Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

Hi guys. This is my first message here. I need your advice. I'm colombian, and I want to go on vacation to my country. I have Asylee status, but I don't have my GC yet; however, I have my Refugee Travel Document. Do you think, guys, that I should visit my country using this document????

I'd like to read EVERYTHING you think about it.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings all,

The "Resident Since" date on my G.C. says 12/19/04. Is it "safe" to submit my N-400 this week?

I believe the 4 year 9 month rule has been satisfied...

D.

Greetings all,

The "Resident Since" date on my G.C. says 12/19/04. Is it "safe" to submit my N-400 this week?

I believe the 4 year 9 month rule has been satisfied...

D.

Absolutely, you can submit your N-400 any time now... good luck and share your interview experience with us...

pass citizen interview

I pass citizen interview on 09/24/2009, during my interview only ten mintes. I want to COP one time, IO didn't ask me about that, don't even see my passport and my taxes return.
if you want to COP one time and short time, You have no problem.

Hi, Long time no see.

Here is my status:

06/20/09: N-400 mailed
09/28/09: Oath done

It only took 3 months. I am in MN. I am waiting for my passport now.

Good luck! God bless America!!!!!!

Hi, Long time no see.

Here is my status:

06/20/09: N-400 mailed
09/28/09: Oath done

It only took 3 months. I am in MN. I am waiting for my passport now.

Good luck! God bless America!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! At least, your citizenship application was processed quickly! I've been wondring lately how you're doing. :)

HI guys,

I am an asylee and have visited COP two times and each visit was about 5+ months with a fifteen days gap. My interview of citizenship is coming next month. I will let you guys know the result. :eek:

I had my interview yesterday and passed it succesfully. Oath will be few days from now.I just wanted to let you know that there was no question about going or not going to COP, All IO was concern was if I did break continuse residency and he questioned me what I had on the application and did not ask for even one evidence to prove anything or not even asking that how I received GC or he maybe did not care.As I always believed all depends on what kind of person is the interwier and how you present yourself.I truly hope that all of you have your happy day and don't get stuck on the process even if you have visited the COP.It is big relief on the immigration procee when you become USC.Good luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview yesterday and passed it succesfully. Oath will be few days from now.I just wanted to let you know that there was no question about going or not going to COP, All IO was concern was if I did break continuse residency and he questioned me what I had on the application and did not ask for even one evidence to prove anything or not even asking that how I received GC or he maybe did not care.As I always believed all depends on what kind of person is the interwier and how you present yourself.I truly hope that all of you have your happy day and don't get stuck on the process even if you have visited the COP.It is big relief on the immigration procee when you become USC.Good luck to you all.

Folks:

I also had a very positive naturalization experience. I did not go to COP but the officer did not ask me even one thing about my asylum status or how I acquired it. It was a straightforward naturalization interview with basic civics and English test and I took the oath the same day since Newark has same day oath. Applied for passport the next day. I was freaking out for many years before I was interviewed but this was a breeze that I did not even expect!

Citizenship interview without passport

Guys/Gals –

I am very new to this forum. I have been looking at posts here for about 2 weeks. It’s amazing how beneficial this forum is. It helps a lot of people in so many different ways and it informed me with many immigration laws and expectation.

I am LPR through an asylum and in a couple of month be ready to apply for citizenship. I obtained my green card on Mar 2005 (resident since date).
My question is , is it an issue to go for citizenship interview without a passport? I have a police report 1.5 years ago that I lost it when I moved to another state. I have also an email receipt when I purchased the ticket online showing departure and arrival and flight numbers. I have also copies of passport with stamps.

I have never gone back to COP or any country close by. But back in 2007 I have renewed my passport through an embassy here (with no problem) and used the passport to travel to Canada for 27 days (never traveled any where else before this or after this). There was a family emergency (paying respect for a dead close family member) and I have email proof from my Dad and other close relatives about this. I couldn’t wait for RTD or travel document b/c at that time it took forever to process and they charge s&*^% loads of money :mad: for it and it wouldn’t make sense to travel after waiting for long time.

I really appreciate if you guys give me some insight into this. I would welcome any honest feedback to help my case.

My N-400 Timeline

07/17/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX
07/20/2009 Delivery Received Date to TX
07/25/2009 Check Cashed Date
xx/xx/2009 I-797C Notice Date
08/12/2009 I-797C Received Date
xx/xx/2009 Fingerprint Notice Date
08/12/2009 Fingerprint Notice Received Date
xx/xx/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Date
08/13/2009 Fingerprint Walk-in Date
09/01/2009 Yellow Letter Received with IL
09/01/2009 Interview Letter Received Date
10/06/2009 Interview Date
10/06/2009 Oath Letter Received Date
10/09/2009 Oath Date
10/09/2009 Applied Passport + Passport Card
xx/xx/2009 Received Passport
xx/xx/2009 Received Passport card

Guys/Gals –

I am very new to this forum. I have been looking at posts here for about 2 weeks. It’s amazing how beneficial this forum is. It helps a lot of people in so many different ways and it informed me with many immigration laws and expectation.

I am LPR through an asylum and in a couple of month be ready to apply for citizenship. I obtained my green card on Mar 2005 (resident since date).
My question is , is it an issue to go for citizenship interview without a passport? I have a police report 1.5 years ago that I lost it when I moved to another state. I have also an email receipt when I purchased the ticket online showing departure and arrival and flight numbers. I have also copies of passport with stamps.

I have never gone back to COP or any country close by. But back in 2007 I have renewed my passport through an embassy here (with no problem) and used the passport to travel to Canada for 27 days (never traveled any where else before this or after this). There was a family emergency (paying respect for a dead close family member) and I have email proof from my Dad and other close relatives about this. I couldn’t wait for RTD or travel document b/c at that time it took forever to process and they charge s&*^% loads of money :mad: for it and it wouldn’t make sense to travel after waiting for long time.

I really appreciate if you guys give me some insight into this. I would welcome any honest feedback to help my case.

You should have no problem at the interview. If asked for your passport, just say you lost it (as you did).

a few years a go after I became LPR I left the U.S for 1 week vacation and I used my re-entry permit (travel document valid for 2 years) and I renewed it few months a go. I included this trip in my N400 app (interview in a couple of weeks)
do I need to proof that I was out of the country for only 1 week (the new passport does not show any trips) and i never received the Old one-should I?
I also still have my national passport which i never used
when the IO asks for passport which one should I give him?

a few years a go after I became LPR I left the U.S for 1 week vacation and I used my re-entry permit (travel document valid for 2 years) and I renewed it few months a go. I included this trip in my N400 app (interview in a couple of weeks)
do I need to proof that I was out of the country for only 1 week (the new passport does not show any trips) and i never received the Old one-should I?
I also still have my national passport which i never used
when the IO asks for passport which one should I give him?

tell the officer that you had to sent the previous re entry document back to nebraska when you filed for new one,

give your officer your passport and your current re entry travel document

if the officer is very strick, he may tell you he will mail you the decision by mail, the officer may need to verify your travel record

tell the officer that you had to sent the previous re entry document back to nebraska when you filed for new one,

give your officer your passport and your current re entry travel document

if the officer is very strick, he may tell you he will mail you the decision by mail, the officer may need to verify your travel record

is there any thing I can do to obtain a previous travel document or the record?

is there any thing i can do to obtain a previous travel document or the record?

no

dont worry about it, the most important thing is list all the
vacation dates in the application, do not lie or hide anything

i had almost the same situation as you, i got my decision by mail
and i was approved

americadream

Hi All,

I happened to find this website so that I walked through all posts/replys, and I learned tons. Now I passed the interview, took the oath, got passport.

My case is very unique: during the past five years being PR, I used to live and work in COP for almost 600 days (am sure nobody here would even believe it). So guys you can image how my feeling was before the interview. The interview went very smooth: it only took 10 minutes, and IO even didn't look at my passport. I prepared 16 pounds of supporting materials/documents but he only asked for my marriage certificate and made a copy. But he did ask me if I obtained GC on employment basis and I said no it was through asylum. That is it.

So I think, for those who will have interview soon also went back to COP before, my suggestion is that, prepare as much as you can, and be ready to expalin why you had to be there, and what the back-up plan you had prepared once you were back.

God bless you all!