 or 10 days. :) Hopefully you will get your welcome letter shortly. All cases are different and timelines too (and immigration officers). Don't compare you case to others. Good luck!

Why would you think you denied?

you have to read from the beginning. the immigration officer told me they will send the desicion between 60-90 days and she returned my passport and i-94 without stapmed. the main question is i got my granted asylum from court and is there any right to deny my greencard?

They have a right to deny but should come up with a valid reason not because they want to. And you have the right to defend your status.

All I am saying that 10 days is nothing. it is too early to worry.

anyone else have any idea? please read first from the begining.

Of course they have the "right" to deny the green card application. But they will deny an asylee green card application only for a compelling reason like if you have serious criminal record or something like that.

I understand your anxiety. But you should just relax and wait for them to contact you. Most asylum green card applications are handled by the service centers. District offices do not interview people like you that often. So it is understandable that it is taking the officer longer than usual to reach a decision.

so just relax and be patient.

If someone is granted asylum, it is not a guarantee that he will get his green card. To get your green card you must be "admissible" to the United States. Look at the form I-485, Part 3. If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, that might be grounds of inadmissibility, except the question regarding government assistance, cause asylees are eligible for that. If you did not answer "yes" to any of those questions, there could be other reasons why they decided to interview you (usually they don't) and are delaying your case. I don't know from what country you are, but if your country is listed as a country supporting terrorism, they have special procedures for the citizens of those countries, like extensive background check. They also do it to people who transfer or recieve large amounts of money from abroad.