Asylum case withdrawn and I-130 approved. What Now?

I know you will have good news too!!! and it is a pleassure to share some info in order to give you a hint of what you might find at your court.! God be with you!

you know if u need more details, let me know!

I know you will have good news too!!! and it is a pleassure to share some info in order to give you a hint of what you might find at your court.! God be with you!

you know if u need more details, let me know!

Thx David, How did you get the stamp in 4 days, you can go to any immigration place to stamp it . how did that work?

Did you EWI US ? or entered legally on some visa ?

Hi David, I have just noticed this thread, congrats on your approval.

My wife is also in a similar (but not exactly the same, as yours) situation. I filed I-730 for her, but US consulate in COP did not issue her visa and returned her I730 back to USCIS. She EWI US and filed I-589, which was administratively closed once I presented asylum office with a brand new "Favourable" I-730 decision. USCIS local office issued her I-94 with asylee status. She filed I-485 which now kept hanging from last 2.5 years - (She was even interviewed in I-485 case, where IO verbally told her about approval - but her case was later on transfered to an asylum office).

Well, I am comming close to become eligibile to apply for US citizenship. And I am wondering if filing I-130 at that stage could result in Green card to my spouse.

As I mentioned earlier, My wife EWI US, did you also EWI ? or you had entered on a proper visa ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx David, How did you get the stamp in 4 days, you can go to any immigration place to stamp it . how did that work?

When you get approved at the court, you will get instructions to get your greencard. You have to shcedule an INFOPASS, 3 bussiness days after your approval in order to be in the system. However, I schedule de INFOPASS the same day at the approval, but I selected the day three days after. That will save you some days. Then you go to the Infopass, you have to show your passport and the judge approval. An officer will stamp your passport and ask you rutine questions.

Hi David, I have just noticed this thread, congrats on your approval.

My wife is also in a similar (but not exactly the same, as yours) situation. I filed I-730 for her, but US consulate in COP did not issue her visa and returned her I730 back to USCIS. She EWI US and filed I-589, which was administratively closed once I presented asylum office with a brand new "Favourable" I-730 decision. USCIS local office issued her I-94 with asylee status. She filed I-485 which now kept hanging from last 2.5 years - (She was even interviewed in I-485 case, where IO verbally told her about approval - but her case was later on transfered to an asylum office).

Well, I am comming close to become eligibile to apply for US citizenship. And I am wondering if filing I-130 at that stage could result in Green card to my spouse.

As I mentioned earlier, My wife EWI US, did you also EWI ? or you had entered on a proper visa ?

HI. what i seems to me is that her I-485 was filled for her asylum, right?

I really dont want to give you wrong information regarding your case, so please get the advise of an attorney. However, It looks that everythign is ok. It is just a matter the time, and good thing your wife is a EWI, that will save her BIGGG headaches. (I am EWI too).

Ups!!! sorry!! I meant with inspection. with a tourist visa...

Hi David, i wanted to let u all know i was approved yesterday, they question me again about my aylum case i withdrew n i was approved the judge didnt question me the govt prosecuter did he was very nice about it n my lawyer also had to question me in the court weird but it was good. my spouse was not questioned the acknowledge him but that was it.

i schedule infopass for my fingerprint n now i cant seem to change the date on it i wanted the 16th of june instead i chose the 23 and i want to get my card before july 10 for i am traveling overseas do u think i will get the card by then?

thank you and I thank God so much.

awwwwwwwww!! I am so glad you got approved!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know that feeling!! :)

Make your trip reality!. Just make sure to get your passport stamped at the infopass.

I went to south america with the stamp. I did not have any problem at the airport. everything was smooth. However, the officer told me "are u aware that your greencard is in your mail box?" During my trip I got the green card on the mail. It took 31 days for the card to arrive after the info pass. You you should face the same situation!

COngratulations!! let's celebrate!! cheers!!!

awwwwwwwww!! I Am So Glad You Got Approved!! Congratulations!!! I Know That Feeling!! :)

Make Your Trip Reality!. Just Make Sure To Get Your Passport Stamped At The Infopass.

I Went To South America With The Stamp. I Did Not Have Any Problem At The Airport. Everything Was Smooth. However, The Officer Told Me "are U Aware That Your Greencard Is In Your Mail Box?" During My Trip I Got The Green Card On The Mail. It Took 31 Days For The Card To Arrive After The Info Pass. You You Should Face The Same Situation!

Congratulations!! Let's Celebrate!! Cheers!!!

Lol I Am So Happy, Good You Took A Much Needed Trip. Should I Request The Stamp On The Same Day? Mine Appointment Is For A Fingerprint Tho, Can I Request The One Year Stamp The Same Day Too?

Lol I Am So Happy, Good You Took A Much Needed Trip. Should I Request The Stamp On The Same Day? Mine Appointment Is For A Fingerprint Tho, Can I Request The One Year Stamp The Same Day Too?
Can I go before to the infopass before the 23rd and see if they can cancel the 23, I cant seem to successfully cancel the date as the require a 5 digit receipt number i do not have.

The infopass is for you to show the official your approval notice from the judge (I hope you have that paper with you). The stamp will be valid for only 6 months. The official will put and check if your approval is in the system, so he will stamp your passport without asking. Mkae sure your passport still valid. With that stamp you are free to travel. Not need to wait for the greencard.

I also remember the infopass day, they had fingerprint machines, probably for cases like yours, so I hope you can do everythign the same day. Please let me know how it went! However, you passed for the hard part!!! I am glad for you!

The infopass is for you to show the official your approval notice from the judge (I hope you have that paper with you). The stamp will be valid for only 6 months. The official will put and check if your approval is in the system, so he will stamp your passport without asking. Mkae sure your passport still valid. With that stamp you are free to travel. Not need to wait for the greencard.

I also remember the infopass day, they had fingerprint machines, probably for cases like yours, so I hope you can do everythign the same day. Please let me know how it went! However, you passed for the hard part!!! I am glad for you!

Thx for the repsonse you have been helpful I am so glad I did this post it became very helpful for all of us. I am hoping my book is stamped too that day. if not I am sure I could do it a few days later. I am set to travel by July 11th.

Thank you so much

Hi guys, I had my passport stamped for 6 months yesterday the 23 of june. i also received an email on the 23 of june, that my greencard is being processed. My status was approved on June 11th.

AWwwwwwww I am so happy for you!!! Finally you did it! I am glad everything came out good for you. I meant for US! It took one month for me to get that email, so you will get your greencard pretty soon. Enjoy it. You deserved it!

AWwwwwwww I am so happy for you!!! Finally you did it! I am glad everything came out good for you. I meant for US! It took one month for me to get that email, so you will get your greencard pretty soon. Enjoy it. You deserved it!

LOL, I am happy for us too. I got my offer letter today, it says that the card will be mailed out in 3 weeks. I take a one month vacation on Friday, I am using the stamp in my passport. Will let you know when I get the card. Let me know when you get urs as well.

Hi guys, Davidm and Pepsi maybe you can give me an advise what to do in my situation. It's the same as yours were. I was in proceedings, got married in dec 2005 , my wife US citzn filed for me I-130, on 01/24/06, then it was transfered to Miami office on 04/24/06, and we never heard from them since, we called in feb 08 to find out what taking them so long (I don't have an attorney). In march
got letter saying that case is in process and needs review and that's why it taking so long.. and if we don't hear from them in 6 months call again..bullshit!!!
Not having an attorney can be the reason for delay or not?Do they normally process cases with attorneys first or it does not matter?As you realize I don't have EAD and can't work all this time :(
Thanx for information

Hi guys, Davidm and Pepsi maybe you can give me an advise what to do in my situation. It's the same as yours were. I was in proceedings, got married in dec 2005 , my wife US citzn filed for me I-130, on 01/24/06, then it was transfered to Miami office on 04/24/06, and we never heard from them since, we called in feb 08 to find out what taking them so long (I don't have an attorney). In march
got letter saying that case is in process and needs review and that's why it taking so long.. and if we don't hear from them in 6 months call again..bullshit!!!
Not having an attorney can be the reason for delay or not?Do they normally process cases with attorneys first or it does not matter?As you realize I don't have EAD and can't work all this time :(
Thanx for information

Hi, I am sorry it took to long to answer.
I was in the same situation as you were waiting for the interview for the I-130. however, mine took like 6 months to be schedule. I can see yours was transfered from 2006.
Get an INFOPASS and find out what 's going on with your application.

Hi David thanks for your respond! Thing is I can't schedule infopass online for some reason it's always unavailable doesn't matter when you try..I guess I got to go to Miami to INS office and schedule it in person, which sucks, 2 hours of driving one way. Who was your judge? I have a feeling that my is ok. He wants to approve the case, by INS delaying it badly. On the interview did they ask you questions about your asylum case? Congratulations on your GC!

i don't know about florida, but in New York it can take more then a year to be scheduled for stokes. I was lucky and it only took 5 months:)
My stokes interview is scheduled in a month (end of august) and i'm very scared. Please post some questions here if you went already through this nightmare.
Also once i pass my stokes - they automatically approve my I-130. Should i submit i-485 to USCIS or just bring all the forms (medical, affidavit, etc) to my next master hearing? will the judge approve my i-485 right away?

ps. congratulations to all who was able to win this fight with uscis. I'm next!!!!