Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

Hi - I've been mostly reading the posts and not adding much for a while now, but I'll be sure to add the details of my interview, which has just been scheduled. This forum has provided me with a lot of helpful information along the process. The basics of my case are that I'm a derivative asylee, I entered without inspection with my parents as a child, and everything has gone fairly smoothly in our case. We were approved with just an interview. I'm just a bit nervous because my country does not produce a lot of asylees (I'm not going to name the country for privacy reasons).

Good luck to everyone!

Hi - I've been mostly reading the posts and not adding much for a while now, but I'll be sure to add the details of my interview, which has just been scheduled. This forum has provided me with a lot of helpful information along the process. The basics of my case are that I'm a derivative asylee, I entered without inspection with my parents as a child, and everything has gone fairly smoothly in our case. We were approved with just an interview. I'm just a bit nervous because my country does not produce a lot of asylees (I'm not going to name the country for privacy reasons).

Good luck to everyone!

Whats your DO?

Dear Want, why did you send your N-400 application on October-12-2009 when you were eligible to send it on September-12-2009?

Just curious. I will send my application soon.

Because I was out of country for an emergency. Plus my DO is taking roughly 70 days from start to finish. Better not get a decision can't be made cuz of not reaching 5 yrs.

good luck!

Dear Want, why did you send your N-400 application on October-12-2009 when you were eligible to send it on September-12-2009?

Just curious. I will send my application soon.

I wish u the best to both of you, you have been very nice and kind to me these years on this forum!

Finally, interview tomorrow morning!...................................FINALLY!;)

Pls pray for me:)

Will keep you posted!

Finally, interview tomorrow morning!...................................FINALLY!;)

Pls pray for me:)

Will keep you posted!

I'm very glad you made it to this point, too. Hope, your interview was successful. Please, post your experience when you have a chance. :)

What a relief!

- I arrived about 15 minutes early.
-Was asked to wait
-Officer came to the waiting room and called my name, about 3-5 minutes later.
-Did the oath
-Signed a few papers
-Officer quickly went over my application, asked a few questions about my marital status/kids, etc.
-Began test...I answered the first 6 correctly, so there was no need for the rest 4 q's.
-Officer congratulated me and told me that I have passed my interview & test, and told me to wait for my oath letter.

The whole thing from the time I walked in to the time I left was no more than 20 minutes.

Waiting on my wife naturalization (within next three month)

Then we will take a Caribbean cruise to celebrate:D.

A few months to new beginning! Yahooooooooooooo!

Congratulations, bringslite! You're almost there! Indeed, what a relief - I can attest to that!

Congratulations, Bringslite!

Has anyone who's been on these forums for a while read anything about derivative asylees getting a lot of questions about the original asylum claim during the N-400 interview? I'm trying to prepare for my interview in a couple weeks, but I don't know much about the original case because I was so young and it's not something that I can talk to my parents about ...

Congratulations, Bringslite!

Has anyone who's been on these forums for a while read anything about derivative asylees getting a lot of questions about the original asylum claim during the N-400 interview? I'm trying to prepare for my interview in a couple weeks, but I don't know much about the original case because I was so young and it's not something that I can talk to my parents about ...

You dont' know your parents asylum claim? on what basis? I dont think they will ask you anything on asylum. What they can ask you is, If you have been back to your COP..which you should know.

Question for bringslite

What a relief!

- I arrived about 15 minutes early.
-Was asked to wait
-Officer came to the waiting room and called my name, about 3-5 minutes later.
-Did the oath
-Signed a few papers
-Officer quickly went over my application, asked a few questions about my marital status/kids, etc.
-Began test...I answered the first 6 correctly, so there was no need for the rest 4 q's.
-Officer congratulated me and told me that I have passed my interview & test, and told me to wait for my oath letter.

The whole thing from the time I walked in to the time I left was no more than 20 minutes.

Waiting on my wife naturalization (within next three month)

Then we will take a Caribbean cruise to celebrate:D.

A few months to new beginning! Yahooooooooooooo!

Congratulation to begin with !!

I have the following questions for you if you would like to share the experiences if there were any during the interview ( asked by IO) with us:

Have you went back to your COP ?

Have you renewed your passport ?

Thanks !!

Congratulation to begin with !!

I have the following questions for you if you would like to share the experiences if there were any during the interview ( asked by IO) with us:

Have you went back to your COP ?

Have you renewed your passport ?

Thanks !!

Thanks everyone.

No, all the questions were straight out of my application. I did travel outside the US last year twice (but not to COP), and the IO asked about that briefly. Nothing about COP or passport. I had my tax papers (4 years back), my travel document, etc...But the IO did not ask to see any of that. In fact the IO gave me back my green card right after the intervew.