Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2011 Tracker

Today, I received my naturalization certificate after oath ceremony. Right after the ceremony, I went to the motor vehicles dept to change my driver's license due to name change. Right after, I went to the Social Security office then head down to the Post Office to apply for my US Passport.

Congrats Shefe.

Quick question though. Weren't you asked to provide picture ID with the new name in order to apply for the
passport.

I was told by the post office in NY that a new ID with the new name is required in order to file for the US
Passport.

Thanks

Ed

I was told to provide an ID but i gave them the one with my old name- my name really did not change that much

The former name was Oka Ada-Oba and the official name on my naturalization certificate is Oka Oba.

Few of the employees at the post office are not well trained, i was surprised they accepted a copy of my old driver's license.

So awesome

That they allow you to change your name hassle and cost free, I'm also changing mine.

Anxiously waiting on my interview date here. Anyone on here has naturalized in the Los Angeles area? Wondering what kind of waiting I should be preparing for.

I was told to provide an ID but i gave them the one with my old name- my name really did not change that much

The former name was Oka Ada-Oba and the official name on my naturalization certificate is Oka Oba.

Few of the employees at the post office are not well trained, i was surprised they accepted a copy of my old driver's license.

My Passport

They ordered for my passport and it was mailed via overnight delivery. Waiting so patiently for it.

Finally

Hello All,

Received my 52 pages American passport today. Thank you all for your support.

thanks

Thank you for the shout out, guys.

I am not here as often as I was in the past because of multiple family and work obligations. I am trying to be as helpful as I can.

shefe, thank you for staying on this forum.

Finally a Citizen

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I became a US citizen two weeks ago in NY. I have't had a chance to update my signature but will do so this weekend.

I had applied in June 2011 did my interview and oath in Sep 2011.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Regards

Ed

Haven't really been on here a lot, but I'm a derivate asylee and I'm ready to apply for naturalization. A little bit worried about the fingerprinting since I'm a college student and applying from where my school is, but am going back to my parents' house in another state for winter break the latter half of December... Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully they'll schedule it early enough that I can get it over with before I leave town.

Yesterday I received an update of my case via email and SMS: "Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from November 9, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance."

I'm now waiting for Interview Letter (getting closer!)