Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

I applied because I was tired to wait( :rolleyes: Just kidding:D
I applied based on INA 329, I was eligible for citizenship in 2007

Could you please be more especific about how INA could help to an asylee apply to his N400 before the 5 years time frame.

Thanks,

Jcasylee

Congratulation Colombian PR on your interview results !!! Quick question - did you renew your passport from COP? You said you have a current and expired passport.Your reply is greatly appreciated....

Greentocitizen:

I did renew my COP passaport. My old one was expired. The oficer open them, looked at the fisrt page where there's your personal info, closed them and hand them back. She didn't go thru any pages.

Did you already pass the 5 year mark?

No, I have not completed my 5 years of continuous Permanent Residence. My folder had a blue page on top saying that. The officer told me I had to wait until the 5 year requirement was completed in order to be scheduled for the Oath ceremony!

americadream

No, I have not completed my 5 years of continuous Permanent Residence. My folder had a blue page on top saying that. The officer told me I had to wait until the 5 year requirement was completed in order to be scheduled for the Oath ceremony!

Congratulations Colombian PR!

Uncle Joe, now you should have started to think about twice before you comment on any postings here actually in real but you may think it is bullshit. Nothing is impossible as far as you believe yourself. Congrats to you too!

intriguing and challenging

Greentocitizen:

I did renew my COP passaport. My old one was expired. The oficer open them, looked at the fisrt page where there's your personal info, closed them and hand them back. She didn't go thru any pages.

I guess it all depends on how you present yourself and your confidence level during the interview. There is no as such a hard and fast rules about asylees taking the citizenship interview in regards to questions/concerns/dilemmas about renewing passport, visiting or not visiting COP etc etc....How the IO is interpreting the law as relates to your case and even how he/she feels on that day determine the out come which I guess makes it more intriguing and challenging.

Again congratulation on your success and please keep contributing to this forum as you have been doing before.

Hi Colombian PR,

I am Colombian too and my 4 years and 9 months will be on 02/23/10. we can't wait since my Husband and I will be applying by then.

I also live in Miami and I would like to have some inside information from your application. Could you tell me where did you originally sent the documents? I've noticed that it took 2 months for the process so I will hope to have same time line.

I don't think that our interview will be at the Hialeah office since we live in South Miami. But any advice or comment will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Jcasylee

Hi Colombian PR,

I am Colombian too and my 4 years and 9 months will be on 02/23/10. we can't wait since my Husband and I will be applying by then.

I also live in Miami and I would like to have some inside information from your application. Could you tell me where did you originally sent the documents? I've noticed that it took 2 months for the process so I will hope to have same time line.

I don't think that our interview will be at the Hialeah office since we live in South Miami. But any advice or comment will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Jcasylee

Hey Jcasylee,
Your interview will probablly be at Kendall or South Miami. The Kendall building is brand new.
I sent my application to Lewisville, TX 90 days before the 5 year requirement. Things are going really fast, at least here in Miami.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need any help.

Te deseo mucha suerte!
:)

Hey Jcasylee,
Your interview will probablly be at Kendall or South Miami. The Kendall building is brand new.
I sent my application to Lewisville, TX 90 days before the 5 year requirement. Things are going really fast, at least here in Miami.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need any help.

Te deseo mucha suerte!
:)

Thank you for the answer!!

During the interview, the IO went only within your N400 or IO also went into the Asylum application.

Thanks,

Jcasylee.

Thank you for the answer!!

During the interview, the IO went only within your N400 or IO also went into the Asylum application.

Thanks,

Jcasylee.

Not a single question regarding asylum. My thinking is that once you become PR that is your status no matter how you got it.

Good to know, I understand that every case is different, but since my Husband and I have different case I am a 100% sure that we wouldn't like to remember all details about what happened 10 years ago and the reason why we are today here. We try allways to erase from our memories thos bad moments, so I was wondering if we would need to go back on those details.

So basically, IO will only review the current application, the N400 and will ask about your life after the application was filled out?

Had my naturalization interview this morning. It went pretty straightfoward - officer went through the application, asked me all the routine questions and gave me a notice at the end that the decison cannot be made today because my immigration file (about 3 feet thick) still needs to be reviewed. More wait... Oh, well... Nothing new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my naturalization interview this morning. It went pretty straightfoward - officer went through the application, asked me all the routine questions and gave me a notice at the end that the decison cannot be made today because my immigration file (about 3 feet thick) still needs to be reviewed. More wait... Oh, well... Nothing new.

Did you visit COP during all these years?

detailsssss please!
:D

Did you applied 90 days before due date?

No, my application was marriage-based, otherwise, I would have to wait for almost another year just to apply. So, I applied on the next day after the third anniversary of my marriage (and I was a PR for over three years, too).

Questions to Be4

No, my application was marriage-based, otherwise, I would have to wait for almost another year just to apply. So, I applied on the next day after the third anniversary of my marriage (and I was a PR for over three years, too).

Be4 -

Correct me if I am wrong. As per what you stated here , You applied in mid 90's for your asylum case and you got you GC around 2006 but since you were married to USC , you become eligible to apply for citizenship in three years. Do you mind telling us why it took so long for you to get approved on your asylum case ? If it's too personal , you don't need to disclose at all.