Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

you may go anyday for FP
john
donnt think too much about where your application is vacationing,eventually will come back to you one day.patience is virtue..:)
send your 400 in priority mail.gets there in two days.no confusion.

you may go anyday for fp
john
donnt think too much about where your application is vacationing,eventually will come back to you one day.patience is virtue..:)
send your 400 in priority mail.gets there in two days.no confusion.

thanks body, you are the best

Don't know where else to ask

Hi guys,
My Gosh, it's been 4 years since I last checked this forum. This forum was my "savior" during my looong wait to get my green card. Well, anyway, now that I'm almost ready to apply for US citizenship (eligible in August '09), I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to anywhere else, so I'm turning to this forum again:)

My RTD has expired last June (2008), and I never applied for a new one since I didn't need to travel abroad. Do I need to have a current RTD when I apply for citizenship, or is it ok to just show them my old expired RTD. I never had a passport from my country of origin, nor have I ever travel there since moving to the US 13 yrs ago.
Thanks in advance & sorry for the long post.

Hi guys,
My Gosh, it's been 4 years since I last checked this forum. This forum was my "savior" during my looong wait to get my green card. Well, anyway, now that I'm almost ready to apply for US citizenship (eligible in August '09), I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to anywhere else, so I'm turning to this forum again:)

My RTD has expired last June (2008), and I never applied for a new one since I didn't need to travel abroad. Do I need to have a current RTD when I apply for citizenship, or is it ok to just show them my old expired RTD. I never had a passport from my country of origin, nor have I ever travel there since moving to the US 13 yrs ago.
Thanks in advance & sorry for the long post.

You do not need a current RTD.

Question About D/O

Hello,

I see that in the signature some of you have the District Office, looking at the N-400 form there are just 2 places to send the forms (Arizona and Texas), what is the D/O for? How can I know mine? Is it the same as Local Office?

You do not need a current RTD.

Thanks a lot, Thankful. Just what I wanted to hear.

I didn't see it anywhere on the N-400 say it, can you please refer me to where you got your answer, I just want to be prepared in case they start to give me a hard time at the interview. Thanks!!!!

Timeline SFO

Updated:

05/01/09: N400 fedexed to Phoenix AZ service center
05/07/09: Documents received
05/14/09: Check cashed
05/07/09: Priority Date
05/12/09: Notice Date
06/02/09: FP scheduled (done on the same day)

Devi

Everything on track

Hi fellows:
Check has been cashed out today. (See signature)
USCIS is really fast now a days. (At least when it comes to money)
My actual weight is 192 pounds, thanks to the advice of our friend JOHNN SMITH1 who told me about Cold Soba.
FLASHINGTON: My weight goal is 165 pounds. (According to the mass body index that's the upper accepted limit based on my height)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi A****t19,

Did you apply 3 months before your 5 years as a PR. Or before?

Thanks for your answer that will be useful for those of us that will apply this year.

I had applied on married to citizen for 3 years while spouse was not citizen for 3 years (minus 85 days) when I signed N400 form. I thought I can apply 90 days in advance and I found out right at interview. The interviewer was nice but she said I can't do anything you have to reapply and I didn't wait for an hour to reapply. I just wanted to get this thing done and I was almost there. I hope every thing go well like went perfect first time.
When you applied on 5 years basis, try to count 85 days not 90 days for safe side.

Last edited by a moderator:
A****t19,

It sounds weird for me, here is what stated in the N400 instruction:

if you are applying based on five years as lawful permanent resident of based on three years as lawful permanent resident married to a US citizen, you may apply for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet continuous residence requirement.

Did you argue with the IO?

Thanks

A****t19,

It sounds weird for me, here is what stated in the N400 instruction:

if you are applying based on five years as lawful permanent resident of based on three years as lawful permanent resident married to a US citizen, you may apply for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet continuous residence requirement.

Did you argue with the IO?

Thanks

I had little. Even I told her r u sure and she said " I look younger but I am doing it this for last 10 years.
According to her when you apply based on 3 years your spouse must have finished 3 years (as citizen) when you sign the n400 application. 90 day rule does not apply to spouse.

updates on my case

LATEST UPDATES

D/O : (your district office)
05/18/09 : N-400 Mailed to AZ SERVICE CENTER
05/20/09 : USPS mail delivered
05/29/09 : Check cashed
05/29/09 : NOA Received.
06/05/09 : FP Notice Received.
06/13/09 : FP Appointment.
xx/xx/09 : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/09 : Interview Date.
xx/xx/09 : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/09 : Oath Date.

A****t19 ,

Are you saying that if my spouse applies for citizenshipe based on my citizenship, she has to wait for full 3 years after my citizenship. So, she should not apply 90 days prior to 3 year period ?
Secondly, guys can anyone tell, what date is taken into consideration for calculation 90 days, ..it is the date on application form or date we send out mail or date USCIS receives the mail?

A****t19 ,

Are you saying that if my spouse applies for citizenshipe based on my citizenship, she has to wait for full 3 years after my citizenship. So, she should not apply 90 days prior to 3 year period ?

In this case you must me citizen for 3 years than your spouse can apply. 90 days rule does not apply on you. About your spouse, doble check with immigration, than apply.